Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arrow JMM vs. Fedchenko and Rios vs. Abril - Saturday night fight thread

Should be a great night of boxing, an HBO PPV double header, i'm not sure how many of the undercard fights they'll show, but I would think at least 1 fight from each card since it's a PPV. The Rios vs Abril card will be up first from Vegas, after that, the action on HBO will switch to JMM vs Fedchenko in Mexico City.

At Las Vegas (HBO PPV): Brandon Rios vs. Richard Abril, 12 rounds, for vacant WBA lightweight title; Mike Alvarado vs. Mauricio Herrera, 10 rounds, junior welterweights.

And:

At Mexico City (HBO PPV): Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Sergey Fedchenko, 12 rounds, for vacant WBO interim junior welterweight title; Saul Roman vs. Richard Gutierrez, 10 rounds, middleweights; Daniel Sandoval vs. Michel Rosales, 10 rounds, welterweights.

I believe Rios will stomp a mudhole in Abril's ass in that fight, and stop him within about 7 rounds or less. As for JMM vs. the Ukranian, this is a huge step up for Serhiy, in Mexico City no less in front of JMM's homies. I can't see any way Fedchenko can win this, Marquez either by KO in the late rounds, or if Serhiy runs all night by a Wide UD.

Who you bitches got?
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 04-13-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: JMM vs. Fedchenko and Rios vs. Abril on HBO PPV Saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Should be a great night of boxing, an HBO PPV double header, i'm not sure how many of the undercard fights they'll show, but I would think at least 1 fight from each card since it's a PPV. The Rios vs Abril card will be up first from Vegas, after that, the action on HBO will switch to JMM vs Fedchenko in Mexico City.

At Las Vegas (HBO PPV): Brandon Rios vs. Richard Abril, 12 rounds, for vacant WBA lightweight title; Mike Alvarado vs. Mauricio Herrera, 10 rounds, junior welterweights.

And:

At Mexico City (HBO PPV): Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Sergey Fedchenko, 12 rounds, for vacant WBO interim junior welterweight title; Saul Roman vs. Richard Gutierrez, 10 rounds, middleweights; Daniel Sandoval vs. Michel Rosales, 10 rounds, welterweights.

I believe Rios will stomp a mudhole in Abril's ass in that fight, and stop him within about 7 rounds or less. As for JMM vs. the Ukranian, this is a huge step up for Serhiy, in Mexico City no less in front of JMM's homies. I can't see any way Fedchenko can win this, Marquez either by KO in the late rounds, or if Serhiy runs all night by a Wide UD.

Who you fine gentlemen got?
    Well kind sir since you asked so cordially, I gotta go with the favorites against the unknowns. Marquez is coming off what should have been the biggest win of his career, unless he is simply umotivated and didn't train for this bout he should win it without too much difficulty. Rios is a huge fucker who starves himself down to fight little guys and is a ferocious lil bastard so he ought to stop his opponent who doesn't appear to have the fire power to discourage him.

Honestly, this card doesn't feel like a PPV. I mean this PLUS the Mayweather vs. Cotto and Pacquaio vs. Bradley PPV's, I don't think so.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Well kind sir since you asked so cordially, I gotta go with the favorites against the unknowns. Marquez is coming off what should have been the biggest win of his career, unless he is simply umotivated and didn't train for this bout he should win it without too much difficulty. Rios is a huge fucker who starves himself down to fight little guys and is a ferocious lil bastard so he ought to stop his opponent who doesn't appear to have the fire power to discourage him.

Honestly, this card doesn't feel like a PPV.
    I mean this PLUS the Mayweather vs. Cotto and Pacquaio vs. Bradley PPV's, I don't think so.
    True, this should have been shown on regular HBO WCB, maybe HBO figures this PPV will do well with the Latino/Hispanic market, who fucking knows. I just know it ain't worth $54.95 in HD.

In any event, i'll be hunting a stream Saturday night, i'm really more interested in the Rios fight then I am JMM's.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 04-10-2012 at 02:43 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm interested in the Rios/ Abril fight, Abril is unknown but he can fight! I think Rios will get to him late but I think it's gonna be a fun fight...
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it cheaper than the usual PPV price on HBO?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Is it cheaper than the usual PPV price on HBO?
    Only about 10 bucks, the usual fee for HBO HD PPV is $64.95, this one is $54.95. Thing is, this card shouldn't even be a PPV.

Like I said, i'll be hunting a stream for the fights Saturday.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM wide UD.

Rios TKO 10.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Surprised this is PPV, you guys are getting royally screwed by the corporation. No wonder boxing is killing itself. I think these fights are on Box Nation so will watch the repeat at a normal hour as I do not think they are worth staying up for. I know nothing of the challengers so got to go with the favourites. I bet Manny is rooting for an upset as he does not want to have to face JMM again!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Richard Abril being underestimated a little bit? Rios' best victory is over Miguel Acosta, as is Abril's best victory. Abril has two losses on his record, but both were close losses, and against good competition in Hank Lundy and Breides Prescott. Most people felt he beat Lundy too. He's never been knocked out and he has a vast amateur background. It's not really fair to say that he has no pop because he knocked down both Lundy and Acosta (multiple times for Acosta). He's also taller than Rios with a longer reach.

Here's an informative article on him: Richard “El Tigre” Abril returns to the ring this week

Isn't Mike Alvarado in a pretty decent match-up on the card?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Richard Abril being underestimated a little bit? Rios' best victory is over Miguel Acosta, as is Abril's best victory. Abril has two losses on his record, but both were close losses, and against good competition in Hank Lundy and Breides Prescott. Most people felt he beat Lundy too. He's never been knocked out and he has a vast amateur background. It's not really fair to say that he has no pop because he knocked down both Lundy and Acosta (multiple times for Acosta). He's also taller than Rios with a longer reach.

Here's an informative article on him: Richard �El Tigre� Abril returns to the ring this week

Yup, the undefeated Alvarado (32-0, with 23 KO's) faces Mauricio Herrera on the Rios undercard. The same Herrera who had a nice win over Ruslan Provodnikov last year.

P.S. I'd love to see Abril kick Rios' ass, but I don't see it happening.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Surprised this is PPV, you guys are getting royally screwed by the corporation. No wonder boxing is killing itself. I think these fights are on Box Nation so will watch the repeat at a normal hour as I do not think they are worth staying up for. I know nothing of the challengers so got to go with the favourites. I bet Manny is rooting for an upset as he does not want to have to face JMM again!
    That's why I hardly ever buy a PPV, the only one I may buy is Cotto vs. Floyd, May 5th, but i'm still not sure.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know for the life of me why Rios is bs'ing himself and fans to think he's at best melting down to 135 after stating he'd only do so for a meaningful fight. The only way I see him having trouble with Abril is if the cutting and another dumbass "not eating for 4 days" finally catches up in dramatic fashion and Abril ties a corner stool to his glove in addition. More likely I see Abril running out of ring room and being forced into one to many exchanges just trying to keep him off and going out like a bug on a windshield midway. Thinking we see Marquez take a wide, measured and do as he pleases 12. I hope we find a strong link for show because I wouldn't spend treee-fiddy on this ppv.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I don't know for the life of me why Rios is bs'ing himself and fans to think he's at best melting down to 135 after stating he'd only do so for a meaningful fight. The only way I see him having trouble with Abril is if the cutting and another dumbass "not eating for 4 days" finally catches up in dramatic fashion and Abril ties a corner stool to his glove in addition. More likely I see Abril running out of ring room and being forced into one to many exchanges just trying to keep him off and going out like a bug on a windshield midway. Thinking we see Marquez take a wide, measured and do as he pleases 12. I hope we find a strong link for show because I wouldn't spend treee-fiddy on this ppv.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's an informative article on him: Richard �El Tigre� Abril returns to the ring this week

I think Abril is being a little overlooked, I think Rios should stop him but I wouldn't be surprised to see an upset
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

I think Abril is being a little overlooked, I think Rios should stop him but I wouldn't be surprised to see an upset
    My thoughts are that Abril should give Rios a tougher challenge than Antillon or Murray did. I'm in the minority here, but I believe this may turn into a solid bout of fisticuffs.

Here is Fat Dan on the subject:

Can Richard Abril Pull The Upset? - ESPN Video - ESPN

Thread Information