Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 181 to 192 of 192

Thread: Danny Garcia vs. Erik Morales II - Saturday night fight thread

Share/Bookmark
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    19,109
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1497
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Danny Garcia vs. Erik Morales II - Saturday night fight thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    One thing i don't get about people saying about the Malignaggi fight about it being fixed, or that Cano should have won the title or how Malignaggi needed to win to fight Hatton or something...

    did it escape everyone that Cano didn't make weight came in overweight, had time to lose it but decided not to and that Malignaggi would never have lost his title regardless? Because I'm watching the fight now and that's mostly what they are talking about.

    Also thought I'd see more criticism of it.
    I was wondering why it was a non title fight, that explains it.

    Garcia has devastating power, he would wreck Khan.
    He did mate

    He's really getting some stink on his shots isnt he. Would like to see him (as the fighter he is now) against someone who isnt an accident waiting to happen as Khan and Morales were.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

    Charley Burley

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,696
    Mentioned
    1457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2699
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Danny Garcia vs. Erik Morales II - Saturday night fight thread

    I meant if Khan fought him straight away, Khan needs to settle with his new trainer and learn his densive skills and regain some confidence. Then he can come back and beat Garcia.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Danny Garcia vs. Erik Morales II - Saturday night fight thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I meant if Khan fought him straight away, Khan needs to settle with his new trainer and learn his densive skills and regain some confidence. Then he can come back and beat Garcia.
    I disagree Master, if Garcia fights Khan again it will end quicker then it did the first time. Khan isn't going to get any better then what he already is, that's just being realistic.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Danny Garcia vs. Erik Morales II - Saturday night fight thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    One thing i don't get about people saying about the Malignaggi fight about it being fixed, or that Cano should have won the title or how Malignaggi needed to win to fight Hatton or something...

    did it escape everyone that Cano didn't make weight came in overweight, had time to lose it but decided not to and that Malignaggi would never have lost his title regardless? Because I'm watching the fight now and that's mostly what they are talking about.

    Also thought I'd see more criticism of it.
    Yup, it escaped my attention because I had the sound muted and really only watched a couple rounds of this fight.
    As for criticism, Malignaggi's fights aren't worth watching.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1120
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Danny Garcia vs. Erik Morales II - Saturday night fight thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Now Alexander is going to act like this was a fight of the year, another snoozer in the books for Devon, officially a 12 round UD.
    Bailey has a right hand and a bit of a jab, and little else.
    Yes Bailey really really limits himself with his damn tunnel vision on the right hand KO. He has a very good left hook and can box much better than he has been showing his last two fights.

    However, at 38 and always being pretty one dimensional, this is as good as it gets it seems. He probably figures if he threw more punches he wouldn't have the energy for the late KO or to fend off his opponent.

    Ugly fight, coulda ended worse for Bailey. Still a fan.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,142
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1023
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    You have to say Morales, went out fighting he was a shadow of his former self, not Garcia's fault it
    was a cracking left hook.Danny beat a Legendre fighter well done, he is growing on me.
    He went out in his shield, finished like the warrior he is. It was a monster of a hook and no shame in being stopped by that. Even Khan comes out looking a smidge better after a tree feller like that. The lad can punch a bit. Well done Garcia. Someone will outbox him though.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,142
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1023
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Alexander / Bailey will be unlikely to make fight of the year and even Devon's ability to hug his way to a victory seemed diminished, maybe because of his limited opponent. Brook could handle the challenge comfortably if the IBF make Kell Alexander's mandatory. Quillin Ndam was chalk and cheese compared to the opener and was wildly entertaining. 8 knock downs with an opponent still in it come the final round is not to be sniffed at. Is Ndam unknockoutable ? Or has kid chocolate got a lower cocoa content than we thought? Less powder on his cappuccino. Great to see Tyson in Brooklyn and his words seemed to ignite the powder keg below Peter Quillin.
    Last edited by Beanz; 10-22-2012 at 08:36 AM.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    19,109
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1497
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Danny Garcia vs. Erik Morales II - Saturday night fight thread

    I think Quillan could have got him out of there but Bunce was dead right, he was unsure of his tank fighting at that clip.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

    Charley Burley

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,696
    Mentioned
    1457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2699
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Danny Garcia vs. Erik Morales II - Saturday night fight thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I think Quillan could have got him out of there but Bunce was dead right, he was unsure of his tank fighting at that clip.
    I thought Quillan was out boxed for most of the fight and I was disappointed in him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    19,109
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1497
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Danny Garcia vs. Erik Morales II - Saturday night fight thread

    I saw it the other way mate. I thought any success N'Dam had was because Quillan allowed it. Quillan handed him at least 3 rounds on a silver plater. I thought he fought smart.

    I liked him.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

    Charley Burley

  11. #191
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,408
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1638
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Danny Garcia vs. Erik Morales II - Saturday night fight thread

    I give credit to N'Dam because he said he wanted to make a name for himself in the States and IMO he did that. He fought hard... survived multiple knockdowns... and won himself some rounds. Not bad for a fighter from a country not exactly known for its professional boxing prowess. On the other side, Quillin showed a lot of poise... even when his hand speed looked significantly less than N'Dam's. He showed some good power and ring generalship. I thought maybe he could've ended the fight earlier had he pressed the action after some of those KD's.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Danny Garcia vs. Erik Morales II - Saturday night fight thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Now Alexander is going to act like this was a fight of the year, another snoozer in the books for Devon, officially a 12 round UD.
    Bailey has a right hand and a bit of a jab, and little else.
    Yes Bailey really really limits himself with his damn tunnel vision on the right hand KO. He has a very good left hook and can box much better than he has been showing his last two fights.

    However, at 38 and always being pretty one dimensional, this is as good as it gets it seems. He probably figures if he threw more punches he wouldn't have the energy for the late KO or to fend off his opponent.

    Ugly fight, coulda ended worse for Bailey. Still a fan.
    @Hulk - Bailey is likable Pug, but he's frustrating to watch, because he doesn't let his hands go, and almost totally relies on connecting with a big right hand.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Danny Garcia - Eric Morales 2
    By Tam Seddon in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 01:42 PM
  2. Replies: 174
    Last Post: 07-22-2012, 06:42 PM
  3. Erik Morales Surgery before Garcia fight?
    By Manuel "Chubby" Medina in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 01:53 AM
  4. Replies: 141
    Last Post: 03-26-2012, 05:17 PM
  5. Morales-Danny Garcia / Kirkland-Molina on Hbo 1/28
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-10-2011, 02:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing