Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Donaire vs Arce on Dec.15 Most Likely

I am not sure how you can call Arce-Doniare a mismatch if you have not seen Arce fight in 3 years.

Darchinyan was not drained for the Arce fight and never claimed he was. If anything Donaire would have been drained at that weight. He has been fighting way below where he should have been for years.

Darchinyan fought the best available from his home in NZ, and Donaire has not really had an easy go at it having to fight champs from South Africa, Japan, Mexico, NZ, Phillipines, etc...

I think the most indicative of Donaire not being overrated was his absolute drubbing of Fernando Montiel in 2rds. That was his biggest challenge yet, and he killed it in emphatic fashion.

But, in fact, this will be Arce's swansong of a fight. Prepare for a LOT of BLOOD and GUTS. I do not think Donaire can finish his off with one shot because Arce will be in his chest a lot of the fight if he can manage to make it there without getting popped every time.
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If u replied 2 my post , read it again , because from reading your post , u seem 2 reply 2 something else .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
    If u replied 2 my post , read it again , because from reading your post , u seem 2 reply 2 something else .
    It looked like u said u had not seen Traviso is 3 years since the drubbing Vic put on him that night. I was just pointing out that Arce has done more than enough to resurrect his career since, and even more to earn the right to this fight. You really can't expect the two best guys to fight in any given division unless the planets just align.

I think this will at least present Donaire with a different angle of a guy who is not scared of him, has a good chin, a signature punch (L kidney), and will cut the ring off all night. Arce is going to have to knock him out, but you just never know in these fights. Donaire hurts his hands a lot, sucks a lot of weight fight night, and he trades sometimes.

If Arce came in at less than 4:1 I would put $10 on him
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post
    I am not sure how you can call Arce-Doniare a mismatch if you have not seen Arce fight in 3 years.

Darchinyan was not drained for the Arce fight and never claimed he was. If anything Donaire would have been drained at that weight. He has been fighting way below where he should have been for years.

Darchinyan fought the best available from his home in NZ, and Donaire has not really had an easy go at it having to fight champs from South Africa, Japan, Mexico, NZ, Phillipines, etc...

I think the most indicative of Donaire not being overrated was his absolute drubbing of Fernando Montiel in 2rds. That was his biggest challenge yet, and he killed it in emphatic fashion.

But, in fact, this will be Arce's swansong of a fight. Prepare for a LOT of BLOOD and GUTS. I do not think Donaire can finish his off with one shot because Arce will be in his chest a lot of the fight if he can manage to make it there without getting popped every time.
    Arce is now 33 yrs old , and 3 yrs older than he was against Darchiniyan where he looked shit and barely through a punch .

Would N older Arce than de shit that I watched b any better against a bigger , younger fighter than Darchiniyan ?
    It was a mismatch against Darchiniyan 3 yrs ago already .
    Did u watch him there ? no blood and no guts , no being in Darchiniyan's chest .

It looked like u said u had not seen Traviso is 3 years since the drubbing Vic put on him that night. I was just pointing out that Arce has done more than enough to resurrect his career since, and even more to earn the right to this fight. You really can't expect the two best guys to fight in any given division unless the planets just align.

I think this will at least present Donaire with a different angle of a guy who is not scared of him, has a good chin, a signature punch (L kidney), and will cut the ring off all night. Arce is going to have to knock him out, but you just never know in these fights. Donaire hurts his hands a lot, sucks a lot of weight fight night, and he trades sometimes.

Arce is now even older against n opponent even younger . Darchiniyan moved 2 115 immedi8ly after losing 2 Donaire and kept moving up since . Donaire was de 1 whom remained @ 112 and defended his title there .

Iz not e kidney panch illegal ?

Donaire will easily dispose of Arce .
    But i guess u try 2 effect de odds from here .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arce is now 33 yrs old , and 3 yrs older than he was against Darchiniyan where he looked shit and barely through a punch .

Would N older Arce than de shit that I watched b any better against a bigger , younger fighter than Darchiniyan ?
    It was a mismatch against Darchiniyan 3 yrs ago already .
    Did u watch him there ? no blood and no guts , no being in Darchiniyan's chest .

Arce is now even older against n opponent even younger . Darchiniyan moved 2 115 immedi8ly after losing 2 Donaire and kept moving up since . Donaire was de 1 whom remained @ 112 and defended his title there .

Iz not e kidney panch illegal ?

Donaire will easily dispose of Arce .
    But i guess u try 2 effect de odds from here .
    Kidney punch is illegal. I meant LIVER. I am the asshole.

Darchinyan is not having trouble making 118 today or 115. Most of his opponents are bigger than him, now. He was banking on that 2nd shot at The Flash. But he just had Arce's number.

It reminded me of Casamayor vs Katsidis. It was like Arce had never seen a punch come from those angles or something.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I under the money reason for the Arce fight, as I've said before. However, if Donaire doesn't face the winner of Mares/Moreno or Rigondeaux next, I'll be disappointed in him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donaire is a mind-reader. He's just so good at it. When he said he sees things before it happens like the matrix, I believe him.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    If this fight comes off, Donaire will have fought 4X in 2012. One was for a title in a new division with a top ten fighter; one was a unification fight with a top ten fighter; one was a knockout against the consensus number 1 in the division; and, the last is against a big name. Although Arce is not a compelling match-up for Donaire with the outcome already certain, he has a big fan base, and after three moderately difficult-to-difficult fights, I understand the reason for the fight. Given his activity, assuming he beats Arce, Donaire has to be the frontrunner for fighter of the year. Correct?
    not really, the general consensus is that the top 2 front runners for Fighter of the Year are Garcia and Ward again, not saying that Donaire wouldn't be in the running but as of right now nothing is in black and white
    I did not even think of Ward or Garcia first. Garcia has not really changed weight or beaten anyone who was ranked for his belt. Garcia beat two people this year in 3 fights. A solid argument could be made that Morales had no reason to share the ring with him after his first performance. And Khan was coming off a loss already.

Black and White even if Donaire didn't fight Arce he would still be 4-5 slots ahead of these two. He straight up outclassed his opposition without ducking a soul and moved up in weight
    what does moving up in weight have to do with it? he (Garcia) basically is the top dog in the division and unified two belts

Donaire looked flat in two of his wins, against Vazquez he took plenty of punishment, and against Mathebula (a relatively unknown) it was a close fight regardless of what the judges say

as for Morales, he had just picked up a strap against the younger kid who just took Malignaggi to the limit, and had his spirited showing against the hard hitting Maidana

sorry just don't see how a guy who hasn't had a really BIG IMPRESSIVE win can be touted as the Fighter of the Year, cause although he won against Nishioka (Donaire's biggest W of the year) he looked flat for the most part of the fight

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this fight comes off, Donaire will have fought 4X in 2012. One was for a title in a new division with a top ten fighter; one was a unification fight with a top ten fighter; one was a knockout against the consensus number 1 in the division; and, the last is against a big name. Although Arce is not a compelling match-up for Donaire with the outcome already certain, he has a big fan base, and after three moderately difficult-to-difficult fights, I understand the reason for the fight. Given his activity, assuming he beats Arce, Donaire has to be the frontrunner for fighter of the year. Correct?
    not really, the general consensus is that the top 2 front runners for Fighter of the Year are Garcia and Ward again, not saying that Donaire wouldn't be in the running but as of right now nothing is in black and white
    I did not even think of Ward or Garcia first. Garcia has not really changed weight or beaten anyone who was ranked for his belt. Garcia beat two people this year in 3 fights. A solid argument could be made that Morales had no reason to share the ring with him after his first performance. And Khan was coming off a loss already.

Black and White even if Donaire didn't fight Arce he would still be 4-5 slots ahead of these two. He straight up outclassed his opposition without ducking a soul and moved up in weight
    what does moving up in weight have to do with it? he (Garcia) basically is the top dog in the division and unified two belts

Donaire looked flat in two of his wins, against Vazquez he took plenty of punishment, and against Mathebula (a relatively unknown) it was a close fight regardless of what the judges say

as for Morales, he had just picked up a strap against the younger kid who just took Malignaggi to the limit, and had his spirited showing against the hard hitting Maidana

sorry just don't see how a guy who hasn't had a really BIG IMPRESSIVE win can be touted as the Fighter of the Year, cause although he won against Nishioka (Donaire's biggest W of the year) he looked flat for the most part of the fight
    I am in agreement that Garcia is on the short list for fighter of the year. Garcia's win over Khan was a big win. Khan was favored and Garcia upset the odds. He also unified titles in that fight. Garcia's win over Morales in their first row was a good win too, although I don't make much of his win in their rematch. In regards to Garcia's performances, I thougt Khan was beating him up the first three (maybe two) rounds and that Morales gave Garcia more problems in their first fight than I expected he would. His knockout in the Morales rematch was spectacular, but somethine along those lines was expected because he was a huge favorite. In sum, he fought three times and unified titles. He had one terrific win, one good win, and one expected win.

With respect to Donaire, there are some similarities. He has one terrific win (Nishioka); he will have one expected win over an aging veteran assuming he beats Arce ( e.g. Morales II for Garcia); he has two good wins over top ten guys in his division, which is comparable to Garcia's first win over Morales, who was top ten at the time they fought; and he unified titles. With regards to Donaire's performances, I thought he looked flatter than he has in the past, but I thought he was in tougher on the whole than Garcia. Like Garcia, he won his biggest fight by knockout, also like Garcia at junior welterweight in his first fight against Morales, he strugged at times against top ten opponents at junior featherweight, Mathebula and Vasquez Jr. What separates him objectively from Garcia are sheer numbers: (1) he will have fought once more and (2) he moved up in weight this year. Thus, for me Donaire edges it out.

Ward can't be on the list with only one fight this year.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 11-12-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@ElTerribleMorales -

Dougie Fischer says that Garcia and Donaire are front runners. Donaire edges it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@ElTerribleMorales -

Dougie Fischer says that Garcia and Donaire are front runners. Donaire edges it.
    fair enough, but I think we can agree that whoever wins Fighter of the Year hasn't been as impressive as others in the past, Ward, Martinez, Pacquiao, etc. all had more impressive years when they won the honor

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@ElTerribleMorales - yes, i would agree with your statement. Correct me if I'm wrong, but your point is that Donaire had a great year, but the way in which he won fights wasn't as impressive as guys have done it in the past, and that's a pretty fair point.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    You guys are getting wash up by this hype. Its not going to happen.
    Why not? Donaire seems to want to fight as much as he can. Arce is starting to mouth off, so something is brewing.
    I would rather see Rigondeaux or Mares vs Donaire, but Arce is good too.
    DONAIRE BATTLES ARCE IN HOUSTON ON DECEMBER 15

They're reaching an agreement. Looks like its gonna be in Houston.
    Yup, hopefully Rigon fights somebody with a pulse.

Dec. 15
    At Houston (HBO): Nonito Donaire vs. Jorge Arce, 12 rounds, for Donaire's WBO junior featherweight title; Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. TBA, 12 rounds, for Rigondeaux's WBA junior featherweight title.

That TBA guy sure is active.

Thread Information