Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else dislikes Adrian Broner aka Floyd Mayweather wannabe?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone else dislikes Adrian Broner aka Floyd Mayweather wannabe?

I was excited for this kid early on but as time went by and many interviews after this kid tries SO hard to be like mayweather which is kind of creepy and annoying. I was watching the vid where he choked Perez trying to copy Mayweather when he choked Ortiz. He wore the mexican trunks just like mayweather. He tries to be flamboyant and cocky like him. He imitates his fighting style .. this one is not so bad but just another example on how hard he tries. One thing about Mayweather at least he's not being fake or trying to be like anyone else. SO whats up with this creepy man crush, or am I the only one who noticed this?

Last edited by outspoken; 03-11-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone else dislikes Adrian Broner aka Floyd Mayweather wannabe?

Here he is declaring himself "Mr Hbo" aka this aka that... we all know where he got that from...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Here he is declaring himself "Mr Hbo" aka this aka that... we all know where he got that from...

If he loses his fight people will call him Mr "I just got knocked the fuq out"
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing has many fighter's past and present, that are disliked I think Broner you could add to the list
    if you gave belts for talking shit, he would be a Super Champion.
    Broner is a fine boxer he doe's not endear him self to the fan's, bit of a gob shit you could call him mind
    you this is boxing he's good doe's it really mean anything being a gob shit it's up to you weather you
    like the Guy or not,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Boxing has many fighter's past and present, that are disliked I think Broner you could add to the list
    if you gave belts for talking shit, he would be a Super Champion.
    Broner is a fine boxer he doe's not endear him self to the fan's, bit of a gob shit you could call him mind
    you this is boxing he's good doe's it really mean anything being a gob shit it's up to you weather you
    like the Guy or not,
    Honestly, nowadays if you aren't a blood and guts action fighter, you have to be some kind of "Character" to get attention. I think he mimicks Floyd in style and in 'cockiness' because he knows it will sell. People will tune in to see him get beat. Honestly boxing needs it, two gentleman, or even small trash talkers can fight for a unified title and not fill up in arena. Boxing now needs larger than life figures or personalities, so what he's doing gets his name out there and honestly that's what's going to have to happen.

The only upside to it is he seems ot have power, so in about 5 defenses casual boxing fans will be calling him "Mayweather with power" and he'll be marketed. Which is why he'll probably stay at 130 because there's no competition really to fight but there's a lot of publicity to make looking impressive if it's gonna be on HBO. Till he fights someone like JMM and by that time JMM will be gone enough that he'll have a chance. It's how they are gonna market this "brash" new star. And honestly, it's smart. Don't be surprised if you also see him in with Juanma moving up.
    Last edited by Majesty; 03-11-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this guy is a little prick, and he may try to imitate mayweather, but he is by far not maywether, this kid will get koed sooner or later and id be happy, if there is anything i hate, its people that dont know how to be themselves

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you're not the only one who can't stand him outspoken, I'd love to see him get his little hair brush shoved up his ass lol

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Total dick but its all good for boxing as it creates a passion in wanting to see him sparked out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather hardly, is he a three time woman beater. :/

Been waiting ages to say that.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner is on to a winner he keeps on mouthing, you keep on hating you watch his fight's hoping
    someone shuts his big mouth. He's playing us all is he good for boxing of course he is.!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope he goes all the way. Annoying and copying but better opposition should happen in second half of 2012.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Broner is on to a winner he keeps on mouthing, you keep on hating you watch his fight's hoping
    someone shuts his big mouth. He's playing us all is he good for boxing of course he is.!
    He's an undercard fighter at this point, I don't think anyone can say that people tune into his fights in hopes of seeing him knocked out. I'm sure that will be the case someday, but it isn't yet.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, he's quite the soggy douche. That is my overall thought out assessment of him.

Also he's no where as good as he thinks he is and HBO needs to get a grip on overly prostituting young prospects.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since he lost to Ponce De Leon and was awarded a gift, Broner has been carfefully matched with lesser competition.

2/3 of those guys were not punchers, Litzau was a credible opponent, but got caught cold and Broner got a sensational KO of him. Still, Litzau is not the pedigree of fighter as Ponce De Leon, outside of his upset win over Cabellero.

Everyone hates Broner, he's a shit head, and that is why people tune in to watch him. However, he'll keep winning as long as HBO keeps feeding him guys who pose little to no threat.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Since he lost to Ponce De Leon and was awarded a gift, Broner has been carfefully matched with lesser competition.2/3 of those guys were not punchers, Litzau was a credible opponent, but got caught cold and Broner got a sensational KO of him. Still, Litzau is not the pedigree of fighter as Ponce De Leon, outside of his upset win over Cabellero.

Everyone hates Broner, he's a shit head, and that is why people tune in to watch him. However, he'll keep winning as long as HBO keeps feeding him guys who pose little to no threat.
    Agree here. I don't know if its people tuning in to see him but people tuning in to see a HBO card. If live action is on, don't think I've ever turned a card off

Thread Information