Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Has Anyone Seen Any Of Josesito Lopez Decision Losses ?

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Has Anyone Seen Any Of Josesito Lopez Decision Losses ?

Did he actually lose any of these fights ? i just looked at his record, and 3 of his decision losses apart from his 3rd pro fight, were all Split Decision's and Majority Decision's. For people who follow Lopez, i'd be interested to hear if he actually lost any of these fights legitmately in your opinion.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Has Anyone Seen Any Of Josesito Lopez Decision Losses ?

He def. lost to Vargas as Lopez was content trying to counter but not being successful at it. He let Vargas dictate the fight and control the pace. I was actually shocked to see him lose in that fashio as that's not like him... I had picked Lopez to win and he had a really disappointing performance.

Also the Santana fight he also lost... He did drop Santana but did not finish him. Santana won more rounds and closed out stronger in the latter part of the fight.

The Ferguson fight was close, Lopez was busier and threw more. While Wes landed the cleaner shots and looked flashier. I scored it for Lopez by 2 points.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    He def. lost to Vargas as Lopez was content trying to counter but not being successful at it. He let Vargas dictate the fight and control the pace. I was actually shocked to see him lose in that fashio as that's not like him... I had picked Lopez to win and he had a really disappointing performance.

Also the Santana fight he also lost... He did drop Santana but did not finish him. Santana won more rounds and closed out stronger in the latter part of the fight.

The Ferguson fight was close, Lopez was busier and threw more. While Wes landed the cleaner shots and looked flashier. I scored it for Lopez by 2 points.
    Thanks for your input been behind on my boxing been busy, so im trying to catch up on all the lastest, really liked what i see of Lopez not sure i fancy him over Canelo though.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He definitely should have beaten Vargas...I thought he did but I'm biased towards Lopez, and lost my stream for the last two rounds. But when I have seen him in the past he was a much more aggressive fighter.
    I think that the Ferguson fight was his first fight after his original trainer died.
    I don't think it is smart for him to take the Alvarez fight, though the money will be good and I guess he'll still be WW champion afterwards. I think Alvarez is too big. Bradley would be a better fight for him, good money and I think he would beat Bradley.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also the San
    Agree with that. It was frustrating watching that fight because you got the feeling that if Lopez stepped it up, Vargas was there for the taking. Vargas has a really unpleasant pitty-pat style. I think good pressure like Looez showed against Ortiz would have done the trick against Vargas. Vargas punch variety is really bad. He seems to only have 1 gear. Lopez would have been dissapointed with that, no doubt

Thread Information