Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What's up with Andre Dirrell?

Is this guy done or what? He has fought once in 2 1/2 years. His last fight was 7 months ago, with nothing on the horizon from what I can see. I think we all agree that he has a ton of talent, but what's going on with him. Maybe he should fight Bute?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What's up with Andre Dirrell?

Even if people think he beat froch - his composure in the ring was not that of a fighter... I don't care how talented he his. The way his 'career' has went on has only cemented that, it all is very strange.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should of been an outright amateur boxer.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he gets paid for sparring and will not fight his friend Ward and his brother has more chance of winning a title now.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Even if people think he beat froch - his composure in the ring was not that of a fighter... I don't care how talented he his. The way his 'career' has went on has only cemented that, it all is very strange.
    I agree with this, aside from the even if bit. There is no possible way to score that fight for Froch imo, despite how negative Dirrell was.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It just blows my mind how someone in the prime of their career and with lots of fights to be made at 168 can just sit on the sidelines. Even if he doesn't want to fight Ward there is lots of fights to be made at 168.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he suffered neurological damage after the illegal punch thrown by arthur abraham during their super 6 bout. the damage forced him too withdraw from the tournament. and essentially take a hiatus from the sport.

he returned to fighting 1 year and 9 months later against darryl cunningham, a journeyman who was fighting guys with losing records and whose biggest fight was a win against antwun echols. (echols was beyond washed up having had lost 8 and drawn 3 times with only 1 win in his previous 12 fights)

my guess is that he's lost the taste for the fight game after being brutally KO'd by abraham. if you saw the fight you know direll was fucked up after the fight, he had no idea what happened to him and was crying and deeply traumatized. paired with the neurological damage he suffered, it may have helped him to realize there are more important things to him than the sport of boxing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know wether to or

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Still off sucking and stinkin out the place I'd imagine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    he suffered neurological damage after the illegal punch thrown by arthur abraham during their super 6 bout. the damage forced him too withdraw from the tournament. and essentially take a hiatus from the sport.

he returned to fighting 1 year and 9 months later against darryl cunningham, a journeyman who was fighting guys with losing records and whose biggest fight was a win against antwun echols. (echols was beyond washed up having had lost 8 and drawn 3 times with only 1 win in his previous 12 fights)

my guess is that he's lost the taste for the fight game after being brutally KO'd by abraham. if you saw the fight you know direll was fucked up after the fight, he had no idea what happened to him and was crying and deeply traumatized. paired with the neurological damage he suffered, it may have helped him to realize there are more important things to him than the sport of boxing.
    that is a load of horseshit.

he looked good against the journeyman. He destroyed him.

He said afterwards he felt great.

He is just sitting on his ass because he is waiting for a big fight. He suffers from new school disease where fighters that have made big paydays don't want to fight unless there is another big payday. He did his comeback fight and he has been sitting because no big fight has materialized.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If that is true then I am truly sorry for him because that blow was illegal. I thought he had been sparring and caused the black eye to Groves before he fought Degale or was that Eubanks?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If that is true then I am truly sorry for him because that blow was illegal. I thought he had been sparring and caused the black eye to Groves before he fought Degale or was that Eubanks?
    It was before Degale. No, Ruthless is a bit off, I believe. As far as I know, he is 100% recovered from the Abraham punch, whether he suffered any true damage from that is a question we will never know the answer to. The only way he can do a lot to dispel any doubt that he didn't exaggerate the injury to avoid a fight with Ward is if he faces Ward.

In the past year or so, he turned down a fight with Bute in Montreal, only to criticize Bute after Bute went to Nottingham to face Froch. Recently, he turned down a fight with Adonis Stevenson because of a "lack of preparation time," even though it made him a mandatory for a Froch fight. He also left the management of Al Haymon. His brother was in a motorcycle accident that derailed both his career and his Andres's. Although he is now in Vegas training with the Mayweathers, he has no foreseeable fight and his career looks in limbo.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It was before Degale. No, Ruthless is a bit off, I believe. As far as I know, he is 100% recovered from the Abraham punch, whether he suffered any true damage from that is a question we will never know the answer to. The only way he can do a lot to dispel any doubt that he didn't exaggerate the injury to avoid a fight with Ward is if he faces Ward.

In the past year or so, he turned down a fight with Bute in Montreal, only to criticize Bute after Bute went to Nottingham to face Froch. Recently, he turned down a fight with Adonis Stevenson because of a "lack of preparation time," even though it made him a mandatory for a Froch fight. He also left the management of Al Haymon. His brother was in a motorcycle accident that derailed both his career and his Andres's. Although he is now in Vegas training with the Mayweathers, he has no foreseeable fight and his career looks in limbo.
    It seems he has a lot of out of boxing problems like managers and politics to deal with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This guy was offered a fight with bute and Adonis Stevenson and a world title and eliminator respectively and he bummed out!!!

Thread Information