Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I am really hyped for this fight now and cannot for tomorrow to come along. I don't trust the Chavez camp at all and hope Martinez and Co, get the piss test, do all the checks etc.

Fingers crossed that it's a knockout like Martinez has promised.

I just read on ESPN that Keith Kizer, the head of the NSAC, has confirmed that both fighters will have to take a test both before and after the fight.
    I refuse to believe that you can go from 158 at the weign-in to 180 in the ring without some substances being involved. If Chavez is natureally that big then legally losing 22 pounds would absolutely fracture him, he'd be a punchbag with legs on fight night. I think Vegas are going to make it look like they did everything but will use tests that they know anybody who knows what they're doing can beat. Basically there no way you can cut nearly two stones from your fighting weight and perform 24 hours later.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sergio Martinez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. - Saturday night fight/chat thread

And I just read that Jose Sulaiman is JCC's godfather. Fantastic. At least he didn't get all the judges he wanted appointed for the fight.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I am really hyped for this fight now and cannot for tomorrow to come along. I don't trust the Chavez camp at all and hope Martinez and Co, get the piss test, do all the checks etc.

I just read on ESPN that Keith Kizer, the head of the NSAC, has confirmed that both fighters will have to take a test both before and after the fight.
    I refuse to believe that you can go from 158 at the weign-in to 180 in the ring without some substances being involved. If Chavez is natureally that big then legally losing 22 pounds would absolutely fracture him, he'd be a punchbag with legs on fight night. I think Vegas are going to make it look like they did everything but will use tests that they know anybody who knows what they're doing can beat. Basically there no way you can cut nearly two stones from your fighting weight and perform 24 hours later.
    Its an art and a dangerous one that requires dehydration if you do it legally. It means you walk around very large normally. Kostya owned and brought power down to 140 doing it.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

Its an art and a dangerous one that requires dehydration if you do it legally. It means you walk around very large normally. Kostya owned and brought power down to 140 doing it.
    Come on. Let's say JCC Junior is 185 in the ring tonight and bulldozes his way to a victory. You can legally lose two fucking stones over your fighting weight, put it back on in 24 hours and perform like you hadn't had to lose it?

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no idea what his regime is mate, for most it would be a mistake but some not many have made it a part of their whole career successfully because they work at it over years and years like part of the art and they aim as low as they dare go.Im just saying Kostya was one.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched the weigh-in, Chavez Jr. 158, Martinez 159. Junior looks skinny and face to face he doesn't look bigger then Martinez.
    Martinez looks motivated, focused and ready to kick some ass, I can't wait for this fight tonight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Referee wil be Tony Weeks and the judgers are Byrd, Moretti, and Christoudolu(spelling).

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll tell ya...Martinez needs to calm down juuust a bit. Don't let that weighty chip keep you from falling back and avoid trying to go Frazier on Chavez more than ample mellon too often early.

Relax. Just do work.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'll tell ya...Martinez needs to calm down juuust a bit. Don't let that weighty chip keep you from falling back and avoid trying to go Frazier on Chavez more than ample mellon too often early.

Relax. Just do work.
    This is my fear for Martinez. I stated in another thread that the only way Martinez loses this fight is is he lets his emotions dictate his tactics. You said it perfectly......"Relax. Just do work."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chinchekked View Post

Relax. Just do work.
    This is my fear for Martinez. I stated in another thread that the only way Martinez loses this fight is is he lets his emotions dictate his tactics. You said it perfectly......"Relax. Just do work."

My thoughts (hopes) exactly. Martinez wants to KO Chavez, if Chavez stands up to the shots and shoots to the body during the excahgens where Martinez is going to be trying to knock him out, it will slow Martinez down enough to gve Chavez his only shot.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What time does the fight start in the UK? Really can't wait for this one and i hope Martinez can step up again and end Chavez in style.

Also I am very excited for Ponce De Leon-Gonzalez, I really think this has the potential to be one of the best fights of the year! I think Gonzalez has the ability to box his way to a late stoppage, but i wouldn't count out De Leon, he will be in the fight the whole time. Should be a great fight!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any idea how I can watch this fight? I live in in Florida, and I cannot find a bar, pub or anything that will be showing this fight!!

:
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chinchekked View Post

Relax. Just do work.
    He's one of the smartest fighters going today but emotions can mess you up when your hell bent on proven a point. Simply put I don't think he can stand in Chavez's chest at will nor does he have to when he gets hit...and he will get hit. Simple roles in this one. Bloated bull vs matador and Martinez has all the tools to cut him to ribbons and lumpy like someone tied a pillow case full of cobras over his head. Martinez it the one with the full tool box tonight.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight can't come soon enough! I hate the wait on fight day for fights that I'm excited about. The anxiety is at an all time high right now.

I know this is personal with Sergio, but I think a lot of it is to also get into Chavez's head a bit. Sergio is too smart to let his emotions get in the way of his goal tonight.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I probably won't be posting too much longer, as I'm getting ready to go to my brother's house for the fight. If Martinez wins as expected (especially by knockout)..... I may not get back till the wee hours of the morning, as I'll be downing quite a few beers and getting drunk on my ass.

Either way, I'll be here tomorrow, hopefully to gloat.

Thread Information