I play squash 3-4 times a week. Have done for several years. I couldn't tell you who the current world champion is mind, nor have I ever watched it on tv, and for any squash question that ever may come up in a quiz my answer will always be either 'Jahangir Khan' or 'Jansher Khan' - because thats what they used to do on Question of Sport in the 80s.

Anyway I have often wondered why it is snubbed at the olympics and not allowed in . It has to be one of the most physically demanding ball games around. You hear arguments like its not very tv friendly for excitement, viewers have trouble seeing the ball etc.. ? But can anyone tell me Sailing is fun to watch, pistol shooting , dressage ?? Seems like squash gets hard done by to me. And as for not being able to see the ball, well I have never to this day seen the puck go in the goal watching ice hockey on TV - the organsist is the guy who lets me know it's 'in there !'

I could keep listing sports liek handball, water polo etc.. that are in but won't - personally I have a problem with any event that leaves it in the hands of the judges (though respect the gymnasts, divers etc as true dedicated sportsmen) but little can be done about that.

Anyway i've gone on as all I wanted to do was post a link to this article thats on the BBC today saying more or less the same thing.

Thoughts ? Hello ?

BBC Sport - Olympics Synchronised swimming: Sport or Strictly Sub-Aqua?