Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marquez-Naz? Why did Marquez blatantly refuse to fight Naz? Fact.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marquez-Naz? Why did Marquez blatantly refuse to fight Naz? Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    AdamGB,

Fenster didn't even say Naz would knock him down. I just produced a statistic that shows Naz has a 100% KO record when decking opponents (at 126). This statistic strongly suggests that Naz could have KO'd Marquez had he floored him. I didn't say he would have.

I'm merely revealing what the stats say.

I don't know who would have won between Naz-Marquez. I 100% firmly believe though that Marquez would have still become a GREAT even with a spectaular one-punch KO loss, inside three rounds probably, to the Naz fella. That's all i'm saying.
    Failster is looking at the facts in an inverted way... as I have said... instead of looking at what Naseem did against C and B level fighters and old men you should be looking at what Marquez did against YOUNG, ELITE or flat out top P4P fighters who put him down.

pac put him down 3 times - he still only got a draw
    katsidis put him down - he got TKO'd by JMM
    floyd put him down - he still had to box 12 rounds to a UD

All 3 of these fighters are either bigger, stronger, more powerful, or just LEAGUES better than Hamed... of the 3 that put JMM down... only one even managed to get a win out of it. None got a stoppage.

You WANT hamed to be better than he was, so you're looking at it backwards. Same as when people wanted Hatton to beat Floyd and Pac... so they looked at it through rose tinted glasses.

I already gave you plenty of 'stats' showing why Naseem's power was over rated, there's some facts showing what has happened when people have put JMM down.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another shut out UD to the 2nd high calibre opponent he'd faced would have hurt Hamed's career and legacy A LOT.

Just ask him why he retired after barrera schooled him and his lacklustre UD win against a B fighter after that.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Another shut out UD to the 2nd high calibre opponent he'd faced would have hurt Hamed's career and legacy A LOT.

Just ask him why he retired after barrera schooled him and his lacklustre UD win against a B fighter after that.
    I think it was more to do with 9/11 and not many people at that time being keen on a boxer making his way to the ring shouting "Allah is great"

Also I feel what happened to Paul Ingle played a bigger part in the decision than most would imagine.
    add to that the fact he was a young millionaire settled down with his newly formed family and had fallen out of love with training played a big part in things

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he wasn't an egotistical narcissist I would agree 100%

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez dodged him before the Barrera fight. Marquez wasn't a big name back in 2000. That's why I was wondering why he refused to fight.

As I keep saying - Marquez would still have been great even with a Naz KO loss on his record.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AdamGB,

Those are rubbish stats that prove nothing. The more you fight the more chance of getting KO'd. That's obvious.

All you've done is inadvertently highlight just what a truly phenomenal puncher Naz was.

Naz had 16 "world" title wins. What do these guys have in common?

Robinson
    Lawal
    Alecia
    Medina (cuts loss)
    Molina
    Johnson
    Cabrera
    Badillo
    Kevin Kelley (corner retirement)
    Ingle
    Bungu

Ready? They were all suffering their FIRST ever sparkage loss to Naz. Repeat - FIRST ever sparkage loss. None of these men, which includes "world" champions, had EVER been stopped until feeling the power of the Rocket Launchers. What happened AFTER is irrelevant.

Only Wayne McCullough, who the Incredible Hulk couldn't flatten and Soto, who had never been off his feet went the distance.

Naz fella = extraordinary sparkage ability. Fact.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heard you the third time mate.

Hamed wasn't great and a 2nd shut out loss to only the 2nd real fighter he'd faced would have been even more damaging than the Barrera spectacle.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    AdamGB what do these guys have in common?

Robinson
    Lawal
    Alecia
    Medina (cuts loss)
    Molina
    Johnson
    Cabrera
    Badillo
    Kevin Kelley (corner retirement)
    Ingle
    Bungu
    They're all B fighters with multiple knockout losses?

Don't give me that 'doesn't matter what happened after shit - just cos it suits your agenda. Buster Douglas was the first to tko tyson, is he an ATG? No? Look what happened to buster afterwards.

If buster had went on to not stink the loss would have hurt tysons legacy less. What happens aftet counts. Don't ignore the facts that don't suit you.

Hamed never stopped somebody who nobody else didn't. Stone hard fact for the facster.

If we're talking about what people have in common - the only fighter comparable to JMM on Hameds record is BARRERA. Not down, not rocked, not hurt, not even close.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For what it's worth, I always thought Naz was more of an entertainer then a fighter. His style was very unorthodox to say the least, he got by with it until he ran into a no nonsense, counter puncher, (Barrera) who exposed his glaring flaws. Naz's inability to move up to the elite level was predictable, he lacked the conventional boxing skills and heart, needed to get there.

BTW, George Foreman used to be a Naz fanboy (go figure), I believe he actually cried when Naz got his ass handed to him by MAB, true story.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes... A good showman and devestating against lower calibre opponents, that's about it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Does Hamed still resemble a waking taking real life Mr. Potato head these days?
    Minus the big nose and the pair of glasses, yes.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AdamGB,

You're using a present day Marquez, who has established his greatness, instead of the man blacklisted as a "boring" fighter who was struggling to get a title fight. One of the reasons Marquez gave for dodging Naz was - "I want to win a world title first." See.. he hadn't even won a title back then.

AS for your KO stats, you're viewing this from a far to simplistic angle

There are a multitude of factors to explain a KO loss. Not just the number of fights and the natural age process but also moving weight classes and previous damage etc.

All that matters is, those men challenged Naz for his "world" title without previously ever suffering a KO loss, yet they all received one.

Whoomp there it is!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes... A good showman and devestating against lower calibre opponents, that's about it.

The Clowning of the "Princess":

(Barrera had nothing but contempt for Hamed, lmao)

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Naz was just a showman that beat lower calibre fighters who were the LINEAL featherweight champion, the WBC champion, WBA champion and WBO champion.

Naz OWNED an entire division.

Lets all IGNORE the facts because we hate the Naz fella. Hilarious. Serioulsy hilarious. With a capital fact. Fact.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on facster, don't get upsey and take your ball home!

I hate Floyd Mayweather... Doesn't mean I thought Hatton stood a chance or that I think Pac will beat him.

Tell me, who were the three most dominant champs who's reign hamed ended?

Thread Information