Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Golovkin card

Man I know dude's avoided and all but come on he couldn't find a dude better than 19-6 with no semi recognizable name even on record...hell if that gets you a title shot maybe I should get in line for a shot, won by predictable 3rd round stoppage. The undercard fight was awesome tho hope someone else caught it, I only turned in from round 6 onward but was good

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin card

Here's the Golovkin fight. I hear this one will be replayed on EPIX before the Wlad-Thompson fight. Hopefully Sturm grows some balls and fights his damn mandatory

Is this the fight you were talking about? Baysangurov vs Soro was a good one.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep baysangurov vs soro I didn't want to butcher the name hence I didn't mention it in the first post haha

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin looks a hand full, he's got a good Armature back ground he seems to be a tough nut to crack
    I don't see any the other champion's in a hurry to face him a danger man for sure.
    Last edited by Dia bando; 05-13-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Man I know dude's avoided and all but come on he couldn't find a dude better than 19-6 with no semi recognizable name even on record...hell if that gets you a title shot maybe I should get in line for a shot, won by predictable 3rd round stoppage. The undercard fight was awesome tho hope someone else caught it, I only turned in from round 6 onward but was good
    Armin, I'm picking up what you're putting down. Golovkin tore apart a no-name Japanese fighter on Saturday, but what does that really tell us about him? Nothing we didn't already know. He's talented. He also has an incredible amateur pedigree. I want to see him in with top ten middleweight boxer. If Sturm won't fight him, Martinez is ch$sing Junior, who is fighting Lee, Geale and Pirog appear to be heading into a unification fight in August, how about Peter Quillin? He's been on HBO once and is on Showtime next month. He's a good logical choice.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Armin, I'm picking up what you're putting down. Golovkin tore apart a no-name Japanese fighter on Saturday, but what does that really tell us about him? Nothing we didn't already know. He's talented. He also has an incredible amateur pedigree. I want to see him in with top ten middleweight boxer. If Sturm won't fight him, Martinez is ch$sing Junior, who is fighting Lee, Geale and Pirog appear to be heading into a unification fight in August, how about Peter Quillin? He's been on HBO once and is on Showtime next month. He's a good logical choice.

or if ya going to fight a no namer at least make sure its a no namer that got a 30-0 record against no namers and not a 19-6 record...During the fight it was mentioned that the sturm camp was looking at alternatives due to golovkin not being enough of a draw...because sturm's other opponents have been world class and major draws... , yeah fight quillin, jacobs, rubio, or maybe one of the brits just someone we've actually heard of before...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

or if ya going to fight a no namer at least make sure its a no namer that got a 30-0 record against no namers and not a 19-6 record...During the fight it was mentioned that the sturm camp was looking at alternatives due to golovkin not being enough of a draw...because sturm's other opponents have been world class and major draws... , yeah fight quillin, jacobs, rubio, or maybe one of the brits just someone we've actually heard of before...
    The Brits, especially Macklin, would snap your hand off for the chance considering he's lost his last 2.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a soft touch every fighter in the history of the sport has taken an easy fight at some point. Golovkin did what was expected and look good in doing so.

I just watched him KO Lucian Bute with 1 shot, his points win over Dirrell in the amateurs and his stoppage win over Ouma. The guy has class no doubt about it. I think he will be the guy to end Sturms reign if it ever gets made.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you no why I like this guy, I remember him in the armatures Y tube just jogged my memories, he is tough SOB, the right age plenty of skills and that KO punch.
    Strum would be a good fight for him,but I see him KO Strum easy him and Abraham would be a fight I would like to see toe to toe stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    It was a soft touch every fighter in the history of the sport has taken an easy fight at some point. Golovkin did what was expected and look good in doing so.

I just watched him KO Lucian Bute with 1 shot, his points win over Dirrell in the amateurs and his stoppage win over Ouma. The guy has class no doubt about it. I think he will be the guy to end Sturms reign if it ever gets made.
    Has he actually had a "hard touch" yet?....

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin is one of the best former Eastern block fighters, I've seen in some time and if we were honest
    a danger man and one to be avoided. I would not like to see Macklin or Barker in with him he would spark the both of them. Not saying they would not give it a go but I feel it would be a early night for both fighters.

Thread Information