Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Andre Berto test positive for steriods...WTF!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People did forget that berto did come off of a serious injury to his shoulder/arm when a doc says look if u wanna fight again take this steroid to help heal your body. You will take it but prior to the injury I believe he was clean. Maybe if the fight was set at a later date he would have been clean. I'm glad mayweather started this movement in boxing to clean up the sport it just doesn't make since to me how PAC man can get knocked down by Marquez but runs thru bigger and much better opponents. All of his last fights have been catch weights and disadvantage fights love watching him but as a man he should want to take the test to prove for the sport that the best fighters are truly the best because of there hard work and dedication not because a trainer or doc is giving them something to help them not feel pain in the ring lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre Berto test positive for steriods...WTF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by titofan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hulk View Post
    if this is true then it certainly is bad news on the heels of lamont peterson being caught for using synthetic testosterone.

Boxing isn't alone in this though as mma is filled with it as well. One of my favorite fighters, overeem just got caught for testosterone levels that were through the roof !

Ortiz should go through with the fight on the condition that he is allowed one flagrant head butt with no penalty. and also that he is allowed to kiss berto a minimum of 3 times afterwards.

lmao!! I think he'd prefer a suspension for berto.
    Well...... On second thought......

:-x
    lolololol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre Berto test positive for steriods...WTF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    When Pacquiao refused Mayweather's drug tests, there were many posters who denounced Pacquiao as a cheater, without a scintilla of evidence that he used a banned substance. His refusal of drug tests alone made him a cheater. Here, we have two boxers that were actually caught with banned substances in their bodies, and those same people deny any meaningful wrongdoing and act apologist. "We should let Peterson and Berto prove their cases first before we jump to conclusions," they warn.

If Pacquiao were caught with synthetic testosterone in his system, and it came out that naturally he had lower-than-average levels of testosterone, would his situation be viewed as Peterson's? If Pacquiao tested positive for nandrolene, and denied steroid use, alleging that it must be a result of contaminated supplements, would he be accorded the same latitude as Berto?
    No, everybody has a right to a defence - Including Pacquiao if he was caught taking anything. Although to be fair, his refusal to take the tests and then to test positive would be looked at more unfavourably by the public than the people who were pushing for it and then got caught in my opinion.

An interesting thing to note as well is that Nandrolone is one of the worst peds to take if you are being tested - It has an 18 month clearance time and anyone with any limited knowledge of PED's would know this. So it always baffles me when idiots are caught with Nandrolone. Same stuff Toney and Roy Jones were caught for.

So it could very well be that Berto is clean as a whistle right now and has been for over a year..but if he took Nandrolone within the last 18 months, these tests can detect the metabolites still in his body. Very foolish.

That's why it stands to reason that Berto thought he was absolutely fine volunteering for these tests. He's probably been clean for a while but didn't bank on nandrolone having such a long clearance time.
    Galaxy says:

Berto may be clean

Quote:Sources have informed me that analysis of Berto's positive tests results for nandrosterone (a metabolic byproduct of nandrolone) revealed "ultra-trace amounts of Nandrolone in the low parts per trillion range and consistent with contamination not intent."
    In other words, the amount in his system is so minute [very little] that it is highly unlikely that he intentionally ingested nandrolone but was rather contaminated by food or a supplement.
    This is excellent news for Team Berto, essentially backing up the theory explained in my article "Andre Berto Tests Positive for The Molecule of the Month: Nandrolone."

These may be the best posts on this whole thread. It amazes me how people use the news to support their own opinions about boxers, promoters, etc. All it takes is an ounce of research, and the truth can always be found.

It is interesteing that I just chose to reply to the Peterson/Khan thread regarding steroids and gave mention to the James Toney incident... Please know that these tests are accurate but applied in different ways according to who is promoting the fight. Most people think that testing is the answer, but it is also overrun with deep pocket money grabbers.

Now as a boxing fan, could it be that GBP did not want Khan to fight Peterson again? Could it be that they did not want Ortiz to fight Berto again--choosing a 140lb fighter to take on the biggest welter in the US?

As a boxing fan, I think they made a huge mistake in both cases, because they didn't understand the grit of a Josesito Lopez (Ortiz always quits..), and they don't see the determination of Danny Garcia (Khan has tasted two types of defeat, and is coming off the loss. He's not ready to give up his 0, and it just might complete the Trifecta of high profile losses started w Manny Pacquiao.

As far as getting their chance to speak, neither Berto's nor Peterson's situation have been given the type of 'fair' coverage that a situation with Manny would get. Honestly, it was like they were made to disappear instead of using the incidents to bring light to rampant use-and possibility of error... Any major sports news coverage after the day it happened for Peterson or Berto? Front page or back page by-line?

Thread Information