Thread: Thomas Dulorme vs. Luis Carlos Abregu Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Thomas Dulorme vs. Luis Carlos Abregu Saturday night fight/chat thread

A bit of boxing for us fans on HBO BAD tonight, including an IBF Lightweight title fight between Miguel Vazquez vs. Marvin Quintero. It could end up being an entertaining night of boxing.

Oct. 27
    At Verona, N.Y. (HBO): Thomas Dulorme vs. Luis Carlos Abregu, 10 rounds, welterweights; Miguel Vazquez vs. Marvin Quintero, 12 rounds, for Vazquez's IBF lightweight title; Mauricio Herrera vs. Karim Mayfield, 10 rounds, junior welterweights.

I imagine there will be a tribute to Manny Steward somewhere during the card. (I bet Lamps' will be tearing up)
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 10-28-2012 at 01:56 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thomas Dulorme vs. Luis Carlos Abregu on HBO BAD Saturday

A triple header Saturday on HBO BAD, the card begins @ 10:15 PM ET here in the States or about 3:15 AM Sunday morning for you night owls in the UK.
    Info on Saturday night's fights:
    HBO: Boxing: Home

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the heads up as always, Mars.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I recall correctly, Abregu lost to Bradley, right? However, he looked pretty sharp even in defeat. Should be a good scrap with Dulorme..

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    If I recall correctly, Abregu lost to Bradley, right? However, he looked pretty sharp even in defeat. Should be a good scrap with Dulorme..
    Yup, Abregu is another tough Argentinian who's won 33 (KO 27) and his only loss is to Bradley a pretty clear cut UD. I'll be pulling for him against, Thomas Dulorme (sorry Tito) from PR, who's undefeated with 16 wins - 12 by KO.
    I don't know why the only title fight of the night (Miguel Vazquez vs. Marvin Quintero, 12 rounds, for Vazquez's IBF lightweight title) isn't being promoted better, I reckon there's a reason, but I don't know what it is, perhaps it's a shitty match up.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Yup, Abregu is another tough Argentinian who's won 33 (KO 27) and his only loss is to Bradley a pretty clear cut UD. I'll be pulling for him against, Thomas Dulorme (sorry Tito) from PR, who's undefeated with 16 wins - 12 by KO.
    I don't know why the only title fight of the night (Miguel Vazquez vs. Marvin Quintero, 12 rounds, for Vazquez's IBF lightweight title) isn't being promoted better, I reckon there's a reason, but I don't know what it is, perhaps it's a shitty match up.

Aw c'mon, bro! Say it isn't so.

Naw it's alright buddy. But wow.... I know little of Abregu, but I know Argentinians are known for packing a wallop. Two things I can generalize about fighters from specific countries: Mexicans usually have a pretty good chin. And Argentinians punch like a mule.

I'm pulling for Dulorme, though.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dulorme might be in over his head. Really it comes down to if Abregu can take Dulorme power. Abregu has never been stopped before but he's been down and hurt (and hurt badly) enough times to where I consider his chin to be on the weak side. If he can handle the power he'll have his way with Dulorme. If not this one ends early.

It's a big step up for Dulorme. Who really hasn't looked all that impressive in his last couple of fights. He needs a good showing. For him and Puerto Rico. It hasn't gone well for a lot of these recent PR prospects. Luis Orlando Del Valle, Jason Escalera, Cesar Seda, Alex Perez have all lost recently. Jonathan Gonzalez (the Junior middleweight) should of lost. Luis Cruz, Kenny Galarza and Carlos Negron were exposed as frauds. I do like the other Jonathan Gonzalez. The Flyweight. He's looked good. Arroyo twins are decent. But it's time they stepped it up. But they still doing better than the overrated Velasquez twins. One ain't fought in over 2 years. And the other one is still fighting 4 rounders against 1-16 fighters. Dulorme needs to come up big

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm more familiar with some than others... but my personal favorites are the Arroyo twins. McWilliams more than McJoe. But yeah... they need to step up in class of opponent. I think McWilliams is championship material. Jonathan Gonzalez (flyweight) is awesome, in my opinion. A lot of potential there. I'm not down on Cesar Seda. He lost to Omar Narvaez, but has since bounced back. Luis Cruz disappointed me in his loss to Burgos and yeah... I see nothing there, unfortunately. I see nothing in his style that would allow him to go far. And I've never been a big believer in Carlos Negron. It would be nice to have a good P.R. heavyweight.... but Carlos has always looked a bit chinny to me. Too lanky and chinny to compete at the elite level.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'm more familiar with some than others... but my personal favorites are the Arroyo twins. McWilliams more than McJoe. But yeah... they need to step up in class of opponent. I think McWilliams is championship material. Jonathan Gonzalez (flyweight) is awesome, in my opinion. A lot of potential there. I'm not down on Cesar Seda. He lost to Omar Narvaez, but has since bounced back. Luis Cruz disappointed me in his loss to Burgos and yeah... I see nothing there, unfortunately. I see nothing in his style that would allow him to go far. And I've never been a big believer in Carlos Negron. It would be nice to have a good P.R. heavyweight.... but Carlos has always looked a bit chinny to me. Too lanky and chinny to compete at the elite level.
    Who's considered the better prospect out of Camilo Perez, Braulio Santos and Miguel Soto

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Who's considered the better prospect out of Camilo Perez, Braulio Santos and Miguel Soto

Well... they're all very popular locally. But I'd have to say Braulio, with Camilo not far behind. Braulio has scary power, and carries himself well. Camilo I'd say has deceptive power, not to be dismissed... but more than that, he moves around the ring pretty well. Soto is very popular with local crowds, but I'm not sure he's considered a "can't miss" prospect.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just wanted to add to this thread: HBO will likely add some sort of tribute paying final respect to Emmanuel Steward during this card Saturday night, it will be worth watching.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well... they're all very popular locally. But I'd have to say Braulio, with Camilo not far behind. Braulio has scary power, and carries himself well. Camilo I'd say has deceptive power, not to be dismissed... but more than that, he moves around the ring pretty well. Soto is very popular with local crowds, but I'm not sure he's considered a "can't miss" prospect.
    Can't miss must not mean what it use to mean considering so many have been missing (Negron is gonna get murdered fighting as a heavyweight). And more will follow. I know Jose Pedraza has that Olympic hype behind him. But he hasn't looked all that impressve in recent fights. His power seems to be just average. Abner Cotto is just living off Jose Cotto's name. He's not good enough to deserve to live off Miguel's name. Jayson Velez and Jose Gonzalez are no better than the Junior Middlewight Jonathan Gonzalez. Who I don't think much of at all. Before all this pointless "hate" talk starts, I think very highly of the little Jonathan Gonzalez. And I been intrigued by Jorge Maysonet and Jeffrey Fontanez. Maysonet in paticular has my interest

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't miss must not mean what it use to mean considering so many have been missing (Negron is gonna get murdered fighting as a heavyweight). And more will follow. I know Jose Pedraza has that Olympic hype behind him. But he hasn't looked all that impressve in recent fights. His power seems to be just average. Abner Cotto is just living off Jose Cotto's name. He's not good enough to deserve to live off Miguel's name. Jayson Velez and Jose Gonzalez are no better than the Junior Middlewight Jonathan Gonzalez. Who I don't think much of at all. Before all this pointless "hate" talk starts, I think very highly of the little Jonathan Gonzalez. And I been intrigued by Jorge Maysonet and Jeffrey Fontanez. Maysonet in paticular has my interest

Ok, let's replace "can't miss" with "good chance to be fighting for a title in the future." With that being said, I would apply that label to both Braulio Santos and Camilo Perez. By the way, I'm in full agreement with Maysonet. The youngster doesn't have many rounds under his belt yet... but he looks extremely sharp. Good power... good ring movement... and no sign of a weak chin yet. I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised at your knowledge of these young Puerto Rican prospects.

Of the latest Olympic crop, I'd be interested in seeing how Jantony Ortiz and Felix Verdejo will fare as professionals. The others I'm not too excited about.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok, let's replace "can't miss" with "good chance to be fighting for a title in the future." With that being said, I would apply that label to both Braulio Santos and Camilo Perez. By the way, I'm in full agreement with Maysonet. The youngster doesn't have many rounds under his belt yet... but he looks extremely sharp. Good power... good ring movement... and no sign of a weak chin yet. I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised at your knowledge of these young Puerto Rican prospects.

Of the latest Olympic crop, I'd be interested in seeing how Jantony Ortiz and Felix Verdejo will fare as professionals. The others I'm not too excited about.
    I be knowing about all prospects. Don't matter where they from. If they lace up the gloves and get in the ring I will watch and study them. I can't hold the fact if there Puerto Rican against them. It's not like they had a choice. I agree on Ortiz. Verdejo not as much. You right. The rest are garbage. I'll tell you who to keep an eye on. A youngster named Jose Lopez. Calls himself Wonder Boy, I think. Only 18 years old. He's fought on some of the same cards as Braulio Santos. I was able to see a promotor's copy of some of his fights. He's only faced bums. But he seems advanced for his age. So far that is.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I be knowing about all prospects. Don't matter where they from. If they lace up the gloves and get in the ring I will watch and study them. I can't hold the fact if there Puerto Rican against them. It's not like they had a choice. I agree on Ortiz. Verdejo not as much. You right. The rest are garbage. I'll tell you who to keep an eye on. A youngster named Jose Lopez. Calls himself Wonder Boy, I think. Only 18 years old. He's fought on some of the same cards as Braulio Santos. I was able to see a promotor's copy of some of his fights. He's only faced bums. But he seems advanced for his age. So far that is.

That would be "they're Puerto Rican". But cool.... for a racist you do have some knowledge on boxing prospects. Even for a Mexican. But I'll check on Jose Lopez, 'cause to tell the truth I've never heard of him till now.

Thread Information