Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: *VIDEO* A Beautiful Mind for Boxing? (Sequel To Cuban Boxing Video)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Question *VIDEO* A Beautiful Mind for Boxing? (Sequel To Cuban Boxing Video)

This is the sequel to my piece that was posted a few days ago about Smuggled Cuban Boxing Secrets - please make sure to watch that video before watching this one...

In the movie, "A Beautiful Mind", the main character, Russell Crowe, is a schizophrenic. As a result, he sees and imagines things that aren't really happening... and I'm recommending you do the same in your boxing training!

What? I must be going crazy too! Check out my video to understand what I mean by this.

DISCLAIMER:
    I need to apologize about my foul language! In this video there is a LOT of cursing. Why? Not that it is a good excuse, but this demo was the end of a four day, ten hour a day, instructor training that I was doing for about forty to fifty UFC fighters, black belts, and gym owners from around the world - we even had a team fly in from Australia!

I don't care who you are... after sitting in the same chair for almost 40 hours, you are going to start dozing off... so I dropped some "F" bombs to keep everyone shocked and in attention This particular video was never meant to be shared on the Internet... but I got such great reviews by the fighters and instructors in attendance that I decided to post it up and share it with everyone.

I'll post up Part III in a few days. Enjoy!

Sincerely,
    Marcos Avellan
    FREE MMA VIDEO by Miami Mixed Martial Arts Coach Marcos Avellan
    1-888-FFA-GYMS

P.S. Please drop some comments!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: *VIDEO* A Beautiful Mind for Boxing? (Sequel To Cuban Boxing Video)

This is better than the first one. It goes back to creating scenarios in your mind in everything you do, shadow boxing, hitting the heavy bag, and so on. You always have to train your mind as diligently as you train your body.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you, I personally think part III is the best because it will really help those that are headcases when it comes to competition. I'll post it up in a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    This is better than the first one. It goes back to creating scenarios in your mind in everything you do, shadow boxing, hitting the heavy bag, and so on. You always have to train your mind as diligently as you train your body.
    Gray this fits in with the things you were teaching me, always thinking a step ahead and visualizing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A bit more info there but still i feel is very long winded and could be brought to a single point much sooner, we all do this when we sleep and when we watch others this isnt really a secret just how science is telling us the body works now, as i understand it a lot of development in skills occurs during sleep via this visualisation, weve disscussed this on these forums in detail a few timesits about clarity, when you see in your minds eye what you want and you know why you want it, until then your trying to visualise what someone else wants from you, thats the problem. Simple. Sorry if i sound like a dick its just life is hard n shit happens n ur not as mr miyagi as you think, so im just gunna tell it how it is, no thrills from me

Thread Information