Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    On a side note, Peterson actaully passed the Nevada drug test because his testosterone ratio was 3.77-1. He failed the VADA test because it also tests for synthetic testosterone, which is what he
    Haha I hope this shows how utterly ridiculous the Nevada state commisions drug testing is. I can not believe more people didn't give Team Pac more hell when they were trying to avoid it with excuses like "nobody is bigger than the sport, we'll do what the commision says". Pathetic.

As an aside I think it's ridiculous that you're not allowed to supplement with synthetic testosterone to even up your natural test levels if you are low. So if Khan was up at 6 and Peterson was at 1..how fair is it that he is not allowed to even that up to within range?

It's made even more ridiculous that he would probably be allowed to supplement with things like Tribulus and ZMA to increase testosterone just because they are over the counter supplements.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

Khan is over stating his case about how heavy Peterson was for the first fight and that the fight should be a no contest and that he should have his titles back. He is trying to turn back time and make people forget that he lost the fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Khan is over stating his case about how heavy Peterson was for the first fight and that the fight should be a no contest and that he should have his titles back. He is trying to turn back time and make people forget that he lost the fight.
    I think it is going to work.

It's a banned substance, he knew it, everyone knew it, they just thought they would get away with it. Khan is doing what you would expect Khan to do, scream like a bratty girl and demand he got his status back.

Whether or not it should be banned is a different question. The fact is he knocked back loads of different supplements and pills and shakes when training. It's all chemically boosting stuff, topping up your mojo doesn't suddenly make you invincible.

I always picture Floyd hanging out with 50 Cent and the gang getting stoned. Not sure how he gets away with not getting caught smoking spliffs!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post

It's a banned substance, he knew it, everyone knew it, they just thought they would get away with it. Khan is doing what you would expect Khan to do, scream like a bratty girl and demand he got his status back.

Whether or not it should be banned is a different question. The fact is he knocked back loads of different supplements and pills and shakes when training. It's all chemically boosting stuff, topping up your mojo doesn't suddenly make you invincible.

I always picture Floyd hanging out with 50 Cent and the gang getting stoned. Not sure how he gets away with not getting caught smoking spliffs!
    I do not think Floyd smokes any substances.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post
    I'll never stick up for a cheater. Mistakes happen in life but if he has intentionally cheated then fuck him. Lives can be lost in the ring.
    You can't mistakenly take test. It's either a needle or a rub on. The rub is useless for athletes. Not enough testosterone. Soo all these excuses athletes give is total bullshit. They know wtf they are doing. Peterson thought he wouldn't get caught. End of story. Now he is getting stripped as he should.
    My knowledge of PED's is zero. If people who know more say that it's impossible that Peterson got this substance in his body by mistake then so be it. Looks as though Peterson is getting his come uppance and rightly so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather is right to make every fighter he faces take the test
    Khan was just singing floyds praises there on ringside saying he now knows why floyd insists on it,
    It is common in boxing
    Am gutted this fight isn't happening
    Think we can all agree Khans fights are always a good watch. Even though I love it when he gets beat.
    Typical English prick
    Complete prick

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Glinchdogg View Post
    Mayweather is right to make every fighter he faces take the test
    Khan was just singing floyds praises there on ringside saying he now knows why floyd insists on it,
    It is common in boxing
    Am gutted this fight isn't happening
    Think we can all agree Khans fights are always a good watch. Even though I love it when he gets beat.
    Typical English prick
    Complete prick
    Whats a typical English prick?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post

I do not think Floyd smokes any substances.
    Nope me neither. I'm joking.

It's probably heroin.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    On a side note, Peterson actaully passed the Nevada drug test because his testosterone ratio was 3.77-1. He failed the VADA test because it also tests for synthetic testosterone, which is what he
    Haha I hope this shows how utterly ridiculous the Nevada state commisions drug testing is. I can not believe more people didn't give Team Pac more hell when they were trying to avoid it with excuses like "nobody is bigger than the sport, we'll do what the commision says". Pathetic.

As an aside I think it's ridiculous that you're not allowed to supplement with synthetic testosterone to even up your natural test levels if you are low. So if Khan was up at 6 and Peterson was at 1..how fair is it that he is not allowed to even that up to within range?

It's made even more ridiculous that he would probably be allowed to supplement with things like Tribulus and ZMA to increase testosterone just because they are over the counter supplements.
    The Nevada State Athletic commission is a Government organization. It's by far the best commission in boxing imo but it's not really possible for them to capably test for synthetic testosterone which is why they have absolutely embraced outside organizations handling drug testing. It's not exactly cheap and I don't know about Nevada, but California tests onsite. That means they are using their own equipment and administrators, paid for by the state to handle fighter testing. I would imagine Nevada is the same. A government organization probably isn't going to spend millions of dollars to test for HGH (which can be done now) and synthetic testosterone. It's the same lab they are processing post office workers' samples! They test for the big 5 street drugs and than a small assortment of steroids. That's about it. No reason to bash on the NSAC, they do a great job but even they would concede (I would imagine) that this is best handled by a third party.

Shame, shame, shame on Peterson. Stupid. I was really, really looking forward to the rematch too and I am a big fan of both Petersons.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not bashing the NSAC - truth is though, that in a sport like boxing, their tests fall pathetically short.

My main gripe is how people used the NSAC to safeguard Pac when the excuses were flying thick and fast about why Floyds demands were ridiculous "rules are rules - Floyd isn't bigger than the sport blah blah".

Just pure redundant arguements proven by this Khan vs Peterson fiasco.

It costs more money for random, comprehensive drug tests but in the long-term every commisions interest should be to safeguard the fighters that bring in such a healthy income to their state, especially Nevada. They'd lose more money long term by NOT safeguarding their fighters if something goes wrong.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's the rub, you ARE permitted to supplement with testosterone, you just need to disclose it to the commission so it can be independently verified that you are low.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not bashing the NSAC - truth is though, that in a sport like boxing, their tests fall pathetically short.

My main gripe is how people used the NSAC to safeguard Pac when the excuses were flying thick and fast about why Floyds demands were ridiculous "rules are rules - Floyd isn't bigger than the sport blah blah".

Just pure redundant arguements proven by this Khan vs Peterson fiasco.

It costs more money for random, comprehensive drug tests but in the long-term every commisions interest should be to safeguard the fighters that bring in such a healthy income to their state, especially Nevada. They'd lose more money long term by NOT safeguarding their fighters if something goes wrong.
    I'm a little surprised Flyod hasn't made a bigger deal about Peterson's failed test. One would think he would be all over it. It seems like the perfect opportunity for Floyd to point out the flaws of the current drug testing. Now that I think about it, has Floyd ever stated that the Nevada testing is inadequate? Or has he tiptoed around criticizing the Nevada Commission? Do you think Floyd's reaction would have been different if Khan had failed the test?

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People that cheat in sport's find more sophisticated way's to cheat it's a war keeping one step ahead,
    of not being caught. If they can getaway with it they will we are talking about a professional sport's
    man here, he's taking the piss I'm sorry I was stupid so if you act fuck in gormless you get away with murder. Do any of you lot remember Jackanory you do it starts next week guest stories by L Peterson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Armyash I apologise for that
    Not all english are like that
    A just don't like how big headed he is or the English mentality regarding sports
    Constantly bigging themselves up and always fail
    The media don't help the case either
    Am Scottish so you know the banter
    David price looks good and will be a world champ some day
    Haye is another example he should keep his mouth shut and fight
    Only yesterday was he talking Bout jumping on boxers heads unreal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Glinchdogg View Post
    Armyash I apologise for that
    Not all english are like that
    A just don't like how big headed he is or the English mentality regarding sports
    Constantly bigging themselves up and always fail
    The media don't help the case either
    Am Scottish so you know the banter
    David price looks good and will be a world champ some day
    Haye is another example he should keep his mouth shut and fight
    Only yesterday was he talking Bout jumping on boxers heads unreal
    Your just upset because you only have Burns.

Thread Information