Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much should you twist your back foot when throwing a right cross?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How much should you twist your back foot when throwing a right cross?

The most important Technique, is understanding and utilizing your Tensas Fascia Lata. Thats the thing that works the Posterior Chain. understanding the Mechanics of it, solves the problem.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How much should you twist your back foot when throwing a right cross?

You mean like sitting back with the left hips actively pulling with the Tensas Fascia Lata?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bending the back Knee, with the Heel slightly raised ready to explode and turn. Also pulling the opposite shoulder Back, so you keep the balance on the Back foot.

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks Scrap solid advice! I did noticed that i get much more turning speed with my left hook. There i don't use my heels and my legs are much more closed. I mean that the knees are really close together. I wanted to ask you where must the left leg point to at the beginning of the right hand? Must the toes of the left leg be slight turned in?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, about 1 O/clock Heel slightly lifted. I like it to turn with the back Foot, makes for a better left Hook. Not lifting restricts the movement, because the Heel is the Bio mechanical Break, everything mostly goes down the Heel. Stops the the speed of delivery of the Hook.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats a loaded question I have delt with for years in training fighters. The best answer is ..."it depends"..
    The key of course is getting the body weight behind the punch, and the turning of the foot depends on your size, weight, body structure, stance, balance, and how you return your punch back to the guard position. You are trained to turn the foot enough like a twist ..........only as far as necessary to swing the body behind the movement for maximum power, while keeping your balance. Bottom line... that depends on you, and your trainer observing and evaluating.

Thread Information