Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arrow Sergio Martinez vs. Julio "pothead" Chavez Jr. replay tonight on HBO

For any of you interested, the HBO replay of this fight comes on @9:30 PM ET tonight. I watched the ass-whippin' on my PC on a stream last Saturday, so i'm anxious to see the schooling/thrashing on my big screen TV tonight.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sergio Martinez vs. Julio "pothead" Chavez Jr. replay tonight on HBO

Bump.. anybody watching the replay but me?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sergio Martinez vs. Julio "pothead" Chavez Jr. replay tonight on HBO

As much as I loved the beating Junior got.... I'm afraid I'm watching college football now, bro. Maybe if Junior would've gotten KTFO'ed.... I'd probably then be watching the replay (over and over on DVR).

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ya don't really see a fight until you see it on a wide screen with walls shaking

vs So far I have Martinez ahead by a round

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched the 5th round, Junior landed maybe 2 punches the whole round, and basically ate leather.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually, I can't resist sneaking a few peeks at the fight (although the LSU-Auburn game is pretty good). Just watched as Junior's face is starting to break up. People say Junior didn't throw punches. They're wrong... he did. They just didn't get there as accurately as Martinez's punches did. Ahhh... watching Papa trying to impart wisdom from the ringside seats makes my heart warm.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Actually, I can't resist sneaking a few peeks at the fight (although the LSU-Auburn game is pretty good). Just watched as Junior's face is starting to break up. People say Junior didn't throw punches. They're wrong... he did. They just didn't get there as accurately as Martinez's punches did. Ahhh... watching Papa trying to impart wisdom from the ringside seats makes my heart warm.
    I always thought Sr was overrated.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The 12th round, I thought the KD was part push.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seeing this again its as big an exposure of a guy in along time. Two different speeds and mentalities completely.

If Chavez comes back minus a Roach and keeps a camp of yes men I think, respectfully, he's done. His approach and bad habits are as trained and ingrained as his right hook ifif this doesn't wake him up, nothing and no one will. Honestly, his father needs to be heard. Whatever the case I see him out of middle division completely and must go up.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It makes me wonder why Junior waited until the last minute to fight with bad intentions?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    It makes me wonder why Junior waited until the last minute to fight with bad intentions?

That's just it..... I don't he waited until the last minute. That would be giving him more credit than he deserves. He was throwing punches the whole fight... just not connecting very much. In the last round, he caught Martinez with a good right and hurt him. Of course he's going to go all out and go for the KO. And Martinez, even with the fight in the bag and a hurt left hand, decided to slug it out with Junior instead of clinching. It was like his ego took over. Had it been a case of Junior waiting till the last minute, rematch talk would probably be more warranted. But he didn't, and it's not.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think there will be a rematch because I doubt that Junior will be able to make 160 again.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

That's just it..... I don't he waited until the last minute. That would be giving him more credit than he deserves. He was throwing punches the whole fight... just not connecting very much. In the last round, he caught Martinez with a good right and hurt him. Of course he's going to go all out and go for the KO. And Martinez, even with the fight in the bag and a hurt left hand, decided to slug it out with Junior instead of clinching. It was like his ego took over. Had it been a case of Junior waiting till the last minute, rematch talk would probably be more warranted. But he didn't, and it's not.
    This.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now Limpley calls it "the round of the year"....Dear God. This dude would have sold snake oil in another life...or have been a lawyer

They are grabbing at straws comparing this to Sr vs Taylor. Lamps "show" afterwards is nothing bt a glorified infomercial

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They seem to be downplaying Junior's positive Marijuana test, among other things, he could get suspended for a year.

Thread Information