Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Have aliens from other worlds visted the earth.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have aliens from other planets/worlds visted earth?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Have aliens from other planets/worlds visted earth?

I believe they are here, no way is this woman human.

I mean really, what human would or could tan like that. That's not normal.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post

Holy shit fuck you mean to say that's a white skinned woman when not tanned

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a add for gravy browning.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post

Yep, she's been all over the news. She got arrested, and is accused of putting her 6 year old daughter in a tanning booth. The girl showed up at school with some sun burn, and she told the teacher or nurse, I forget which, that she went tanning with mommy. The woman actually thinks that she looks good if you can believe it.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's some corny looking shit!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's possible. but not probable. There are suggestions of them, but not really sure signs of them. Either way, I don't think about it very much.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is the small problem of matter travelling at a speed fast enough for lifeforms not to die of old age whilst traversing huge distances at a speed slow enough to require the travellers to not be matter based. It seems very unlikely and is a very convenient way to distract people from the awe a world not dependent on aliens, angels or Gods should already inspire. Bah and humbug.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post

Thats Mrs Hanky Poo.

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've always been sceptical about this kind of thing but a while ago I read that two air force pilots flying over the English channel encountered some kind of silver craft. When they tried to get near it it disappeared at a speed far in excess of anything any plane on earth can do. So this wasn't some whacked-out guy making something up or somebody trying to get tourists to come to their backwater town, this was people who are eminently trustable and believable. There are endless billions of planets in our galaxy and endless billions of galaxies other than ours so it stands to reason that some other motherfuckers are out there somewhere.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I've always been sceptical about this kind of thing but a while ago I read that two air force pilots flying over the English channel encountered some kind of silver craft. When they tried to get near it it disappeared at a speed far in excess of anything any plane on earth can do. So this wasn't some whacked-out guy making something up or somebody trying to get tourists to come to their backwater town, this was people who are eminently trustable and believable. There are endless billions of planets in our galaxy and endless billions of galaxies other than ours so it stands to reason that some other motherfuckers are out there somewhere.
    If we are here in this universe, there's a good chance there are others out there.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I am of the opinion that there probably is intelligent life other than mankind in the universe. However, were "aliens" ever to find us, that would inherently mean they are MUCH more advanced than we are and I see no reason they wouldn't have already occupied Earth in such a case
    If you look at the closest genetic relative to humans (The Chimp) then humans share 99% identical DNA with chimps but humans are smarter than chimps.

Let’s invent a measure of intelligence.

Let’s say intelligence is your ability to compose poetry, symphonies, do art, math and science, Chimps can’t do any of that. Yet humans share 99% identical DNA with chimps.

Here’s what concerns me deeply.

Everything that distinguishes humans from chimps emerges from that 1% difference in DNA. It has to because that’s the difference. The Hubble telescope, Electricity, Cars, Planes, Internet, Oil all of that came from that 1% difference.

Now Imagine another life form. That’s 1% different from humans ? In the direction that humans are different from the chimps ?

That's scary shit.

Humans have 1% difference from chimps but humans are building the Hubble telescope. Go another 1%. What are human beings to aliens ? Human beings would be drooling, blithering idiots in their presence.

Stephen Hawking astrophysics would laughed at and seen as cute because toddlers in their culture do that on their refrigerator door,

So I'm like you in that if humans did meet aliens it may well be the old case of "Be careful. what you wish for" because when was the last time you stopped to have a conversation with a worm ?

Because I've got a strong feeling that's literally how aliens could well view humans.

To believe that some intelligent other species is gonna be interested in humans, enough to have a conversation, they’ll look at humans Hubble telescope and say, “isn’t that quaint… look at what they’re doing"
    "
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 10-19-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    I believe it to be unlikely.

What I find more likely is a society that existed and developed on Earth that understood things that we do not understand today, especially in architecture. Space travel is quite time consuming and inconvenient.
    Watch Star Trek, they go warp and time is irrelevant.

That’s true, and time does seem irrelevant….. but relativisticly if a spaceship warps past the speed of light, then time would stand still for them - but not the rest of the sublight universe.

So Kirk would have departed on his 5 year mission, but he would have returned to a Federation where thousands of years had passed by.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    I believe it to be unlikely.

What I find more likely is a society that existed and developed on Earth that understood things that we do not understand today, especially in architecture. Space travel is quite time consuming and inconvenient.
    Watch Star Trek, they go warp and time is irrelevant.

That’s true, and time does seem irrelevant….. but relativisticly if a spaceship warps past the speed of light, then time would stand still for them - but not the rest of the sublight universe.

So Kirk would have departed on his 5 year mission, but he would have returned to a Federation where thousands of years had passed by.
    Doyou think that is what they were trying to do when they sent Shatner up into space last week?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually think this solar system (The Milky Way) is over flowing and I mean OVER FLOWING with life. The blue circle with the dot in it is Earth

It was taken by the Voyager 1 space probe in 1990. The distance was 3.6 billion miles away.

Every person that has ever lived and died did so on that dot. Every war, species, invention all happened on that pale dot.

Guess what ? There are hundreds of billions of planets (dots) in our galaxy and there are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe, each with hundreds of billions of planets (dots)

Life on Earth is made up of 4 core things.

1) Hydrogen
    2) Oxygen
    3) Carbon
    4) Nitrogen.

Guess what ? Those four elements, along with helium, are found throughout the cosmos in abundant supply. The idea that a single dot in the vastness of the cosmos is the only planet with life is just…nonsensical. If life can evolve here using the most abundant elements in the cosmos, life can evolve elsewhere.

The search for extra terrestrial life relies on radio telescopes. Radio waves travel at the speed of light and humans have been broadcasting them for the better part of a century. So, how much distance has been covered in that 100 year period? This will help:

That blue dot in the cutaway section is around 200 light years in diameter. So basically human's have only been able to broadcast 100 light years away in any direction. The center of our galaxy is 26,000 light years away.

Needless to say, humans radio waves have not gone very far.

And if something was there to receive the message and respond, it would take 52,000 light years to get back. Feel free to wait.

And in order for humans to receive a radio wave from an alien world, humans radio telescope(s) have to be pointed directly at the spot in which a radio wave might be picked up, on the exact date and time in which that radio wave will reach earth.

Also what if that alien civilization is far more advanced than human's are and they don’t use radio waves anymore ? What if their planet has gone extinct? Or, they are more primitive than humans are and have not yet discovered radio waves ? The X factor is endless.

It's a bit premature for anyone to make claims that life does not exist anywhere else in the universe.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“Two possibilities exist...either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C Clarke

Thread Information