Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Amazon

Just bought an electric kettle for £35 from a well known electrical shop from the high street because we needed one and it looked good and now looked on Amazon at home and it is only £20.

Wished I waited now!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amazon

Mate, never buy anything it a Bricks and Mortar store until yuo have done an online price check. The easiest way is to just goole an item, but instead of hitting 'Search' hit 'Shopping' and it will bring up the cheapest online price.

Amazon will almost always be cheapest as they have a very sophisticated pricing robot that matches/slightly undercuts the best online price

P.S Take it back, get a refund and buy it from Amazon
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that's a shame but not to worry as you could have got one from eBay for a £5

kettle | Search Results | Boxing News

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

P.S Take it back, get a refund and buy it from Amazon
    sound advice

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you need a kettle you just get one, I agree if you look round you can save but I would need my tea fix
    I have a spare kettle thank god.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am tempted to return it but feel embarrassed and cheap but I will learn for next time.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I am tempted to return it but feel embarrassed and cheap but I will learn for next time.
    Return it be hard faced I'm cheap, never be embarrassed about money, tell them your wife caught
    you red handed fucking the kettle and she refuses to use it. See what they say about that.
    and you may get a full refund.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Return it be hard faced I'm cheap, never be embarrassed about money, tell them your wife caught
    you red handed fucking the kettle and she refuses to use it. See what they say about that.
    I would get arrested not a refund.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    I would get arrested not a refund.
    I no you could have you day in court, it would make for some interesting in your local paper.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My reputation is worth more than the £15 difference.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOCAL MAN HAS STEAMY AFFAIR WITH KITCHEN APPLIANCE. The shocking news was revealed by his angry wife who thought her husband had broke off the dangerous liaison because the kettle was just not his cup of tea anymore.

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL funny thread.... brings a whole new meaning to putting the kettle on

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sorry sir I cannot give you a refund as there appears to be some kind of lubricant around the spout and milk stains on the element. It has also suffered irreparable damage from some kind of shaking motion, it is not a frother for your cappuccino.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish I did not start this thread now. Some people have turned this into electroality or kettlephillia.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know everybody here is just super concerned with saving a buck or two, but listen. Amazon shouldn't be used for everything.

If you can, buy from local small stores. They're the people that actually need your money. The money is going towards somebody in the community, as opposed to who knows where. Amazon is one of the big reasons as to why small businesses are having trouble, along with WalMart.

I refuse to shop at WalMart, because they're dirty, immoral fat cats. They're absolutely despicable. I only shop online for certain items, like books. My brother just recently got a motorcycle. In stores, a helmet goes for between 100 to 300 bucks. He bought a good helmet for $45 online somewhere. But for the little things that don't cost a great amount, it's worth the extra money to go to a small business because it's benefiting good hardworking people in the community, as well as promoting the local economy.

Just food for thought, mates.

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish I did not start this thread now. Some people have turned this into electroality or kettlephillia.
    wait till we get on to tea bagging

Quote Originally Posted by Slim the BoxingManiac View Post
    I know everybody here is just super concerned with saving a buck or two, but listen. Amazon shouldn't be used for everything.

If you can, buy from local small stores. They're the people that actually need your money. The money is going towards somebody in the community, as opposed to who knows where. Amazon is one of the big reasons as to why small businesses are having trouble, along with WalMart.

I refuse to shop at WalMart, because they're dirty, immoral fat cats. They're absolutely despicable. I only shop online for certain items, like books. My brother just recently got a motorcycle. In stores, a helmet goes for between 100 to 300 bucks. He bought a good helmet for $45 online somewhere. But for the little things that don't cost a great amount, it's worth the extra money to go to a small business because it's benefiting good hardworking people in the community, as well as promoting the local economy.

Just food for thought, mates.
    towns and shops are dying a death and you are correct about helping out the small businesses but unfortunately for them the world is changing the sad truth is most people would rather order something online in the comfort of their own home and have it turn up tomorrow with no fuss.

the alternative here is going out in the rain walking around town not finding what your after, rude kids behind the counter, stressing and wasting a full day.

I can't remember if it was top shop or next who recently said they sell more online than they do via their thousands of retail shops

its a dying culture going out shopping here is a prime example of an experience I had not so long back with the simple task of buying a fridge, We went to curry's and comet (big electrical shops in the UK) and seen the one we liked, said we'll have this one and were told it would take a week to deliver and there would be an extra £40 or so to pay for delivery... the wife went mental and said fuck this i'll get one online... we ended up using appliances online as they deal only online, the fridge was way WAY cheaper and it was delivered the next day for FREE.

everything is evolving that is why we don't have videos, records and soon CD's we will soon just have hard drives, its progress good or bad its going to happen to shops and the small business's need to get online or be left behind wondering what happened
    Last edited by Saddo; 05-04-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Thread Information