Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Well done Ricky burns!!!!

Hope hes now going to finally get the respect he deserves!get performance!hats off to Mitchell for the post fight interview aswell knew he wos beat off the better man.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Well done Ricky burns!!!!

Ricky looked the business tonight. Great power, skills and combinations. He has taken his game to a new level entirely. I remember when he won the title vs Martinez there were people on here saying he was a KTFO waiting to happen. Theyre looking pretty stupid right now.

Best fighter in Scottish history and Britains best fighter right now. Frochs a close second but he will never be the best in his weight class whilst Wards around. Burns however is possibly already the best lightweight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopfully burns now a gets a few big pay days he deserves it!wot do you guys think the right move next is opponent wise?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Burns was never going to lose this fight, i was very impressed when he beat Katsidis, Mitchell isn't in the same class. It will take a very good fighter to beat Ricky Burns in the next 12 months.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well i did say Burns would win by stoppage , although i did think it would take a bit longer than that.

Well done Ricky .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky never normally punches that hard, shows what hate against an Englishman can do.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was pulling for Kev. Hats off to Burns.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Props to Ricky Burns.

It was reported today he'll be fighting again in December. Good to see top fighters like Ricky remaining active.

I can't imagine Adrian Broner ever being brave enough to fight him in Scotland, even though it would draw a huge crowd there (while "The Problem" can't draw flies in the USA).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was really impressed with Burns. Quickly adjusted after round one and landed the cleaner harder shots. Definitely didn't expect him to be stopping Mitchell.

I think he gives anyone at lightweight a great fight, although, his next two fights will be John Murray and Scott Harrison both for WORLD titles the Frank Warren way. Ricky Burns seriously deserves the big vegas fights and he should beg Warren for them. Time for him to face truly world level opponents and test himself against the finest. Seems to want it too...... Good kid.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea murray and harrison would be a huge step backwards i think he beats any1 apart from maybe broner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Ricky never normally punches that hard, shows what hate against an Englishman can do.
    Haha spot on master

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's see how broner does at LW against Ring No. 1 ranked DeMarco first!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    I was really impressed with Burns. Quickly adjusted after round one and landed the cleaner harder shots. Definitely didn't expect him to be stopping Mitchell.

I think he gives anyone at lightweight a great fight, although, his next two fights will be John Murray and Scott Harrison both for WORLD titles the Frank Warren way. Ricky Burns seriously deserves the big vegas fights and he should beg Warren for them. Time for him to face truly world level opponents and test himself against the finest. Seems to want it too...... Good kid.
    If you don't mind......¿Could you explain me in details why you said Burns "Quickly adjusted after round one...?
    It's a great comment because it helps people to try to see and understand boxing even more.
    Hope people like you keep posting more!.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Props to Ricky Burns.

It was reported today he'll be fighting again in December. Good to see top fighters like Ricky remaining active.

I can't imagine Adrian Broner ever being brave enough to fight him in Scotland, even though it would draw a huge crowd there (while "The Problem" can't draw flies in the USA).
    You're correct. Adrian Broner has Al Haymon behind him + a lucrative relationship with HBO. The Ring Magazine had him on the cover of the latest issue, suggesting that he is the next superstar in boxing. I doubt Broner would go to Scotland when HBO/GB will already pay him a lot to fight in the USA.

For the time being, Demarco and Broner are set to fight on 11/3 and Vasquez is defending his title against Quintero on 10/27.

Who should Burns face next?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Clauds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post

If you don't mind......¿Could you explain me in details why you said Burns "Quickly adjusted after round one...?
    It's a great comment because it helps people to try to see and understand boxing even more.
    Hope people like you keep posting more!.
    Hey, I'm no boxing analyst by any stretch, that can be noted by my already lowly position on the Prediction League, but it just seemed to me that Burns picked up the distance spot on after the first. Mitchell landed some good jabs in the first and after that none so notable, so suggests to me Burns reading of the distance was very good. I'm sure someone will be in here to shoot me with a better analysis but thats what I thought.

He was very clever with the distance and footwork. He probably does a lot that he doesn't get credit for. I'd say that there aren't a huge amount of fighters that can adjust as the fight goes along. Lots just roll with their plan.

Thread Information