Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Marquez-Naz? Why did Marquez blatantly refuse to fight Naz? Fact.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marquez-Naz? Why did Marquez blatantly refuse to fight Naz? Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    The fact that Naz ran away into the sunset and became the poster boy for every fast food chain in Europe is testimony to his lack of intrepidity. A fight with Marquez would've been a good one, i suspect the same result that befell him when fighting Barrera would be the outcome.
    Naz was the Prince who turned back into a toad the moment he got hit by a first class Mexican fighter.

Yes it would have. But Naz wanted no part of JMM, after being found out by Barrera. So he retired at the "peak" of his career, and never looked back. Obviously, in fear of having to face JMM and getting a double dose of what Barrera gave him.
    I agree it was a fantastic time to end a career. Every fighters dream is to earn MILLIONS and walk away undamaged.

Naz retired from his profession at 27 with £40 million in the bank. He got fat and ran people over in his sports cars. How can anyone view that as a failure?

Exactly! And the fact that he ran from possible showdowns with JMM should not be condemned. Hell.... it's his ass, and he can do whatever he wants with it. There's no shame in admitting he was scared to get another beating. It's like being an alcoholic.... just admit it.

When you think about it all..... it makes the whole presumption of this thread rather ridiculous.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 06-09-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fact that Naz ran away into the sunset and became the poster boy for every fast food chain in Europe is testimony to his lack of intrepidity. A fight with Marquez would've been a good one, i suspect the same result that befell him when fighting Barrera would be the outcome.
    Naz was the Prince who turned back into a toad the moment he got hit by a first class Mexican fighter.

Yes it would have. But Naz wanted no part of JMM, after being found out by Barrera. So he retired at the "peak" of his career, and never looked back. Obviously, in fear of having to face JMM and getting a double dose of what Barrera gave him.
    I agree it was a fantastic time to end a career. Every fighters dream is to earn MILLIONS and walk away undamaged.

Naz retired from his profession at 27 with £40 million in the bank. He got fat and ran people over in his sports cars. How can anyone view that as a failure?

Exactly! And the fact that he ran from possible showdowns with JMM should not be condemned. Hell.... it's his ass, and he can do whatever he wants with it. There's no shame in admitting he was scared to get another beating. It's like being an alcoholic.... just admit it.

When you think about it all..... it makes the whole presumption of this thread rather ridiculous.
    This thread is fantastic proven by the fact you keep bumping it up top.

Whoomp there it is!!!
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This thread is fantastic proven by the fact you keep bumping it up top.

Whoomp there it is!!!

He got convicted and suspended. That's good enough for me.
    But anyway.... did you find your thread?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Walked away undamaged? Tell that to his ego and his 'legacy'!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Financially not a failure, sexually i'm sure he's getting his fair share of tail, philosophically he would be a very confused man, but overall he just reminds me of Homer Simpson "give me 700 Krusty burgers" well, he also had fries with every one of them.

What actually challenged him? He obviously had talent, he could punch, he had movement, he was in good shape, yet when it came to his biggest test he failed and then ran away? This i don't get, this is why many believe he isn't a true champion of the sport. What if Robinson had run away after La Motta beat him the first time? What if Duran had run away when he lost for the first time against De Jesus or Leonard in Montreal? Hearns against Leonard or Tszyu against Phillips or Manny when he lost to Morales back in 2005? The true test of a champion comes when they finally face defeat and how they handle that defeat and what they do to overcome that horrible feeling of losing. All of those fighters i have mentioned came back after a loss and re asserted their positions at the top of their game. Naz at age 27 just took his easily earned $millions and ran away just as the going got tough! A return match with Barrera and possible victory would've cemented his boxing legacy forever more, i just think he was afraid of losing a 2nd time and that puts him in a class well below his contemporaries Barrera, Marquez, Morales etc
    Last edited by THE THIRD MAN; 06-10-2012 at 03:11 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was only 27?! Well, fuck me... Think even less of him now.

Thread Information