Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: U gotta watch this! Lamon Brewster vs Sergei Liakhovich.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default U gotta watch this! Lamon Brewster vs Sergei Liakhovich.

Best HW fight of the last decade. Trust me. Its worth setting aside half an hour for. Insane fight once it get's going around 4/5....probably ruined both men! Massive respect to both fighter's....Great title fight.

Brewster made three successful defenses of his WBO title before being pitted against Sergei Liekhovich. This was not a fight surrounded with a lot of buzz or huge expectations. As such, this action-packed slugfest exceeded any and all expectations, much to the delight of boxing fans. This crowd-pleasing encounter was a great display of heart and guts from both fighters. Liakhovich demonstrated the superior skills, but what Brewster lacked in skills he made up for through sheer determination. The two warriors bludgeoned each other in a give and take battle. Liakhovich was forced to take a knee in round seven after Brewster unleashed a vicious barrage. Despite being down, Liakhovich battled back and appeared to have better stamina down the stretch. His superior skills and conditioning were enough to win in the eyes of the judges as Liakhovich was awarded a twelve round unanimous decision with the final cards reading.

Watch also Lamon Brewster TKO9 Luan Krasniqi.
    Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 07-20-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: U gotta watch this! Lamon Brewster vs Sergei Liakhovich.

Heard about this fight but never seen it. Wow!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That the one where Brewster was blind in one eye after round one? They should have fought a rematch to see if a two eyed Brewster fairs better.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthepen View Post
    That the one where Brewster was blind in one eye after round one? They should have fought a rematch to see if a two eyed Brewster fairs better.
    He never really recovered from that fight and eye injury.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

brewster was a very exciting heavyweight champion. It was a shame his career went the way it did, but when you sign with Don King be prepared to fight once a year. If he was around nowadays Golden Boy would have snagged him up and he'd have fought on HBO every few months win lose or draw probably.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    brewster was a very exciting heavyweight champion. It was a shame his career went the way it did, but when you sign with Don King be prepared to fight once a year. If he was around nowadays Golden Boy would have snagged him up and he'd have fought on HBO every few months win lose or draw probably.

Along with byrd and brock probably the best american HW of the klitscho era (certainly for the earlier parts of it anyway) chambers, thompson, kingpin johnson, seth mitchell etc are the better ones of more recent years. Brewster is so underrated it's insane! How he ever lost to shufford etc il never know!! I think that at his best, he was a bit of a dreadnought for anybody to deal with. Not great, but had some decent attributes. Mercer v brewster is a fight i would have happily payed for....
    Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 07-23-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the vids. Man that last fight was some bullshit - That match was over at the end of round 8..I can't believe that ref counted to 10 and then waited for what seemed like an eternity for krasniqi to get up. Total farce. I'm not surprised certain fighters won't travel to these places with the deck stacked against them like that. Great fights though. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by THE PHILOSOPHER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

Along with byrd and brock probably the best american HW of the klitscho era (certainly for the earlier parts of it anyway) chambers, thompson, kingpin johnson, seth mitchell etc are the better ones of more recent years. Brewster is so underrated it's insane! How he ever lost to shufford etc il never know!! I think that at his best, he was a bit of a dreadnought for anybody to deal with. Not great, but had some decent attributes. Mercer v brewster is a fight i would have happily payed for....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the vids. Man that last fight was some bullshit - That match was over at the end of round 8..I can't believe that ref counted to 10 and then waited for what seemed like an eternity for krasniqi to get up. Total farce. I'm not surprised certain fighters won't travel to these places with the deck stacked against them like that. Great fights though. Cheers
    Bad decision making happens everywere in boxing see golota vs ruiz in new york or foreman v schultz in vegas!

Outrageous decisions...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would of liked to see Golota against a Klitschko.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    Golota vs Liakhovich would have been closer. Vitali would have had Golota out early, Wlad would have bossed him around and stopped him in the middle rounds....would have been fun to watch though. Golota needed time to warm up and if he got popped early he never recovered.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE PHILOSOPHER View Post
    Bad decision making happens everywere in boxing see golota vs ruiz in new york or foreman v schultz in vegas!

Outrageous decisions...
    Outrageous decisions definitely happen everywhere..But that type of referee bias does not happen very often for big fights in the U.S and very rarely in Vegas or New York which is why I think all big fights should happen there. The last time I remember a ref having a woeful night in the U.S was Abner Mares vs Agbeko - That just seemed like a bizarre off night. You don't get things like B.S Calzaghe/Manfredo type stoppages or when Danny Williams had the home fighter in Germany on wobbly legs and the round ended a minute early!

The only way around it if you want the event held overseas is to bring the neutral world class refs over..Otherwise, as a boxer I would refuse to travel unless it was to the U.S.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But that type of referee bias does not happen very often for big fights in the U.S and very rarely in Vegas or New York which is why I think all big fights should happen there.
    IT HAPPEN'S OFTEN IN THE US....

Mark Johnson vs. Rafael Marquez I

Sergio Martinez vs. Kermit Cintron

Yuri Foreman vs. Miguel Cotto

Humberto Soto vs. Francisco Lorenzo

Rocky Juarez vs. Zahir Raheem

Emanuel Augustus vs. Courtney Burton

10: Worst refereed boxing matches in last 10 years | RingTV

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    If Golota had his head together he could have been a GREAT fighter. But we're speaking about reality, and although he had the skills I doubt he beats either klitschko. He did bust bowe up twice though.

On a side note: Tim Witherspoon said Golota is the hardest puncher he has ever fought!
    Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 07-26-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't have to watch it, since I was there.

I took my son to see his first live fight, and it was a good fight to take him to. We were on our feet for most of the fight. He loved it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Don't have to watch it, since I was there.

I took my son to see his first live fight, and it was a good fight to take him to. We were on our feet for most of the fight. He loved it.
    U lucky.....

Thread Information