Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 132

Thread: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

Share/Bookmark
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    383
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    1 more than we've had in years mate

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    20,372
    Mentioned
    770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    999
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    @Rantcatrat Floyd hasn't said anything because ironically his uncle Roger said before Petersons misdemeanor was made public, that the reason Khan lost the first fight was because he wasn't using banned substances. He accused Khan of being afraid of being caught and consequently being exposed by Peterson when he didn't have the advantage of using what he called "that shit". I thought maybe Roger was a bit classier than his brother Floyd senior, now I am not so sure

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,763
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1004
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    @Rantcatrat Floyd hasn't said anything because ironically his uncle Roger said before Petersons misdemeanor was made public, that the reason Khan lost the first fight was because he wasn't using banned substances. He accused Khan of being afraid of being caught and consequently being exposed by Peterson when he didn't have the advantage of using what he called "that shit". I thought maybe Roger was a bit classier than his brother Floyd senior, now I am not so sure
    @Greenbeanz - I vaguely remembered someone in Floyd's camp saying something disparaging about Khan implying that he used ped's, which is why it is ironic that it was Peterson that was the one using the banned substance.

    Still, I would assume Floyd would use this as an opportunity to make his point about testing boxers. It's odd that he isn't.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    798
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    I'm not bashing the NSAC - truth is though, that in a sport like boxing, their tests fall pathetically short.

    My main gripe is how people used the NSAC to safeguard Pac when the excuses were flying thick and fast about why Floyds demands were ridiculous "rules are rules - Floyd isn't bigger than the sport blah blah".

    Just pure redundant arguements proven by this Khan vs Peterson fiasco.

    It costs more money for random, comprehensive drug tests but in the long-term every commisions interest should be to safeguard the fighters that bring in such a healthy income to their state, especially Nevada. They'd lose more money long term by NOT safeguarding their fighters if something goes wrong.
    Or has he tiptoed around criticizing the Nevada Commission? Do you think Floyd's reaction would have been different if Khan had failed the test?
    I doubt it's high on his priority list right now as he prepares to be locked up..and he's just come out of a fairly gruelling fight. I think boxing is the furthest thing from his mind at this point whether it was Khan who failed it or Peterson. Let's just say that I think he'd have more "motivation" to give an opinion if Khan had been caught

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,555
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1020
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

    I notice that Khan has only said that he's disappointed and was ready to win back his belts etc. Not a word of criticism towards Peterson for using Peds Why wouldn't he at least mention if not condemn Peterson, if he hadn't used them himself? It's not as though he is reserved about anything else, I just find it odd.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,939
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2677
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I notice that Khan has only said that he's disappointed and was ready to win back his belts etc. Not a word of criticism towards Peterson for using Peds Why wouldn't he at least mention if not condemn Peterson, if he hadn't used them himself? It's not as though he is reserved about anything else, I just find it odd.
    You are reading too much into it. He has called Peterson a cheat, that says it all.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,571
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    608
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Khan has been very vocal in his support for Floyd and his testing.

    It would not suprise if when Pac and then probably Freddie retire, Khan at some point in his career ends up under Mayweather promotions.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,763
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1004
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I notice that Khan has only said that he's disappointed and was ready to win back his belts etc. Not a word of criticism towards Peterson for using Peds Why wouldn't he at least mention if not condemn Peterson, if he hadn't used them himself? It's not as though he is reserved about anything else, I just find it odd.
    I've heard him be critical of Peterson. He's been vocal about more stringent testing. He also submitted to the VADA testing without any question. It's the wrong angle, to suspect Khan, when Peterson has been found doing something against the rules. 'Bad for boxing' | Sky Sports | Shows | Ringside

  9. #99
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

    I can never see Khan as a user of any illegal substances, most people just see that he spent so much time with Pac they get trained by the same trainer well floyd thinks pac's a user so khan must be too.
    IMO i would say Khan is as clean as they come, he has been through olympic style testing before and has never showed any problems with taking tests and on top of that he's never failed a test evr..

    on top of this he is a muslim, he doesnt drink, he starves minself for ramadam once a year and i remember he even admitted he was a virgin a few years back. Do you think he would just decide to Juice up and forget about all his beliefs, i dont

    he has his negatives for sure he talks to much crap and thinks he is a better fighter than he is but a drug user never ever IMO

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    798
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    Khan has been very vocal in his support for Floyd and his testing.

    It would not suprise if when Pac and then probably Freddie retire, Khan at some point in his career ends up under Mayweather promotions.
    He is definitely a Floyd fan at heart

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    818
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    874
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    &lt;br /&gt;<br />
    On a side note, Peterson actaully passed the Nevada drug test because his testosterone ratio was 3.77-1. He failed the VADA test because it also tests for synthetic testosterone, which is what he
    &lt;br /&gt;<br />
    &lt;br /&gt;<br />
    As an aside I think it's ridiculous that you're not allowed to supplement with synthetic testosterone to even up your natural test levels if you are low. So if Khan was up at 6 and Peterson was at 1..how fair is it that he is not allowed to even that up to within range.
    Sorry Alt but I totally disagree with your view that a boxer with a naturally lower level of testosterone should be allowed to supplement it.

    That's like saying Malinaggi should be allowed to do PEDS to make him hit as hard as everyone else. If Peterson has a naturally lower level of testosterone than everyone else then tough shit. Khan has a naturally weaker chin than most and that's tough shit too. Peterson knowingly took a BANNED substance and that's pretty clear cut to me, whether he was justified or not...
    Last edited by Conrad; 05-13-2012 at 02:46 PM.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,763
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1004
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    &lt;br /&gt;<br />
    On a side note, Peterson actaully passed the Nevada drug test because his testosterone ratio was 3.77-1. He failed the VADA test because it also tests for synthetic testosterone, which is what he
    &lt;br /&gt;<br />
    &lt;br /&gt;<br />
    As an aside I think it's ridiculous that you're not allowed to supplement with synthetic testosterone to even up your natural test levels if you are low. So if Khan was up at 6 and Peterson was at 1..how fair is it that he is not allowed to even that up to within range.
    Sorry Alt but I totally disagree with your view that a boxer with a naturally lower level of testosterone should be allowed to supplement it.

    That's like saying Malinaggi should be allowed to do PEDS to make him hit as hard as everyone else. If Peterson has a naturally lower level of testosterone than everyone else then tough shit. Khan has a naturally weaker chin than most and that's tough shit too. Peterson knowingly took a BANNED substance and that's pretty clear cut to me, whether he was justified or not...
    I agree with you.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    798
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    &lt;br /&gt;<br />
    On a side note, Peterson actaully passed the Nevada drug test because his testosterone ratio was 3.77-1. He failed the VADA test because it also tests for synthetic testosterone, which is what he
    &lt;br /&gt;<br />
    &lt;br /&gt;<br />
    As an aside I think it's ridiculous that you're not allowed to supplement with synthetic testosterone to even up your natural test levels if you are low. So if Khan was up at 6 and Peterson was at 1..how fair is it that he is not allowed to even that up to within range.
    Sorry Alt but I totally disagree with your view that a boxer with a naturally lower level of testosterone should be allowed to supplement it.

    That's like saying Malinaggi should be allowed to do PEDS to make him hit as hard as everyone else. If Peterson has a naturally lower level of testosterone than everyone else then tough shit. Khan has a naturally weaker chin than most and that's tough shit too. Peterson knowingly took a BANNED substance and that's pretty clear cut to me, whether he was justified or not...
    You can have an opinion about it but the FACT is that legally he IS allowed to supplement his lower testosterone levels - The only thing he did wrong was not follow the correct procedure and tell whoever needed to be told that he had to take the stuff to stay within NATURAL range. In this case, sure he should be punished.

    P.S. Your analagy of Malignagi being allowed PEDs to hit harder is bullshit we're talking about hormone levels for which there can be a number of reasons they are low. Punch power isn't due to hormones..could be a small factor but also technique, muscle fiber type..

    However, if somebody is unnaturally low in testosterone, how fair is it to say "Tough shit dude.." - Not very..and would probably be considered discriminatory if he had a condition that kept his testosterone levels lower than is commonly NATURAL. Hence, why the rules are in place that you can legally supplement as long as you keep levels natural and make the proper people aware. So your opinion is simply that..Opinion. There are already official rules in place that disagree with you.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,012
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    403
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    James Tony is another person with really low testosterone levels. I remember seeing that on discovery channel of all places.

    My question to those more knowledgeable than I, if you do have a medical condition that required testosterone shots to keep your hormone level at a normal, would you still be disqualified or a doctors order suffice to clear you to box?

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,763
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1004
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

    Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    &lt;br /&gt;<br />
    On a side note, Peterson actaully passed the Nevada drug test because his testosterone ratio was 3.77-1. He failed the VADA test because it also tests for synthetic testosterone, which is what he
    &lt;br /&gt;<br />
    &lt;br /&gt;<br />
    As an aside I think it's ridiculous that you're not allowed to supplement with synthetic testosterone to even up your natural test levels if you are low. So if Khan was up at 6 and Peterson was at 1..how fair is it that he is not allowed to even that up to within range.
    Sorry Alt but I totally disagree with your view that a boxer with a naturally lower level of testosterone should be allowed to supplement it.

    That's like saying Malinaggi should be allowed to do PEDS to make him hit as hard as everyone else. If Peterson has a naturally lower level of testosterone than everyone else then tough shit. Khan has a naturally weaker chin than most and that's tough shit too. Peterson knowingly took a BANNED substance and that's pretty clear cut to me, whether he was justified or not...
    You can have an opinion about it but the FACT is that legally he IS allowed to supplement his lower testosterone levels - The only thing he did wrong was not follow the correct procedure and tell whoever needed to be told that he had to take the stuff to stay within NATURAL range. In this case, sure he should be punished.

    P.S. Your analagy of Malignagi being allowed PEDs to hit harder is bullshit we're talking about hormone levels for which there can be a number of reasons they are low. Punch power isn't due to hormones..could be a small factor but also technique, muscle fiber type..

    However, if somebody is unnaturally low in testosterone, how fair is it to say "Tough shit dude.." - Not very..and would probably be considered discriminatory if he had a condition that kept his testosterone levels lower than is commonly NATURAL. Hence, why the rules are in place that you can legally supplement as long as you keep levels natural and make the proper people aware. So your opinion is simply that..Opinion. There are already official rules in place that disagree with you.
    First, Peterson did something wrong here. There's no two ways about it. He took supplements without telling anyone. More than that, he tooks supplements without telling his opponent and competed with his opponent. This is boxing. Anytime you do something like that, your opponent has a right to know, he's putting his life on the line every time he steps in the ring. It's unethical to not be transparent about it. It's also common decency. Moreover, it's against against the rules. Bottom line, regardless of the justification, failing to disclose, should be, and is, punishable. @Althugz , it appears you are attemping to sweep this under the rug.

    Second, to your argument with @Conrad , isn't that a slippery slope? Once we allow athletes to supplement their natural levels of testosterone, why shouldn't we allow athletes to augment anything where they have a deficiency? If a person is unnaturally low in fast twitch/slow twitch muscle fibers, and science had a invented a procedure to change muscle fiber content, should a person be permitted to do it and compete with other people? Increase the size of lungs to increase stamina? Furthermore, what does "unnaturally low" mean? To whom? It opens up a whole new ethical discussion. I understand if a disease has left you with a hormonal imbalance etc., and you take supplements to get back to your pre-disease condition. It's different if you are "unnaturally low" because that is what you were born with.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 244
    Last Post: 12-13-2011, 04:42 AM
  2. LaMont Peterson..
    By DaxxKahn in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 04:18 PM
  3. Lamont Peterson-Amir khan
    By Tam Seddon in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 01:26 AM
  4. Naz tests positive for drugs?
    By Gandalf in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-22-2006, 04:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing