86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A Close Look At David Haye vs. Dereck Chisora

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Well thats your take on it, but i remember Haye out boxing a giant called valuev and rocking him. Haye certainlty has the tools to deal with heavyweights and if you are going off an embarrasing performance against Wladamir than fair enough. If that Haye shows up Chisora does have a chance I agree, but if the Haye that I have seen in the past who is a very good boxer with explosive power then we have a very good fight on are hands with Haye-Chisora.

Chisora has proven himself, I am a fan of what he has done. But lets not get too far ahead of ourselves, Chisora has lost his last three fights and he has shown that he is beatable especially in the Fury fight and Klit fight, fair enough he did well against Vitali but he still lost the fight.

Haye would give Vitali a good fight in my opinion, thats why I hope the winner of this gets a shot at vitali.
    get the heck out of here. Outboxing Valuev. He threw 13 punches a round.
    yeah and he landed a lot more of his punches in any single round than valuev did in the whole fight, whats your definition of outboxing?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    No!

Dont worry, it wont happen.

For Chisora to last a 12 round beat down, hed have to be fighting someone capable of fighting hard for 12 rounds. Haye hasnt and cant. Chisora pushed the biggest, strongest and most agressive fighter in the heavy division in his last fight, I think he can handle a former cruiser whith a broken toe.
    honestly dude, the only people who think chisora has any chance of beating haye are people who know little about boxing or are letting persoanlities get in the way of their judgement

btw, what does haye have to do to have done "anything" at heavyweight?
    I've seen it all when eric is telling people they know nothing aboit boxing...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will say one thing - Even thinking Vitali was getting older didn't help Chisora's chances with me. I didn't think he'd see the middle of the fight. Can't write him off.

I'd be shocked if he did what Wlad couldn't do and stopped Haye though. I guess it will come down to the tactics of both guys. I just think Haye might be a little too rangey/mobile for Chisoras grit and strength to be a factor.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is a decent heavyweight with a suspect chin and a good right hand. He was never good enough to beat Wlad who has size, experience and skills to beat him. There was no shame in losing to Wlad who is simply the best but Hayes effort was awful and his lame excuse was frankly embarrassing. Chisora has a chance because he has a good chin and makes people work but he definitely lacks a punch so think Haye may nick a decision. Either way Haye will have redeemed himself from his last effort.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing you have to give credit to Chisora for is being able to take a punch. The guy is tank.

He took licks from Vitali for 12 rounds and then later that night took a full blown hook to the face, with no gloves, while holding a bottle, by Haye.

I can't see Haye knocking Chisora out.

But then for all Chisora's ruggedness, I don't think he has knockout potential in him either.

The truth it is a battle of two losers, I think most the fight will be Chisora coming forward and pressing, with Haye retreating and hitting on the run. Haye will probably win, landing the clearer punches. But many people will be equally as convinced that Chisora won simply through being more aggressive.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    The truth it is a battle of two losers, I think most the fight will be Chisora coming forward and pressing, with Haye retreating and hitting on the run. Haye will probably win, landing the clearer punches. But many people will be equally as convinced that Chisora won simply through being more aggressive.
    That's exactly what it is - a grudge match between two losers. It's fun because of the grudge and personally, I can see it going either way. I'm more convinced by Chisora at this point (focused, of course).

But the fight should mean nothing apart from a fun, grudge exhibition..nothing to get heated about. Just sit back and enjoy the fireworks. I really don't think a victory for either guy raises their stock for the future. Pure grudge.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    No!

For Chisora to last a 12 round beat down, hed have to be fighting someone capable of fighting hard for 12 rounds. Haye hasnt and cant. Chisora pushed the biggest, strongest and most agressive fighter in the heavy division in his last fight, I think he can handle a former cruiser whith a broken toe.
    honestly dude, the only people who think chisora has any chance of beating haye are people who know little about boxing or are letting persoanlities get in the way of their judgement

ha for once i see you point, its a bit of a daft thing to say that someone knows nothing about boxing as its all opinions after all

its just a bit of a farout opinion

chisora has got to the top by default

The HW schene was lacking in numbers, his best wins were against a very ordinary Sam Sexton who isnt good enough to win the british title, on the back of that he gets a shot as the number one HW on the planet, and that doesnt come off

he loses to tyson fury then to helenius and then every round to vitali, ok he was robbed against helenius and his effort was decent against vitali

yes david haye is a penis but he is also very skillful powerful and fast fighter and is everybit world class, he has deserved the fights he has got on performance and has won the fights convincingly

its like when millwall got to the FA cup final a few years back, they did what they had to to get there, beat who was put infront of them but had the luck of the draw and once there it was a walk in the park for united

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    That's exactly what it is - a grudge match between two losers. It's fun because of the grudge and personally, I can see it going either way. I'm more convinced by Chisora at this point (focused, of course).

But the fight should mean nothing apart from a fun, grudge exhibition..nothing to get heated about. Just sit back and enjoy the fireworks. I really don't think a victory for either guy raises their stock for the future. Pure grudge.
    haye was the unified cruiserweight champ and legit HW champ, the only people who would call haye a loser are those who have let hayes personality influence their opinion

Agreed chisora has lost his way to the top

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No!

ha for once i see you point, its a bit of a daft thing to say that someone knows nothing about boxing as its all opinions after all

The HW schene was lacking in numbers, his best wins were against a very ordinary Sam Sexton who isnt good enough to win the british title, on the back of that he gets a shot as the number one HW on the planet, and that doesnt come off

he loses to tyson fury then to helenius and then every round to vitali, ok he was robbed against helenius and his effort was decent against vitali

yes david haye is a penis but he is also very skillful powerful and fast fighter and is everybit world class, he has deserved the fights he has got on performance and has won the fights convincingly

its like when millwall got to the FA cup final a few years back, they did what they had to to get there, beat who was put infront of them but had the luck of the draw and once there it was a walk in the park for united
    Thats football where someone else picks which teams you play against. This is pro boxing where Haye chose who he wanted to fight and "what could Haye have done to have done something at heavy?" He could have fought Chambers, Johnson, Areola or Adameck. Rather than journeymen retired never was's that he did.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No!

Thats football where someone else picks which teams you play against. This is pro boxing where Haye chose who he wanted to fight and "what could Haye have done to have done something at heavy?" He could have fought Chambers, Johnson, Areola or Adameck. Rather than journeymen retired never was's that he did.
    crackin fighters them

really are the cream of the heavies, haye would have definately arrived if he fought one of those

p.s. didnt chisora put up a much better performance than both areola and adamek against vitali? yet he doesnt get any credit for fighting chiz?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No!

crackin fighters them

really are the cream of the heavies, haye would have definately arrived if he fought one of those

p.s. didnt chisora put up a much better performance than both areola and adamek against vitali? yet he doesnt get any credit for fighting chiz?
    Haye would have proved himself at heavy if he could get wins over Areola and Adameck like he did over Bonin and Harrison but he didnt, he didnt prove himself. All he did was prove all his doubters right when he did exactly what we all thought he would when in with Wlad, run, hide and fall over

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No!

crackin fighters them

Haye would have proved himself at heavy if he could get wins over Areola and Adameck like he did over Bonin and Harrison but he didnt, he didnt prove himself. All he did was prove all his doubters right when he did exactly what we all thought he would when in with Wlad, run, hide and fall over

hang on you avoided the question

according to you, haye still wont have done "anything" at HW if he beat chiz, he would have if he beats areola or adamek, yet chiz was 10 times better against vitali than areola and adamek was?

or, just so i understand, does he have to beat both areola and adamek?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He didnt prove himself at heavy to be any better than Ruslan Chagaev.

When Chisora beats him he is behind Tyson Fury

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He didnt prove himself at heavy to be any better than Ruslan Chagaev.

When Chisora beats him he is behind Tyson Fury

still not answered the question, thats cool tho, im happy to have shown you the way

and yep i agree, if chisora beats haye he will be behind fury

im a bit peckish still, i might have a backon barm

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I jave answered your question, I just havent put the answer you want, or rather an answer you cant comprehend because you believe Haye to be better than what he is and cannot see him losing. Imagine you are a booky and you uave never heard pf either and the only thing you have of them to create odds on the fight is both their last fights. Chisora would be the betting favoirite hands down!

Haye will not beat Chisora and it wouldnt surprise me if the fight doesnt even happen and Haye pulls out, either to go straight to Vitali or faking an injury to get to Vitali.
    Last edited by ross; 05-25-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Thread Information