Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystu72 View Post
    Prime Joe beats almost anyone at super middle. Maybe not a prime RJJ, but then again who could beat a prime RJJ? If Roy had retired after beating Ruiz (even though he fought at about 193 lbs for a HW fight) then he would be near the top of the all time p4p list.
    I hear u on that the problem with any sports man is there drive and love for there sport and that keeps them wanting to go on even when they know that it's time to retire if pacman wasn't fighting mayweather would have been gone

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Calzaghe gets alot of hate.

Did any one see ringside, Froch and Calzaghe over12 round's he said he would lose, he would have to
    KO him,to win, I give Froch cedit for being honest, he no's he could be out boxed by Joe, as Ko Joe
    not much chance of that. When Froch is long gone, remember we have DeGale and Groves,so the
    SM are looking a pretty strong division in this country.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Did any one see ringside, Froch and Calzaghe over12 round's he said he would lose, he would have to
    KO him,to win, I give Froch cedit for being honest, he no's he could be out boxed by Joe, as Ko Joe
    not much chance of that. When Froch is long gone, remember we have DeGale and Groves,so the
    I thought Calzaghe got a bit defensive when Nelson read an email about Froch fighting everyone and never ducking anyone.

I think Froch is very mischievous with this Calzaghe stuff now - bascially he says Joe had no chance of stopping him but would've probably nicked a points victory if he didn't KO him. He makes them level.

Calzaghe wins PTS. FRoch wins KO.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I thought Calzaghe got a bit defensive when Nelson read an email about Froch fighting everyone and never ducking anyone.

I think Froch is very mischievous with this Calzaghe stuff now - bascially he says Joe had no chance of stopping him but would've probably nicked a points victory if he didn't KO him. He makes them level.

The thing is Froch, can't deal with smart boxer's and Joe is a smart boxer, all this talk about him ko Joe that's a load of crap.What about Joe giving him a one side drubbing,just like he gave Lacy Froch
    is a good fighter. Were Joe will be in the Hall of Fame as a modern great, Froch will never achieve
    that feat.Not many fighters retire undefeated also a two weight World Champion, it's something to Bragg about.I have followed many fighters through the years, and Calzaghe is up there with the very best,It's all about levels it may upset people, but Froch is a few levels below Calzaghe, nothing I have seen or heard will change my opinion.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is Froch, can't deal with smart boxer's and Joe is a smart boxer, all this talk about him ko Joe that's a load of crap.What about Joe giving him a one side drubbing,just like he gave Lacy Froch
    is a good fighter. Were Joe will be in the Hall of Fame as a modern great, Froch will never achieve
    that feat.Not many fighters retire undefeated also a two weight World Champion, it's something to Bragg about.I have followed many fighters through the years, and Calzaghe is up there with the very best,It's all about levels it may upset people, but Froch is a few levels below Calzaghe, nothing I have seen or heard will change my opinion.
    Agreed Joe is a class above Froch, Joe would beat Andre Ward who left Froch for dust. Different level.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was giving Froch's opinion not my own. Just like nothing will change your mind that Calzaghe would beat Froch, i'm sure nothing would change his mind that he would have sparked Cazlaghe.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exclamation Re: Joe Calzaghe gets alot of hate.

Froch I will ko him, the only one he's Ko in resent time's is Bute, and let's face facts and before that
    Taylor. Carl no's he had little chance, of koing Calzaghe top level opponents don't fall down so Froch
    in reality is not the big puncher he thinks he is.
    Regardless what he thinks, he lost to Ward and a over the hill Kessler, I like Froch but in levels he's
    a Steve Collins.
    I have always been a realist,and in reality Froch is a good fighter but he can be out boxed, he has been
    in the past and he could be in the future.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Calzaghe is one of the most underrated fighters of recent decades.

People say he fought old men, but he defeated prime Kessler and had wins over prime Reid, Lacy, Bika, Mitchell, and Sheika (who was coming off a win over Glen Johnson).

For some reason, the same people who bash Calzaghe don't seem to mind that Jones and Hopkins fought a lot of clubfighters during their title runs.

Unlike Hopkins and Ward, Joe never needed to resort to illegal tactics such as deliberate headbutts. The haters say he refused to leave home, but many of his fights were not in Wales. Joe fought in Germany, Denmark, Scotland, England, and twice in the USA. During that time, Bernard Hopkins never once left the US. Joe eventually had to cross the ocean to fight him (in front of smaller crowd than there would have been in Wales).

Props to Joe Calzaghe for a great career.

Thread Information