Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
The fight gets stopped by the ref, Pavlik wins by TKO. Sigmon was a bit of a can but this wasn't a bad workout for Pavlik, who I thought looked to be in good shape for the fight. Now Kelly needs to get another fight or 2 against better competition before trying for a shot at a title.
Agreed Pavlik looked good, but not overly impressive. Did what he should. Good solid win against a VERY tough miserable SOB.

Also the basketball talk was annoying as well during the main event.

Pavlik vs. Bika lets get it on!!!

Sigmon was leading with his head all night, Pavlik did a good job of moving his head to avoid getting headbutted, or he would have gotten busted up. I'm surprised Jay Nady didn't warn Sigmon and/or take a point away for that shit. For the most I liked what I saw from Pavlik and he looked to be in great shape.
As for the Basketball talk all throughout the main event, what the fuck was that all about? Wasn't this a fairly big fight for FNF and isn't this show suppose to be about boxing? I give 2 fucks about Jalon Rose or the NBA, stick to boxing, I don't tune in to hear, Jalon, Teddy and Tessitore analyze fucking Pro Basketball. It's also insulting to Pavlik and Sigmon and fight fans who tuned in to watch boxing, to be doing that bullshit.

Pavlik vs. Bika would make a great next opponent, it would show if da "Ghost" is ready for the bigtime again.

cheers Hulk
Jalon seemed like a nice guy and talked sense about Pavlik and his defense, but he should have kept the focus on BOXING.

Yes Bika is a bad ass crazy free swinging bastard. Interesting he has Kevin Cunningham as his new trainer. Maybe refine him just a bit. He looked great against Dyah Davis who was a better opponent than Sigmon.

One more thing I thought it was awesome that Sigmon came out to the "Ghostbusters" song. Whenever I listen to that song I would always imagine it would be perfect to come out to against either Pavlik or Robert Guerrero.

Too bad Sigmon forgot his ghost buster vaccuum gun.

He fought more like slimer, looked like him after the match too.