Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ADAM BOOTH:Haye 3rd best HW in world! Where would you place Haye right now?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ADAM BOOTH:Haye 3rd best HW in world! Where would you place Haye right now?

I would say 4 or 5.

Balls

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ADAM BOOTH:Haye 3rd best HW in world! Where would you place Haye right now?

it doesnt really matter does it? Theres 1, 2, then the rest.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ADAM BOOTH:Haye 3rd best HW in world! Where would you place Haye right now?

He is probably right, with the right mentality, I think Haye has far more skills than any other heavyweight.

The fight against Chisora will answer a lot of questions as he should get dragged into a war. If he can stop Chisora, then no question he is 3rd.

But on that evidence, that would probably make Fury 4th!

El Kabong Guest

Still waiting on him to make good on his claim that he would "Clean up the heavyweight division"...who cares where Booth says he is in the division? It doesn't much matter, Haye said himself that he might "retire" (again) if he doesn't get a big fight vs Vitali or Wlad after this Chisora bout.

Haye is athletic and he has some natural ability, but he isn't busy enough in the ring. He might be Top 10, but hell the guy has only ever fought 2 top 10 heavyweights Valuev (who he barely beat) and Wlad who schooled him. To say he's a solid 3rd best heavyweight in the world is a bit of hyperbole....I am certain other heavyweights would have something to say about that.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he's not active enough to justify that claim.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

on the lowside of the top 10

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye hasnt done anything at heavyweight to prove he has that ranking. If we are going off their last performances then Chisora is the 3rd best heavy behind the Klitschkos. Chisora was competative and made Vitali fight. Haye was uncompetative and made a fucking pig ugly fight using gay, spastic, sissy tactics of falling over

Its a joke anyone believes that Haye is a top heavy. He fought Bonin, Barret, Ruiz, Harrison and was very lucky to get a decision against Valuev, in fact Holyfield looked better! Then that pathetic performamce against Wladamir!

Haye did well to get yo where he is using his gob alone as the opponents he fought hardly led anyone to believe he is as good as either klitschko and his performance versus one was leagues below Chisoras! In fact, had Chisora and Haye fought the other brother, Haye would have been stopped and Chisora might just have worn Wlad down

Tyson Fury beats Haye and so does Chisora. He does have crisp fast punches but not a wide variety. He has no head or upper body movement which is why he just sidesteps and skirts the ring and has no stamina when made to fight. Chisora will wear him down and stop him around the 8th round and I reckon Haye will be too much of a coward to take his beating like a man and will fake an injury between rounds

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as hayes last performance let the uk down. He is the 3rd best heavyweight..but who cares.

Fight vlad or vitali or dont bother fight again.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    As much as hayes last performance let the uk down. He is the 3rd best heavyweight..but who cares.

No....he's not. You do have to prove these things and so far Haye has only proven he can just barely squeak by so-so opposition in Valuev and Ruiz.

Haye lacks the mental strength and intestinal fortitude to be a legit heavyweight. Perhaps he shows everyone a thing or two vs Chisora but it's too little too late, his brand is that of a chicken. A shit talking wannabe gangster that folds up like a cheap lawn chair when he's met his match. Chisora is just "special"

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'd rank ali and foreman and norton and lennox and holmes and tyson and golota and bowe and douglas and holyfield and moorer and akinwande and tua and rahman and sanders and peter and jones jr ahead of him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd place him in the top 10....Top 5 is debatable. For me he isn't active enough to warrant such a high ranking.

Compare his heavyweight resume to other top heavies.

Haye: Barrett TKO5, Valuev MD12, Jawny KO9, Audley KO3, Bonin KO1

Pulev: Skelton KO4, Guinn UD8, Vidoz UD8, Rossy KO5, Walker UD12, Sprott KO9, Dimitrenko KO11

Povetkin: Ahunanya W6, Donald UD10, Byrd KO11, Chambers UD12, Estrada UD10, Chagaev UD12, Boswell KO8, Huck MD12

Adamek: Golota KO5, Estrada UD12, Arreola MD12, Grant UD12, Aguilera UD10, Chambers UD12

Helenius: Bidenko KO3, Brewster KO8, Tony KO6, Peter KO9, Liakhovich KO9, Chisora SD12

Chambers: Rossy KO7, Guinn UD10, Brock SD12, Peter MD10, Dimitrenko MD12, Rossy UD12

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    it doesnt really matter does it? Theres 1, 2, then the rest.

Truer words have never been spoken.
    (But for the record..... I don't even think that distant # 3 spot is his).
    Last edited by TitoFan; 06-20-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

No....he's not. You do have to prove these things and so far Haye has only proven he can just barely squeak by so-so opposition in Valuev and Ruiz.

Haye lacks the mental strength and intestinal fortitude to be a legit heavyweight. Perhaps he shows everyone a thing or two vs Chisora but it's too little too late, his brand is that of a chicken. A shit talking wannabe gangster that folds up like a cheap lawn chair when he's met his match. Chisora is just "special"
    Nah. I put him up there regardless. Certainly in the top 5. He performance against vlad was disgusting. Hope he gets another shot at the brothers end of this year.
    I dislike what he is but he has still got the potential.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Haye hasnt done anything at heavyweight to prove he has that ranking. If we are going off their last performances then Chisora is the 3rd best heavy behind the Klitschkos. Chisora was competative and made Vitali fight. Haye was uncompetative and made a fucking pig ugly fight using gay, spastic, sissy tactics of falling over

Its a joke anyone believes that Haye is a top heavy. He fought Bonin, Barret, Ruiz, Harrison and was very lucky to get a decision against Valuev, in fact Holyfield looked better! Then that pathetic performamce against Wladamir!

Haye did well to get yo where he is using his gob alone as the opponents he fought hardly led anyone to believe he is as good as either klitschko and his performance versus one was leagues below Chisoras! In fact, had Chisora and Haye fought the other brother, Haye would have been stopped and Chisora might just have worn Wlad down

Tyson Fury beats Haye and so does Chisora. He does have crisp fast punches but not a wide variety. He has no head or upper body movement which is why he just sidesteps and skirts the ring and has no stamina when made to fight. Chisora will wear him down and stop him around the 8th round and I reckon Haye will be too much of a coward to take his beating like a man and will fake an injury between rounds
    Yes exactly. Based on the last few fights I have to say Chisora is #3. He dominated Helenius and Haye is yet to beat anyone as good as Helenius.

I don't think Chisora will stop Haye, but I do think he will outwork Haye's pitiful tortoise like punches per round en route to a decision.

Outside of a big hail mary punch, I don't see Haye beating Chisora.

Chisora is a man possessed when he is in shape, he will put it on Haye.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Haye is clearly the most talented/skilled heavyweight other than the Klitschkos.... which is what made his no-show performance against Wlad so disappointing.

Thread Information