Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Amir Khan vs Danny Garcia What A Fight Spoilers.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Amir Khan vs Danny Garcia What A Fight Spoilers.

Just watched this fight an hour ago, an amazing fight. I don't like Amir Khan but the heart he showed in the 4th round was something to behold. The 4th round has got to be one of the rounds of year, not sure where Amir Khan goes from here. He's still exciting and value for money, but can he beat any of the elite guys ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan vs Danny Garcia What A Fight Spoilers.

Maybe it's time for him to change trainers? But then you can't just change that weak chin. What next for Khan? Probably should fight the John Murrays now to rebuild his confidence and resume.

On a sidenote, if Khan had taken a few swimming lessons he would have close to an iron chin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Just watched this fight an hour ago, an amazing fight. I don't like Amir Khan but the heart he showed in the 4th round was something to behold. The 4th round has got to be one of the rounds of year, not sure where Amir Khan goes from here. He's still exciting and value for money, but can he beat any of the elite guys ?
    The guys that are beating khan are not elite fighters themselves, so if khan cant beat these guys they he has no business even talking about fighting elite fighters like mayweather

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Khan should have rematched Prescott straight away then stayed at British/Euro level for a couple of years and actually become a pro fighter. Even now he has a bit of the amateur style about him.

Where were all his learning fights?

He went for Kotelnik got the title and then started telling everyone how he is elite and should be fighting Pac and Mayweather. Once he had the title he had no choice but to fight guys he was not ready for.

Not much of a Khan fan as I feel he has had everything handed to him on a plate as a result of his performance at the olympics, not his fault I respect what he has achieved, an olympic silver medal is not given to just anyone. I just can't admire what he has done as a pro.

In a way I feel sorry for him, 25 years old and many are saying his career is over.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't stay up for this one and just caught the highlights on youtube... Khan is a great fighter with a very weak chin, always has been and always will be.

the main surprise to me is that he has gotten this far with such dodgy whiskers.

saying that well done to Danny Garcia hopefully he can move forward and reach the heights that Breidis Prescott did after his win over khan

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's not be too down on Amir. He is a two-division champion. If he a chin with the strength of his heart, he couldn't be beat. Unfortunately, a chin is one thing, either you have, or you don't. He made close to a million dollars for that fight. He's not doing too badly. As someone said, a fight with Victor Ortiz would make sense.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Let's not be too down on Amir. He is a two-division champion. If he a chin with the strength of his heart, he couldn't be beat. Unfortunately, a chin is one thing, either you have, or you don't. He made close to a million dollars for that fight. He's not doing too badly. As someone said, a fight with Victor Ortiz would make sense.
    Although you can't train your chin, you can get better at not being hit!

Khan needs to learn that exciting losses mean nothing compared to boring wins!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    are you trying to finish him?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This will be a tough one for Khan to bounce back from, I would be pretty annoyed if I was Khan, Oscar De La Hoya looked very happy for Garcia winning which was not nice to see IMO.

Khan really has a lot to think about now, I think he needs to go to 147 and see where his career can go from there...maybe Paulie @147 could be amirs way back into the weightclass. I would love to see Khan fight Brook in the UK now though, it should happen.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan showed us what we already knew - that he is really speedy, with good technique and he was putting combinations together very well in the first few rounds. He got hit with a good shot and it totally scrambled him, he was all over the place and the fight was over from that first knockdown. Can't fault his courage, but ........

He doesnt have enough power to compensate for his weak chin, so guys can almost walk through his shots, knowing that they just need to land a couple of good shots on him. Tommy Hearns didnt have the best chin, but nobody could gamble on walking through his shots to reach his chin. I think any future opponent of Khan's is going to be able to take heart from that.

Also, I couldn't help noticing that in his sparring, he was going to war with a novice amateur in the gym, and he didnt look good doing it. Why do things in the gym that you dont want to do in the fight, as you will fall into that habit when you're under pressure. Also, Khan was still PUSHING in sparring and in the fight. If you get docked points for doing that, then STOP DOING IT. His training should have been about ironing out that habit, and they clearly didnt work on it.

Kahn can't fight hurt, he shows his courage and stands toe to toe trying to gut it out. He should have been training to fight hurt, back off, hold, fiddle until your head clears.

Khan was a gifted amateur, a good technician and I'm not sure what he has added since being a pro to be honest. Where does he go from here?
    Last edited by X; 07-16-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir was brilliant for 3 1/2 rounds and made Garcia bleed with some accidental headbutts. Garcia started throwing body shots and was landing right hand throughout but that left hook was a peach of a punch which Khan should have been prepared for. After that Khan should have held and moved but easier said than done.

Khan should stay in this division and try and win back a title.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight, I gained so much respect for both fighters. Primarily Khan though, he showed his heart and I couldn't believe he just stood with both hands up take shots.
    Wasn't the smartest thing to do, but he's no quitter.

Thread Information