Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marquez-Naz? Why did Marquez blatantly refuse to fight Naz? Fact.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marquez-Naz? Why did Marquez blatantly refuse to fight Naz? Fact.

Auguie sanchez was a walking concussion with the defensive stealth of Tex Cobb. Jar jar Naz was not hard to counter himself.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fenster brings this up every couple of years. I am sure at the time JMM was avoided by Naz because he was the number 1 contender. Naz did beat and unify the division so he could legitimately say he had bigger fish to fry.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    No featherweight in history EVER saw the final bell after being knocked down by Naz. Fact.

The very fact that Marquez has suffered four knockdowns at featherweight, statistically proves that if Marquez goes down he loses. It's undeniable.
    Name a fighter of Marquez's calibre that Hamed fought? Other than MAB (we sll remember how that turned out) there's none... Stastics prove nothing re: Marquez - he's on another level to any that goblin boy ever floored.

Thats like saying a scooter has never overtaken my 1.0ltr car... So stastically a Harley couldn't either.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look i'm just stating facts. I'm not giving an opinion.

You hit the deck against Naz you get knocked out. It's a 100% irrefutable fact. Whether or not Marquez hits the deck against Naz is debatable. However, anyone that thinks he would have, has to accept he's only leaving the ring after tasting smelling salts.

You get knocked down you don't get up again, you'll never get up again. Fact.

Whoomp there it is!
    Last edited by Fenster; 03-09-2012 at 12:03 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You hit the deck against Naz you get knocked out. It's a 100% irrefutable fact. Whether or not Marquez hits the deck against Naz is debatable. However, anyone that thinks he would have, has to accept he's only leaving the ring after tasting smelling salts.

Whoomp there it is!

its true! i hear there are still all you can eat restaurants all over england that still haven't recovered from a visit from the prince.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Fenster brings this up every couple of years. I am sure at the time JMM was avoided by Naz because he was the number 1 contender. Naz did beat and unify the division so he could legitimately say he had bigger fish to fry.

Yes... I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that. It's kinda sad, really. Dredging up the same old tired argument and trying to pass it off as a fact. Me -- while I enjoyed Naz's ridiculous ring entrances and annoying way of conducting himself in the ring (in a sick, "laugh-at-you" kind of way) -- I enjoyed Barrera's thrashing of the Prince even more. There's nothing anyone can say that in my mind proves the ludicrous statement that JMM ever ducked Naz. I'm more inclined to believe it would be the other way around. And had the fight actually happened... it would've probably been Barrera-Naz Part II.

Fact.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whoomp there it is!
    Again, you can't use what Hamed did against B fighters and old men to conclude what would have happened if he'd knocked down a FUTURE P4P elite.

You're talking about a guy who got up repeatedly vs PAC and continued to a draw (some would argue win)

The Goblin would do well to put hin down even once, let alone keep him down.

Based on Marquez rising time and time against the sports p4p 1 or 2... If we're dealing with 'facts' he'd do it against a 1d hype job.

(fact)

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why are we assuming that Naz would knock JMM down in the first place?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha I'm surprised none of you saw this comin from fensters post in the "I'm so bored thread" in the "other" forum

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Why are we assuming that Naz would knock JMM down in the first place?

We're not, but Fenster thinks that IF he did he would get stopped.

Manny Pacquio couldn't and I'm sure Fenster knows he can punch 'a bit' and maybe had 'a bit' more class than Hamed

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Haha I'm surprised none of you saw this comin from fensters post in the "I'm so bored thread" in the "other" forum
    It's a boring topic though.

Lets humour Fenster and pretend Marquez did duck Hamed.

What would it prove?
    Does Hamed have a W over Marquez? No
    Did not fighting Hamed hurt Marquez's career or legacy? No
    Did Hamed ever beat a fighter as good as Marquez? No
    Did Hamed go on to have the career or prestige Marquez now has? No
    Did Hamed show he had the heart and discipline to beat a smart, hungry, young ELITE? No

There's some facts for you facster.

Discuss

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Naz would have had every chance of flooring Marquez, without a doubt. He had the power to do it, I believe he could well of sparked him.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Yes... I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that. It's kinda sad, really. Dredging up the same old tired argument and trying to pass it off as a fact. Me -- while I enjoyed Naz's ridiculous ring entrances and annoying way of conducting himself in the ring (in a sick, "laugh-at-you" kind of way) -- I enjoyed Barrera's thrashing of the Prince even more. There's nothing anyone can say that in my mind proves the ludicrous statement that JMM ever ducked Naz. I'm more inclined to believe it would be the other way around. And had the fight actually happened... it would've probably been Barrera-Naz Part II.

Fact.
    You can believe whatever you like pal. But it is a 100% bombproof FACT that Marquez turned down a career high payday to face Naz. The evidence is there for all to see.

Now i'm sorry if that upsets you but i'm just producing the info. Don't shoot the messenger.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AdamGB,

Fenster didn't even say Naz would knock him down. I just produced a statistic that shows Naz has a 100% KO record when decking opponents (at 126). This statistic strongly suggests that Naz could have KO'd Marquez had he floored him. I didn't say he would have.

I'm merely revealing what the stats say.

I don't know who would have won between Naz-Marquez. I 100% firmly believe though that Marquez would have still become a GREAT even with a spectaular one-punch KO loss, inside three rounds probably, to the Naz fella. That's all i'm saying.
    Last edited by Fenster; 03-09-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fun Fenster Facts

Hamed's last 5 stoppages have been knocked the fuck out a total of 17 times. (that ratio is only going to rise the further back you go too)

I don't recall him EVER knocking out a fighter who wasn't knocked out by somebody else at some point.

The fighters who Naseem couldn't stop have a total of 16 knockouts by other fighters.

Now I'm not saying that he had no power, but as with any British fighter who is half decent - his record and power are over hyped and over rated.

Thread Information