Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch opponent announced: Yusef Mack

Realisticly only Groves is viable on that list as Cleverly has beaten Bellew and Groves has beaten De Gale. None interest me though.

Pavlik would make an entertaining fight. Even Hopkins said he could feel his power and Pavlik has a good chin.

Bellew has to hope like fuck he doesnt get caught early by Miranda or he can kiss his career goodbye.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

None of them are currently realistic, just like Cleverly isn't.

Yeah Pavlik would be much bigger for Froch let alone Kessler/Bute (considering it's in Canada)/Martinez etc
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Cleverly isn't even close to being a big money option for Froch. He's been defending his "world" title on James DeGale undercards. The Bellew fight was put in Liverpool. His headline bill in Wales was in front of a couple/few thousand.

Groves/Degale/Macklin/Bellew - those Brits would be bigger fights around that weight let alone the worldwide mob.

that might well be the case but the point is that thats the reason the fight wouldnt happen and not coz calzaghe wouldnt fight him

i agree pavlik would be a big fight

Im willing to start a very draft top 10 money fights for froch (in no particular order)

Pavlik
    Kessler
    Bute
    Groves
    Degale
    Maklin
    Bellew
    Clevely
    Ward
    Andy Lee

Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

keeping it realistic-ish
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dunno if the ward fight could draw tbh

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No it wouldnt.

The only way it would fill an arena is if they held it in England after Froch beats Mack and Bute again.

Then he goes for Ward to try and avenge the loss and goes for broke from the first bell and makes it very uncomfortable for Ward.

Then win or lose go for Kessler. The reason id say go for Ward first is another Kessler fight will be a war and Kessler can fight and hit hard, whereas Ward wont hurt Froch.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember Ward wanted to fight Bute though and I think if Froch beats Bute again that would no doubt merit him another shot at Ward.

I know what your saying Ross, but I think he should have the war with Kessler because if he fought Ward straight after Bute again he could lose and where would that leave him?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I remember Ward wanted to fight Bute though and I think if Froch beats Bute again that would no doubt merit him another shot at Ward.

I know what your saying Ross, but I think he should have the war with Kessler because if he fought Ward straight after Bute again he could lose and where would that leave him?
    We would all still want to see a rematch with Kessler and if Kessler has a title at that point he will want a high profile opponent he can beat. Depending on Froch might lose to Ward. Froch goes balls out and bosses the whole fight and Ward lands the ocasional right hand lead while lurching in to hold and is gifted a home town decision that we can all see is bullshit.

I dont believe Ward is that good. You dont hold on for dear life in the final 2 rou ds against Bika if you are the best in the division. Bika was beating him up in those last 2 rounds!

People have given Ward too much respect and tried boxing with him, whereas they should be tearing in to him like Bika did from the first bell.

Froch said he approached the Bute fight differently amd he needed to. He knew he was loading up on punches and that was slowing him down, he started fast and just let the shots go without loading up on them and if he repeated that against Ward he would make Ward feel very uncomfortable like he was against Bika. Now Froch knows he can start fast, he will want to give it another shot against Ward but unfortunately I think his schedule will catch up with him when and if he does finally rematch him. He will have gone through Bute who some thought was better than Ward and was undefeated and Kessler who will gibe him another war, with another Bute fight and a Mack fit to fill time. Whereas Ward will have brought the reluctant and weight drained Dawson down for a dull fight and then I bet he goes for Magee.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good for Froch, not bad for a guy I never thought would amount to ANYTHING on the world stage. I say Mack wins 1-2 rounds maximum. No way in hell do I think Mack will do well until his chin lets him down nor do I think in a million years will he be ahead at the time of the stoppage. Mack is a decent fighter who fights with that Philadelphia style, always engaging at close range but he has absolutely zero stamina to win a world title. That's awful too because his (I think former) trainer John Tandy was a great guy and very high on him. Mack must be approaching 30 and has not improved (at least in my eyes) since he was kissed goodnight by Alejandro Berrio. It's been the same story in ever loss of his since that fight. His excuse for that fight was he was having a problem making 168 and that sapped his stamina. That was 6 years ago!! At least! His most high profile victory since then was over Chris Henry on the FNF opener years ago and even then he was on crazy legs for the last part of the bout and barely got a win out of it. Froch is a late starter and his best attribute is his ability to overwhelm and wear other boxers down. No chance for Mack imo. I think Froch starts the domination in round 2.

This is the first time I've picked Froch to win a fight since he beat that helpless Polish guy all those years ago. That might not be true, but I feel like it is. Froch is like the 2012 Oakland A's, he's very good and it doesn't have to make sense, it's just true.

Thread Information