Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
This shits getting ridicelous every freakin column I read is calling for a rematch cause of 60seconds of success. I don't think I ve ever seen a dude get as much credit for being beaten from pillar to post for eleven and a half rounds, this was probably martinez's easiest defense . I don't hear people yelling for a macklin rematch or a pavlik rematch both who made it much closer fights, both had martinez down at some point, just not in the last round so were not getting this shit about what would happen the round after cause we saw what happened martinez goes back to dominating...I'm sorry this was a borring fight and I have no desire to see it again.
Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
You guys talking about how Chavez will learn from this fight and a rematch would therefore be different are forgetting about two very important facts: (1) Chavez is not that naturally talented and (2) Chavez is lazy as all hell. He will not improve any further, either in a rematch or in his career in general. 50 professional fights is well enough to see that.

Just look at everything his own trainer has said about him in the aftermath.
@shza and @armin are correct. Martinez even beat Junior when he decided to stand and trade. The difference between the two is that Martinez is a better skilled boxer. He used a jab. He turned Junior. He evaded Junior's punches. Literally, he was superior in every single facet of boxing. Martinez finally earned his Mayweather/Cotto fight with this performance.