Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 70

Thread: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

Share/Bookmark
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

    Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    The term in the US is specific to white people and therefore racist.
    I can somewhat agree with this, but I don't think most white Americans are all that offended when they're called a hick, hillbilly or a redneck, being called white/trailer trash for example is much more offensive, and is definitely racist. I still don't think it's as "racist" as a black person being called a "nigger", that's probably the king of all racial slurs.

    BTW, most of the rednecks I know are pretty nice guys, and i'm a bit of a redneck myself.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    5,574
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    972
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

    Mars,

    I just don't understand how a racial slur for one group is more or less racist than another. Yes, most white Americans tend to be less sensitive towards slurs and stereotypes but that doesn't change the meaning.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    9,717
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    704
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

    First of all ,sorry Lyle for calling you a Redneck , Victor may I ask is Miles staying in your house,
    as you seem to be suffering from Miles disease.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    5,574
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    972
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

    Touche Dia.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Angry Re: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

    Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Mars,

    I just don't understand how a racial slur for one group is more or less racist than another. Yes, most white Americans tend to be less sensitive towards slurs and stereotypes but that doesn't change the meaning.
    Yup less sensitive, stereotypical slurs don't bother us nearly as much, for the most part I just think it's funny when someone calls me white trash et al. I get your point tho bro, perhaps it's a bigger issue in the military/government then it is in civilian life.

    Just saying call me a redneck, whitebread, honky or whatever, just be sure to call me for supper or if you've got some beer.
    cheers

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    5,574
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    972
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

    My issue is that race is always a big issue in the US. We talk all the time about improving race relations but only as it affects minorities. There is a tremendous double standard about what is racist and what isn't and it bothers me. Discrimination may still largely be a one way street but racism is a full blown super highway.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Down In The Valley
    Posts
    2,930
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1204
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    The term in the US is specific to white people and therefore racist.
    I can somewhat agree with this, but I don't think most white Americans are all that offended when they're called a hick, hillbilly or a redneck, being called white/trailer trash for example is much more offensive, and is definitely racist. I still don't think it's as "racist" as a black person being called a "nigger", that's probably the king of all racial slurs.

    BTW, most of the rednecks I know are pretty nice guys, and i'm a bit of a redneck myself.

    Questions for you @Mars_ax or anyone else.

    How many white farmers do you know that go around calling other farmers redneck / hillbilly / white trash?

    How many middle to upper class white city people have you heard use these terms?

    How about the rich and super rich?

    Also, is racist if a black man calls another black man "nigger"? Or only if a white person says it?
    Last edited by Ghost; 09-11-2012 at 09:05 PM.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

    there ıs only one fılthy race and that ıs the HUMAN race, take ıt or leave ıt. Fılthy pıeces of cheese they are---some from Kentucky and some from Sicily, ıt doesnt matter a rat's ass.
    When dıd everybody get so goddamned sensıtıve? Im Italıan-Amerıcan---CALL ME A FUCKING GUINEEA, CALL ME A WHOP, CALL ME A GREASEBALL, CALL ME A DEGO, I THINK ITS FUNNY AND DOESNT BOTHER ME ONE BIT.
    SO SUCK IT BIOTCHES!!!!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    5,574
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    972
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    The term in the US is specific to white people and therefore racist.
    I can somewhat agree with this, but I don't think most white Americans are all that offended when they're called a hick, hillbilly or a redneck, being called white/trailer trash for example is much more offensive, and is definitely racist. I still don't think it's as "racist" as a black person being called a "nigger", that's probably the king of all racial slurs.

    BTW, most of the rednecks I know are pretty nice guys, and i'm a bit of a redneck myself.

    Questions for you @Mars_ax or anyone else.

    How many white farmers do you know that go around calling other farmers redneck / hillbilly / white trash?

    How many middle to upper class white city people have you heard use these terms?

    How about the rich and super rich?

    Also, is racist if a black man calls another black man "nigger"? Or only if a white person says it?
    Redneck and Nigger are actually pretty similar in regards to certain groups using them as a term of endearment, accepted use in certain mediums and almost a sense of pride in being called one (only by certain people of course). The rural/pastoral friends and family I have don't refer to themselves as any of those terms but I have met plenty of people that are quite proud to be a "redneck" Not all, but a large part of that last group also pretty well fit the ignorant bigoted stereotype. I rarely hear the term redneck etc from middle or upper class w/o a strong negative connotation. I'd say a black man calling another nigger is not a racist act but I do believe it still perpetuates a racist attitude.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

    when dıd the Unıverse pass the LAW that a human beıng cannot call another human beıng a "bad name"?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    5,574
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    972
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

    When did you become so naive?
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

    Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    When did you become so naive?
    İ was always naıve from the very start,
    I never had time to fart---
    A nıgger then called me to sup,
    but a Spic decided to suck a pup,
    and I as a Greaseball yelped wıth wıldest glee:
    "Slap dat Kentucky Kraut named VıctorCharlie!"

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    5,574
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    972
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

    Bitch I'm from Texas
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

    Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Bitch I'm from Texas
    never forget a great egg and cheese sandwıch ı ate ın texarkana texas on texas toast and also a lunch ı ate ın ranger texas also ı was ın sweetwater texas and amarıllo twıce.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    5,574
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    972
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

    Amarillo and the northern plains are an aqcuired taste. I enjoy hunting up there but wouldn't want to live there. Sweetwater is a really nice place also with great hunting but expensive.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Ireland-Wales,great game of rugby!
    By porkypara in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 09:38 PM
  2. Any good gyms in northern california, usa?
    By cut_throat in forum Ask the Trainer
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 09:04 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2007, 02:59 PM
  4. Scotland/England Border!
    By gogs67 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 08:45 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing