Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: Face Off - Pacquaio vs Bradley (Video)

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    48,958
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3205
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Face Off - Pacquaio vs Bradley (Video)

    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    That was awfully boring, not sure why they would even have a face off given the demeanour of both men.I'm looking forward to the fight, but nobody needs to hear anything they have to say really.
    Yes, it was boring. Too predictable.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    843
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Interesting that they actually seem a little intimidated by Bradley.

    Glad Kellerman called out Pacs lack of prime, quality opponents lately.

    Although this still did nothing to get me interested in the fight. Bradley unproven at 147 and his power/speed will diminish further at the weight because he isn't going to put on 7 extra lbs of muscle that's for sure from his last fight. He's dry to the bone at 140 so the extra weight will be non-functional water/fat.

    Pac should take this handily if he still has it together.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,763
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1050
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Face Off - Pacquaio vs Bradley (Video)

    I don't see size playing much of a role here. Bradley beat Abregu at 147. Abregu hasn't lost since. However, Bradley right now in all likelihood is best at 140, but maybe Pacquiao is too, to be fair. In any event, Pacquiao isn't a big welterweight, really more of a junior welterweight, or in between junior and welter. Power will play a role in that Bradley didn't have power at 140, how will he have power at 147? On the other hand, I believe Bradley will be able to handle Manny's power because he has handled the power of big punchers before. Kendall Holt has a monster left hook, and it literally lifts Bradley off the ground at 4:45 of the video below. Bradley's recuperation powers are second to none. Bradley's footwork and defense are highly underrated + he's a good on the inside. He's undefeated for a reason. Bradley needs to keep Pacquiao out of the middle of the ring. Fight on the inside when he can and smother when Pacquiao starts to unload on the outside. War Desert Storm!

    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 05-14-2012 at 02:26 PM.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    462
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Face Off - Pacquaio vs Bradley (Video)

    If Pacquiao lands a hook like that on Bradley he will be out cold before he hits the ground. Pacquiao has A LOT more speed and power then Holt. Pacquiao has problems with counter punchers and technical boxers like Marquez and Mayweather. We have seen Pacquiao go against aggressive come forward fighters before. I still think Bradley is not a danger to Pacquiao and he is going to go out just like Ricky Hatton did. Pacquiao by devastating KO.
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,763
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1050
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Face Off - Pacquaio vs Bradley (Video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post
    If Pacquiao lands a hook like that on Bradley he will be out cold before he hits the ground. Pacquiao has A LOT more speed and power then Holt. Pacquiao has problems with counter punchers and technical boxers like Marquez and Mayweather. We have seen Pacquiao go against aggressive come forward fighters before. I still think Bradley is not a danger to Pacquiao and he is going to go out just like Ricky Hatton did. Pacquiao by devastating KO.
    @Maravilla2012, Bradley is not just a come-forward pressure fighter though. He's a lot more technical than given credit for. Pacquiao has more speed than Holt, but I'm not sure he has more raw power than Holt, although Shane did say that Pacquiao was the hardest puncher he had faced. In any event, Bradley has shown great recuperative abilities in other instances too. Mark my words, Bradley will give a good account of himself.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,736
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    976
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Face Off - Pacquaio vs Bradley (Video)

    A guy needs more than determination, motivation, and heart to beat a guy that can take a punch, punch hard, and show that he can take a punch or two.

    The only way I can see a soft punching Tim Bradley damage Manny is if he puts a horseshoe on each hand.
    Last edited by Chino; 05-18-2012 at 02:03 AM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,763
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1050
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Face Off - Pacquaio vs Bradley (Video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    A guy needs more than determination, motivation, and heart to beat a guy that can take a punch, punch hard, and show that he can take a punch or to.

    The only way I can see a soft punching Tim Bradley damage Manny is if he puts a horseshoe on each hand.
    Well, I'm pulling with Bradley in this one. He may not have a lot of power, but he may have enough. He had the power to put Lamont Peterson on the canvas once in their fight and to put Witter down once in their fight.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,347
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1134
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Something that a prime Zab Judah couldn't do.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,794
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1153
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Face Off - Pacquaio vs Bradley (Video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    I don't see size playing much of a role here. Bradley beat Abregu at 147. Abregu hasn't lost since. However, Bradley right now in all likelihood is best at 140, but maybe Pacquiao is too, to be fair. In any event, Pacquiao isn't a big welterweight, really more of a junior welterweight, or in between junior and welter. Power will play a role in that Bradley didn't have power at 140, how will he have power at 147? On the other hand, I believe Bradley will be able to handle Manny's power because he has handled the power of big punchers before. Kendall Holt has a monster left hook, and it literally lifts Bradley off the ground at 4:45 of the video below. Bradley's recuperation powers are second to none. Bradley's footwork and defense are highly underrated + he's a good on the inside. He's undefeated for a reason. Bradley needs to keep Pacquiao out of the middle of the ring. Fight on the inside when he can and smother when Pacquiao starts to unload on the outside. War Desert Storm!

    Abregu was a pretty solid fighter, that was a good win for Bradley. Holt floored Bradley, but didn't finish him. Holt is lighting fast and talented but def not anywhere near Pacqauio's class, don't think he hits as hard either.

    Pacqauio should beat Bradley but it won't be easy.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dawson Springs, KY
    Posts
    8,430
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1187
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Face Off - Pacquaio vs Bradley (Video)

    Pac by late round KO. FACT

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,736
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    976
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Face Off - Pacquaio vs Bradley (Video)

    Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    Pac by late round KO. FACT
    I agree. He's an easy opponent. FACT.

    Pac by KO/TKO. You need more than hunger, youth, and heart to win a fight.

    Interesting how everybody in this Face Off is trying to sell this idea that Tim Bradley is such a dangerous opponent that can beat Manny.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    843
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    Pac by late round KO. FACT
    I agree. He's an easy opponent. FACT.

    Pac by KO/TKO. You need more than hunger, youth, and heart to win a fight.

    Interesting how everybody in this Face Off is trying to sell this idea that Tim Bradley is such a dangerous opponent that can beat Manny.
    My thoughts exactly - Bradley should have NOTHING for Pac...and if he does, it says more about Pac than it does the opponent.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    548
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Face Off - Pacquaio vs Bradley (Video)

    To me, bradley looks like he's trying to talk himself into confidence., he's just fronting. He has to box smart, not be a warrior, otherwise he will get knocked out.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    4,289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    919
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    On paper I don't see how bradley is to win on paper, but then I've thought that before, he always find a way I think hellmake it at least competitive

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    917
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    I believe Pac will pull it off but i still wonder how Pac will handle the infighting of Bradley. Bradley is not Hatton.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Pacquaio-Marquez HBO face off
    By Cressa121 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 07:47 PM
  2. Haye-Wlad - HBO Face Off Video
    By Fenster in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 184
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 07:09 AM
  3. Short Alexander v Bradley HBO face off
    By skel1983 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 06:07 PM
  4. Bradley to face Campbell!
    By TigerFan in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 05:09 PM
  5. KKK bloke gets hit in the face,great video
    By porkypara in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 07:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing