Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romney vs. Obama Debate - Part II on Tuesday - let's score it!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Romney vs. Obama Debate - Part II on Tuesday - let's score it!

The next Romney vs Obama debate is set for Tuesday, October 16th. at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York. Air Time: 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time -Moderator: Candy Crowley (CNN Chief Political Correspondent)

BO figures to do somewhat better than he did in the first debate, but he will have to contend with a new debate format. The debate Tuesday night will be a town hall format, so both he and Romney will be taking questions from the moderator, but also from members of the audience. And that creates a challenge for the Obama campaign because Romney is very comfortable in a town hall format. For a long time, he was doing more town halls out on the campaign trail than rallies.

In my humble opinion, Romney has most of the momentum and energy right now and it's going to be next to impossible for Obama to slow it in this debate Tuesday night. Obama's honeymoon with voters is over now, and the majority of Americans have finally seen that Obama is unqualified to lead, and has no workable plan for America's future.

http://www.2012presidentialelectionn...bate-schedule/
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 10-14-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Romney vs. Obama Debate - Part II on Tuesday - let's score it!

Hey bro.

We basically don't agree on the Presidential election and candidates, but I like your enthusiasm, and...... I like the way you format the debate threads just like the boxing threads. It's pretty much what it is anyway..... verbal boxing.

Obviously, I'm hoping Obama is better prepared for the rematch.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Hey bro.

We basically don't agree on the Presidential election and candidates, but I like your enthusiasm, and...... I like the way you format the debate threads just like the boxing threads. It's pretty much what it is anyway..... verbal boxing.

@TitoFan,
    Thanks bro, just like with the boxing/fight threads I give my totally unbiased opinions in the debate threads, lol.
    Actually I do try to "moderate" the threads a bit, give a fair assessment, and give credit where credit is due. I like hearing everyone's opinions even though I might not agree with them, making my contributions to the Forums and hopefully making Saddos a little better place for all of us.

I like Romney well enough, and I don't believe he's anywhere near as dishonest, greedy and corrupt, et al, as he's made out to be by the liberals/Dems. I just think Obama's had his shot, and I can't see him doing any better if given another 4 years to work with.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Hey bro.

@TitoFan ,
    Thanks bro, just like with the boxing/fight threads I give my totally unbiased opinions in the debate threads, lol.
    Actually I do try to "moderate" the threads a bit, give a fair assessment, and give credit where credit is due. I like hearing everyone's opinions even though I might not agree with them, making my contributions to the Forums and hopefully making Saddos a little better place for all of us.

I like Romney well enough, and I don't believe he's anywhere near as dishonest, greedy and corrupt, et al, as he's made out to be by the liberals/Dems. I just think Obama's had his shot, and I can't see him doing any better if given another 4 years to work with.

@Mars_ax, now we just need someone to do an objective, but good RBR...... LOL.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey bro.

@TitoFan ,

@Mars_ax, now we just need someone to do an objective, but good RBR...... LOL.
    Yup, i'm not really all that good at doing RBR, i'm sure there's some members on the forum who are good at doing RBR, they can feel free to jump in. I'm all for anything that enhances the fight threads and makes the forum better.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am I allowed to pipe in with a sardonic dig or two?

Obviously, I am a fan of neither of the two corporate pugs, but given the rough choices available, Obama is the lesser of two evils. You know what you ae going to get with him, whilst Romney is a loose cannon and must be kept away from the red buttons. Plus he is a Mormon and that doesn't bode well for logic and rationality.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm surprised by that Miles considering how the President has largely just continued Bush's policies. Romney likely will as well but you never know.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't call it the lessor of 2 evils, good or evil has little to do with it. It's more about who gives the U.S. the best chance of improving, I see that man being Romney. BO had his chance and blew it, mainly because he didn't have a workable plan in place. I'll breath a hell of a lot easier at night knowing that BO, Hillary, Biden, and the rest of that liberal scum is no longer fucking up my government.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    I'm surprised by that Miles considering how the President has largely just continued Bush's policies. Romney likely will as well but you never know.
    Yeah, I know what you mean and I do really dislike Obama as my posting has shown since he was made President. I just don't see Romney as a viable alternative either. His foreign policy approach is potentially very dangerous and I just don't want to see the Middle East incited to complete madness. I already think America is very wrong for putting sanctions on Iran, I would hate to see them prodded on by Israel into committing to Iraq part 2. Furthermore, I really don't want to see the military having 2 billion dollars pumped into it when investment should really be going into green energy. I also really loath the idea of expanding coal mining.

I don't like either of them, but certainly from an international standpoint it is better to stick with Obama. I yearn for a time when a viable 3rd alternative becomes available. Currently it just seems like dead end politics, I just want America to treat its majority with respect and the policies that will get them on their feet. For too long they have been forced to eat shit. That's not a good thing to be happening to people. I won't waffle on as this is about the debate, but yeah, it bugs me.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't call it the lessor of 2 evils, good or evil has little to do with it. It's more about who gives the U.S. the best chance of improving, I see that man being Romney. BO had his chance and blew it, mainly because he didn't have a workable plan in place. I'll breath a hell of a lot easier at night knowing that BO, Hillary, Biden, and the rest of that liberal scum is no longer fucking up my government.
    Obama doesn't have much of a plan to get the economy going again. That's mainly because there isn't really a lot the prez can do to help the economy recover from a balance sheet recession, one where Americans are paying down lots of debt. Because they're paying down debt built up the housing bubble consumer demand is weak and there's not much Obama can do to increase it, short of mortgage cramdowns/renegotiation, and every time he's tried to do that the banks and the GOP have blocked it.

Romney's plan is apparently a massive tax cut mainly for the wealthy. This was Bush's plan too and it led to really poor economic growth, worse growth than any modern prez. So why do you think Romney is going to do any better than the current guy?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Angry Re: Romney vs. Obama Debate - Part II on Tuesday - let's score it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Obama doesn't have much of a plan to get the economy going again. That's mainly because there isn't really a lot the prez can do to help the economy recover from a balance sheet recession, one where Americans are paying down lots of debt. Because they're paying down debt built up the housing bubble consumer demand is weak and there's not much Obama can do to increase it, short of mortgage cramdowns/renegotiation, and every time he's tried to do that the banks and the GOP have blocked it.

Romney's plan is apparently a massive tax cut mainly for the wealthy. This was Bush's plan too and it led to really poor economic growth, worse growth than any modern prez. So why do you think Romney is going to do any better than the current guy?
    A massive tax cut by Romney for the wealthy is just another load of shit that the dems/libs are spewing to demonize Romney and get votes, as is saying that medicare will be cut or that the middle class will get fucked over, by Romney's tax plan. Any "plan" that Romney/Ryan have already outlined for job growth, economic recovery, lowering the deficit and saving medicare & social security is better then what the "magic mulatto" has already tried and failed at.

There's not one fucking thing that BO and the libs stand for that I can identify with, the dems are the party of the black, white and hispanic welfare/entitlement parasites, the party of gays, lesbians/feminists and other "bleeding heart" Oprah-headed white females.

I may not always agree with Republican politics, but the men and women who support and vote for Romney and the Republicans this year are who i'll stand with. Them and their ancestors are what built America and made it great.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A massive tax cut by Romney for the wealthy is just another load of shit that the dems/libs are spewing to demonize Romney and get votes, as is saying that medicare will be cut or that the middle class will get fucked over, by Romney's tax plan. Any "plan" that Romney/Ryan have already outlined for job growth, economic recovery, lowering the deficit and saving medicare & social security is better then what the "magic mulatto" has already tried and failed at.

There's not one fucking thing that BO and the libs stand for that I can identify with, the dems are the party of the black, white and hispanic welfare/entitlement parasites, the party of gays, lesbians/feminists and other "bleeding heart" Oprah-headed white females.

I may not always agree with Republican politics, but the men and women who support and vote for Romney and the Republicans this year are who i'll stand with. Them and their ancestors are what built America and made it great.
    Yo Mars, stormfront.org called, they want their post back.

El Kabong Guest

Obama doesn't have much of a plan to get the economy going again.
    ....you don't say

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post

Yo Mars, stormfront.org called, they want their post back.
    Geezuz Youngblood, you'd think they'd be able to articulate much better then me, i'm a novice at this shit.
    cheers

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why do they not have the third candidate in the libertarians, they did it over here and the Nick Clegg was so much better than Brown and Cameron that he got in power.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information