Default A Close Look At David Haye vs. Dereck Chisora

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A Close Look At David Haye vs. Dereck Chisora

Just read it and you havent really put anything about how their styles will work against each other, just that Haye is better so he should win.

I totally dissagree. Haye has really done nothing at heavyweight to say if hes any good at the weight. The major proof being the pathetic falling down and non competative fight against Wlad. Haye has no defence and only throws one shot at a time, he hasnt fought anyone that would make him work at a pace as he has got crap stamina and would tire.

I sad this about Vitali v Chisora before the fight, that Gitali would tire after being made to work and he did and always would have, not because of his age but because he always has, when made to work.

In my eyes, Chisora is the more skilled. He can move his upper body to avoid being hit amd thows lots of shots that actually land and doesnt fall over. He also has a heavyweights chin.

If Haye fought Helenius of Vitali hed get knocked out and wouldnt be able to push them like Chisora did. I think even Fury would make a twat out of Haye. There is a reason Haye didnt take on any younger contenderrs at heavyweight. He wanted a safe route to a title shot. If Chisora was sen as a big puncher Haye wouldnt go anywhere near him. As it is I reckon he has made a mistake. Chisora will be in Hayes face and bustling him around when Haye will start to to slow down until he either gets stopped or more likely, to save face, retires with some injury between rounds late on. The power he has, will quickly fade as hes made to work and pressured.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously Ross? You're still banging on about him falling over?! You must be the only person in the world to think that Wlad was actually pushing Haye over

It was some lame little tactic to try to get wlad penalised for his tactic over grabbing shorter fighters and leaning his weight down on them.

Shit, but very much on purpose

I don't think Hayes problem was a lack of defence, he slipped or rode Wlad's jab (some say it's decent) an awful lot, he was just far too negative to win any rounds but the 12th

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well thats your take on it, but i remember Haye out boxing a giant called valuev and rocking him. Haye certainlty has the tools to deal with heavyweights and if you are going off an embarrasing performance against Wladamir than fair enough. If that Haye shows up Chisora does have a chance I agree, but if the Haye that I have seen in the past who is a very good boxer with explosive power then we have a very good fight on are hands with Haye-Chisora.

Chisora has proven himself, I am a fan of what he has done. But lets not get too far ahead of ourselves, Chisora has lost his last three fights and he has shown that he is beatable especially in the Fury fight and Klit fight, fair enough he did well against Vitali but he still lost the fight.

Haye would give Vitali a good fight in my opinion, thats why I hope the winner of this gets a shot at vitali.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ross is chosing to ignore the fact that Chisora could work well against Vitali because his style and the fact he is slowing make him easy to find - just not hurt.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What the fuck are you on about? I know Haye was falling over on purpose! I highlighted it because it was a feeble attempt at getting Points taken away from Wlad, rather than actually trying to earn those points by landing any punches. Also, so what he beat Valuev, Chagaev had already done it and better. Fair enough he hurt him but thats all he did. Hayes "explosive" power will mean nothing when hes blowing out his ass after the 4th because hes been pressured. He hasnt been in with any young heavyweights yet. The yougest he fought, beat him easily! In fact, who is Hayes best win to guage just how good he is? Probably Mormeck I suppose who Bell had already battered. Which Haye performance makes him stand out? Macaranelli? Who couldnt knock him out!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    What the fuck are you on about? I know Haye was falling over on purpose! I highlighted it because it was a feeble attempt at getting Points taken away from Wlad, rather than actually trying to earn those points by landing any punches. Also, so what he beat Valuev, Chagaev had already done it and better. Fair enough he hurt him but thats all he did. Hayes "explosive" power will mean nothing when hes blowing out his ass after the 4th because hes been pressured. He hasnt been in with any young heavyweights yet. The yougest he fought, beat him easily! In fact, who is Hayes best win to guage just how good he is? Probably Mormeck I suppose who Bell had already battered. Which Haye performance makes him stand out? Macaranelli? Who couldnt knock him out!
    I personally do agree with you that Haye resume isnt the best, he could have fought better people along the way, this is why I am happy that Haye has come out of "retirement" for this fight with Chisora. I think both fighters will be on form on the night and wont want to ruin their reputation this is why we are going to have a good fight. I think your digging a bit too much into Haye to be honest, we can still see a lot more from him and thats why I think this is a really good match up. Lets just see how it goes and analyse from there. But personally I am backing Haye to win on points in a close fight.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good post. I forgot about Chagaev..he definitely did a better job on Valuev than Haye.
    All of us watching thought Haye lost the Valuev fight. Far too negative.
    I'm with you on this..I think Chisora pulls it out the bag

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was very negative, but he landed (a few) punches... Valuev landed basically none. Simple really.

The point is that Chisora's pedigree is hardly better. What's his best win? He bagged a round or two against an aging Vitali, however bad you think Haye is I don't think that alone proves he trumps him.
    Last edited by AdamGB; 05-23-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Well thats your take on it, but i remember Haye out boxing a giant called valuev and rocking him. Haye certainlty has the tools to deal with heavyweights and if you are going off an embarrasing performance against Wladamir than fair enough. If that Haye shows up Chisora does have a chance I agree, but if the Haye that I have seen in the past who is a very good boxer with explosive power then we have a very good fight on are hands with Haye-Chisora.

Chisora has proven himself, I am a fan of what he has done. But lets not get too far ahead of ourselves, Chisora has lost his last three fights and he has shown that he is beatable especially in the Fury fight and Klit fight, fair enough he did well against Vitali but he still lost the fight.

Haye would give Vitali a good fight in my opinion, thats why I hope the winner of this gets a shot at vitali.
    get the heck out of here. Outboxing Valuev. He threw 13 punches a round.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post

get the heck out of here. Outboxing Valuev. He threw 13 punches a round.
    yeah and he landed a lot more of his punches in any single round than valuev did in the whole fight, whats your definition of outboxing?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing you have to give credit to Chisora for is being able to take a punch. The guy is tank.

He took licks from Vitali for 12 rounds and then later that night took a full blown hook to the face, with no gloves, while holding a bottle, by Haye.

I can't see Haye knocking Chisora out.

But then for all Chisora's ruggedness, I don't think he has knockout potential in him either.

The truth it is a battle of two losers, I think most the fight will be Chisora coming forward and pressing, with Haye retreating and hitting on the run. Haye will probably win, landing the clearer punches. But many people will be equally as convinced that Chisora won simply through being more aggressive.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just read it and you havent really put anything about how their styles will work against each other, just that Haye is better so he should win.

I totally dissagree. Haye has really done nothing at heavyweight to say if hes any good at the weight. The major proof being the pathetic falling down and non competative fight against Wlad. Haye has no defence and only throws one shot at a time, he hasnt fought anyone that would make him work at a pace as he has got crap stamina and would tire.

I sad this about Vitali v Chisora before the fight, that Gitali would tire after being made to work and he did and always would have, not because of his age but because he always has, when made to work.

In my eyes, Chisora is the more skilled. He can move his upper body to avoid being hit amd thows lots of shots that actually land and doesnt fall over. He also has a heavyweights chin.

If Haye fought Helenius of Vitali hed get knocked out and wouldnt be able to push them like Chisora did. I think even Fury would make a twat out of Haye. There is a reason Haye didnt take on any younger contenderrs at heavyweight. He wanted a safe route to a title shot. If Chisora was sen as a big puncher Haye wouldnt go anywhere near him. As it is I reckon he has made a mistake. Chisora will be in Hayes face and bustling him around when Haye will start to to slow down until he either gets stopped or more likely, to save face, retires with some injury between rounds late on. The power he has, will quickly fade as hes made to work and pressured.
    ross will haye have done "anything at heavyweight" if he beats chisora?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No!

Dont worry, it wont happen.

For Chisora to last a 12 round beat down, hed have to be fighting someone capable of fighting hard for 12 rounds. Haye hasnt and cant. Chisora pushed the biggest, strongest and most agressive fighter in the heavy division in his last fight, I think he can handle a former cruiser whith a broken toe.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No!

Dont worry, it wont happen.

For Chisora to last a 12 round beat down, hed have to be fighting someone capable of fighting hard for 12 rounds. Haye hasnt and cant. Chisora pushed the biggest, strongest and most agressive fighter in the heavy division in his last fight, I think he can handle a former cruiser whith a broken toe.
    honestly dude, the only people who think chisora has any chance of beating haye are people who know little about boxing or are letting persoanlities get in the way of their judgement

btw, what does haye have to do to have done "anything" at heavyweight?

Thread Information