Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan face to face with Brook

Who do you guys think won the verbals?

I must admit I think Khan was more convincing and appeared more confident. He was looking Kel in the eye who in return was quiet and looking flustered. Brook doesnt seem to share the charisma of his Sheffield stablemates of years gone by. Maybe it will come with experience but I think Khans younger.

Didnt realise how similar Khan is to Audley Harisson until they sat next to each other. Both Olympians who were given the big build up but despite being knocked out twice they still have an undeserved confidence. Begining to think Khans delusional because he was talking about fighting the winner of Bradley vs Brook and being a league above but what makes him think he deserves it coming off two losses against guys who arent exactly elite. He would be lucky to secure the loser of that fight.

What are your thoughts?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan face to face with Brook

Good stuff there from Sky, some proper shit stirring.

Khan is obviously the more confident speaker but Kell just mentioning his china chin got him going. The ending showed the true colours.

Khan telling him to beat Bradley then he'll definitely sign for the fight was ridiculous. That's why sadly we'll never see it (Hatton-Witter all over again).
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also Hatton and Khan keep metioning each other now and that fight is MUCH bigger than any involving Brook. That will be a huge PPV event
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir Khan always runs his mouth. He should have SERIOUSLY learnt by now that shouting your mouth off about knocking people isn;t a great idea, especially with a softer chin than most.

Brooks opposition may not be the very top, but in Carson Jones, he fought a very good welterweight who is, IMO, a similar fighter to Lamont Peterson but better. I think Brook stops Khan 9 times out of 10.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir Khan always runs his mouth. He should have SERIOUSLY learnt by now that shouting your mouth off about knocking people isn;t a great idea, especially with a softer chin than most.

Brooks opposition may not be the very top, but in Carson Jones, he fought a very good welterweight who is, IMO, a similar fighter to Lamont Peterson but better. I think Brook stops Khan 9 times out of 10.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this was quality viewing !

Brook's not as used to facing the media as Khan is so let's allow for that.

Khan outboxes him every day of the week - but Brook would win by KO every day of the week
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post

I'll go with that too. Brook KO 9 times out of 10.

Khan has more than likely had some sort of training to deal with the media to come across right, Brook just came across as a normal guy, he has some class. he isn't used to all the bull shit slagging each other off.

Who does Khan think he is? He barely scraped by Maidana, lost to Peterson and got destroyed by Garcia. Training in America alongside Pacman does not automatically make him a p4p great. He's so far up his own arse it's unbelievable.

Brook struggled against Jones, fitness was lacking but had to fight through a smashed nose too. If Khan had been in that position he would have run all night then probably get taken out. Brook is most definitely the tougher.

Would love to see Khan humbled by Brook.
    Last edited by armyash; 10-05-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To me Khan looked the more flusterd towards the end and quite easy to wind up, if Brook can up his stamina I would fancy him to beat Khan he has the better chin, balance and probably punches harder too.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't see either Khan or Hatton risking fighting Brook before they fight each other. It's just not going to happen, is it?

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan does have delusion of grandeur, just because he has done well at Light welter does not mean he can do it at welterweight. He is trying to say he is bigger than Kell in terms of stardom and achievement which he is but he is certainly not better than Kell at welterweight. Both fighters will be desperate to fight Hatton first now but really should concentrate on their own careers. Kell should have taken the Bradley fight and elevated his status. Khan is back to the drawing board taking on a very soft opponent to perfect his defence and then fight Hatton for a massive amount of money. I will not be paying PPV, but the again I never do.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

(Hatton) he's proven himself - by getting knocked out cold by Mayweather/Pacquiao

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fun.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Khan does have delusion of grandeur, just because he has done well at Light welter does not mean he can do it at welterweight. He is trying to say he is bigger than Kell in terms of stardom and achievement which he is but he is certainly not better than Kell at welterweight. Both fighters will be desperate to fight Hatton first now but really should concentrate on their own careers. Kell should have taken the Bradley fight and elevated his status. Khan is back to the drawing board taking on a very soft opponent to perfect his defence and then fight Hatton for a massive amount of money. I will not be paying PPV, but the again I never do.
    That would have been good but I have read somewhere Hearn said why take the fight now when could soon be mandatory challenger, Hearn will make a big bid to get home advantage, If Brook accepts the fight as voluntary chances are it will be for shit money with Bradley calling the shots.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love Kell Brooks' voice. Kermit the frog with a cold.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That would have been good but I have read somewhere Hearn said why take the fight now when could soon be mandatory challenger, Hearn will make a big bid to get home advantage, If Brook accepts the fight as voluntary chances are it will be for shit money with Bradley calling the shots.
    Not true my friend. Brook is fighting his 2nd IBF eliminator and then would be in line to fight the winner of Bailey/Alexander but the problem is, if Devon wins he's entitled to an optional and if Bailey retains he's entitled to an optional which more or less freezes Kell out of the IBF sweep stakes for at least a year to 18 months.

In order to get into the mandatory position for Bradley he would need to fight in sanctioned WBO fights but it begs the question why bother when you just got offered a fight by the new champion as his optional??

I cant see the rationale.

Thread Information