Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Marco Huck

How on earth can Marco Huck go from 200lb cruiserweight champion in October 2011 and fight a heavyweight 5 months later at 230lb in February 2012 and 2 months later go back 200lb to defend his WBO title when it killed Roy Jones!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marco Huck

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    How on earth can Marco Huck go from 200lb cruiserweight champion in October 2011 and fight a heavyweight 5 months later at 230lb in February 2012 and 2 months later go back 200lb to defend his WBO title when it killed Roy Jones!
    When did he weigh 230lbs Boxrec had him weighing 210 for that fight, and he definitely didn't look 230 the night of the fight, so not really sure what you're talking about

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    When did he weigh 230lbs Boxrec had him weighing 210 for that fight, and he definitely didn't look 230 the night of the fight, so not really sure what you're talking about
    You are right it was 210lb, but it is still an incredible feat. The fights were very hard as well and he is still going. He is a tough man to do that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are right it was 210lb, but it is still an incredible feat. The fights were very hard as well and he is still going. He is a tough man to do that.
    Oh huck is tough as nails I mean the dude almost had no amatuer career and was boxing world champs in his 20th fight or so

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was Povetkin who was at nearly 230lb, so Huck did extremely well.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was Povetkin who was at nearly 230lb, so Huck did extremely well.
    Yeah, I thought Huck won that fight, he had Povetkin just about out on his feet a few times.
    I hope we see more of Huck, he's entertaining fighter.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Jones cutting the weight may be a little overplayed in hindsight, but even still; Huck didn't really change his muscle mass the same way in moving up and down. Roy skipping over cruiserweight obviously makes his feat a hell of a lot more difficult, and as crap as Ruiz was to watch, he was actually a much better Heavyweight than Povetkin. Marco Huck is tough but that's about all he is, the guy is terrible to watch and the level he and Povetkin fought at wasn't worthy of a FNF main event had it taken place in any other division, imo.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I think Jones cutting the weight may be a little overplayed in hindsight, but even still; Huck didn't really change his muscle mass the same way in moving up and down. Roy skipping over cruiserweight obviously makes his feat a hell of a lot more difficult, and as crap as Ruiz was to watch, he was actually a much better Heavyweight than Povetkin. Marco Huck is tough but that's about all he is, the guy is terrible to watch and the level he and Povetkin fought at wasn't worthy of a FNF main event had it taken place in any other division, imo.
    How so p4p?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I lose 10 pounds when I go for a Doctor Who!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    How so p4p?

I didn't mean to imply it didn't take a toll on him, more that it didn't as much as the punishment he took in itself. He hadn't looked the same force in a couple of fights before moving up to heavyweight(although he probably did against Woods right prior to), and I think he didn't expect the kind of fight Tarver had in him at that point. Moreso, in the rematch, right up until the KO he looked to be in much better form than he did for the entire first fight to me. Granted it's tough to say, but I think his physical decline was less abrupt than people make out, that's all. The point has been made to death here, but he relied so much on his reflexes and probably never had a great chin, I think he just couldn't adapt mentally once he was hittable.

Thread Information