Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Team Ward dare Joe Calzaghe to come out of retirement

http://www.boxingscene.com/team-ward-joe-calzaghe-unretire-finalize-fight--56893

I doubt JC would do it though, but this would be a big money fight and I'd imagine Calzaghe could get a lot for fighting Ward. I don't see it happening though, JC would lose his 0.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jc wont take the risk. I am sure alot of jc fans will be on soon to defend his avoidance of fights that should have been but it never happened.

Jc, his dad and his camp are happy to stay indefeated and live in the bubble of invincibility..cleverly will be joining him soon as i heard he will be fighting dawson or hopkins in 2018!

Yes calzaghe is a great boxer but him coming out of retirement (whether he wins or not) will get the ultimate stamp of approval.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fight ward in his hometown and then retire..jc has amazing stamina and great boxing skills, after old boy hopkins retired him he needs to redeem himself once and for all.

Frank warren got tired of all the fake injuries he used to have..no more excuses.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Team Ward dare Joe Calzaghe to come out of retirement

Lol;d

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see why Ward, needs Calzaghe because Ward can't draw FLY'S.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol

I knew you would pop up quickly!
    Its true, ward doesnt draw the crowds but he gets the job done.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Fight ward in his hometown and then retire..jc has amazing stamina and great boxing skills, after old boy hopkins retired him he needs to redeem himself once and for all.

Frank warren got tired of all the fake injuries he used to have..no more excuses.
    Hopkins wasnt Calzaghe last fight Hopkins went on to beat Pavlik and Pascal. Jones was Calzaghes last fight, just a fuck around really, although Jones did go on to beat Lacy and Sheika which means fuck all.

Calzaghe has been retired for years! The is an interview with Bunce on youtube from this year where Calzaghe says he had a scan on his left hand in 2007 and then another in 2008 and the doctor noticed it had deteriorated and if he didnt give up soon his hand would be ruined.

I dont thonk Calzaghe would be interested unless it was mega money but is Ward enough of a draw for anyone to be willing to offer good money? We know Calzaghe can sell tickets, he got over 50,000 fans in for the Kessler fight. Ward cant sell out in his own home town so Joe would be the draw but they are just talking out there asses. They think beating a weight drained fighter that Pascal beat makes them something special.

There is absolutely no way that Calzaghe would consider trying to make super middle now, it would have to be at light heavy but then there would be no titles at steak, so Ward would need to move up andtheres no guarantee hed beat anyone at that weight. just trying to get some publicity off Joes name

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Lol

I knew you would pop up quickly!
    Its true, ward doesnt draw the crowds but he gets the job done.
    Just like a Pit Bull, with a bone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't spent alot of time thinking about who would win the fight.

I do know Ward has beaten as many top 10 ring ranked fighters at 168 that Calzaghe did over a decade. Ward did it in 2 yrs and 10 months. And Ward also beat the top fighter at 175. All in 2 yrs 10 months.

Calzaghe fought behind undeserving mandatories for too long. He could have beaten everyone, but he faced easier foes for too many years.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post

I do know Ward has beaten as many top 10 ring ranked fighters at 168 that Calzaghe did over a decade. Ward did it in 2 yrs and 10 months. And Ward also beat the top fighter at 175. All in 2 yrs 10 months.

Calzaghe fought behind undeserving mandatories for too long. He could have beaten everyone, but he faced easier foes for too many years.
    I spent no time at all, Calzaghe you forgot Dawson came down in weight, were Joe moved up in weight.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We all cant ignore the comment made about wards opposition compared to jc in a shorter timespan.

Lets all agree that jc has got great qualities like stamina, great boxer and very fast. He is undefeated.

but hatton went up in weight to fight a p4p floyd and p4p pac on there terms. He has two losses but more balls than the welsh dragon (lol) will ever have!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post

I spent no time at all, Calzaghe you forgot Dawson came down in weight, were Joe moved up in weight.
    when it takes a fighter a decade to fight the same number of ring ranked fighters as a guy who does it in 34 months, then a fighter is wasting his career. As Joe C spent a great %of time doing so. And when Joe C moved up. he moved up to fight 2 guys in their 40s.

If Calzaghe's ambition had matched his talent, he would have done so much more. Instead he was more than happy to face undeserving mandatories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe C could have been an all time great. He had that kind of talent. he didn't have that kind of ambition. I feel like whoever you want to blame (him, promoter, manager, all 3) cheated the fans. The top 3-4 guys in each generation need to reach for the stars .Be as special as possible. If anything overreach in their ambition.

It is a much bigger mistake for a fighter like Joe C to be fighting undeserving mandatories for quite a while than for him to fail because he went for too much. Same for RoyJones and some of the subpar competition he faced in the 1990s.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe C could have been an all time great. He had that kind of talent. he didn't have that kind of ambition. I feel like whoever you want to blame (him, promoter, manager, all 3) cheated the fans. The top 3-4 guys in each generation need to reach for the stars .Be as special as possible. If anything overreach in their ambition.

It is a much bigger mistake for a fighter like Joe C to be fighting undeserving mandatories for quite a while than for him to fail because he went for too much. Same for RoyJones and some of the subpar competition he faced in the 1990s.
    Roy jones moved up in weight many times and was the heavyweight champion of the world.

The sad thing is jc has set the blueprint for cleverly who is going the same way..at least enzo mac had the balls to fight the best in his divison in haye..jc never did and never will.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What opponents you face, has a lot to do with how much money you make, boxing is a business first it's
    about making a living. Calzaghe had many problems with his hands, so you may say injury diktats when you fight, Many great match up's never happened because, of injury it's part and parcel of the
    fight game is it not.

Thread Information