Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Are you afraid to die?

İ am afraid and always have been since I was a lıttle kid---to thıinkof everythıng dısdappearıng--goıng black--and never ever returnıng agaın--all my experıuences and memorıes and words and actıons. To me thıs ıs terrıfyıng. I am not afraıd of Hell---I am afraıd of total nothıngness forevermore, forevermore, AND NOT TO KNOW.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Are you afraid to die?

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    İ am afraid and always have been since I was a lıttle kid---to thıinkof everythıng dısdappearıng--goıng black--and never ever returnıng agaın--all my experıuences and memorıes and words and actıons. To me thıs ıs terrıfyıng. I am not afraıd of Hell---I am afraıd of total nothıngness forevermore, forevermore, AND NOT TO KNOW.
    That's why I say to people live life to the full, remember we are all going to die we can't say when or
    were it's the only thing you no you have to do.We must all remember, all of us are here for a very short
    time, so what I see and do in my line of work and my outlook don't think to much about it just LIVE and
    enjoy Brock.

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It used to worry me when i was a kid but now I'm not really bothered.

I don't want to Die but its gonna happen to us all so I'm not gonna worry about something I have no control over.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't want to tempt fate but my own death does not concern me anywhere near as much as the thought of loved-one's deaths.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I got a friend who constantly thinking of death a what will happened after death! But he calmed down lately!

Anyway try to don't think about it, sooner or later it will be your time so try to make the best out of the time you have left.

I don't mind if I die tomorrow or the next day after that! So far I had one hell of a life! Of course I don't want to die but something might go wrong anytime so just make sure you do be proud of what you did and had!
    Try to not think about it as I said, well who am I to talk, ain't got 1000 posts yet

Regards, Bohm

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    I don't want to tempt fate but my own death does not concern me anywhere near as much as the thought of loved-one's deaths.
    Such a gentleman! Need more people like you in this world man! Make sure you make alot of kids buddy'

Cheers!

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Such a gentleman! Need more people like you in this world man! Make sure you make alot of kids buddy'

Cheers!
    You see that people? Finally some recognition!

Thank you
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just dont want to have to come back here again. I hope its my last visit, 3d is somewhat restrictive, its better than 2d or 1d though.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its worried me every day since I was born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am more concerned with family members leaving me. I have been lucky that I haven't lost many relatives in my life so far but I know as I get older it's more likely to happen and it scares me not knowing how i will deal with it.

I don't think about myself dying very often but I find this very weird....If I have been drinking on a Saturday night (for example) and I have a bad hang over on the Sunday, when I finally go to bed that night I can't help thinking about dying and it terrifies me to the point I have to get up and watch tv to take my mind off it. I have no idea why but I find it strange it only happens with a hangover.

This the same for anyone else?

Great cheerful thread

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your fear is natural and shows that you truly value life. Whether you believe in Karma or that this life is all there is, you will merely be returning from where you came. Before you were here you had no knowledge of this place, if you did then your existence itself means nothing. You will just be returning to that state. It is easy to feel mournful for the loss of beauty and joy but a wise man in India once said that the meaning of life is suffering. To live is to desire and to desire is to suffer, for in this life all things are transitory and attachment to this is what causes us pain. That attachment will be broken and the pain will go.

As an atheist I see no contradiction between living my life with this in mind just as many who believe in reincarnation do. The problem comes as you so rightly point out when monotheistic religions arrive and introduce the concept of hell. A concept you have done well in dismissing. For me personally the fear is only that if this is all there is, I may not have taken full advantage of this wonderful chance and squandered time in pontificating and not experiencing, learning, creating, loving and and giving enough. The cowled ones scythe can never bring more fear than that which we create ourselves. Let it go and be at peace.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Your fear is natural and shows that you truly value life. Whether you believe in Karma or that this life is all there is, you will merely be returning from where you came. Before you were here you had no knowledge of this place, if you did then your existence itself means nothing. You will just be returning to that state. It is easy to feel mournful for the loss of beauty and joy but a wise man in India once said that the meaning of life is suffering. To live is to desire and to desire is to suffer, for in this life all things are transitory and attachment to this is what causes us pain. That attachment will be broken and the pain will go.

As an atheist I see no contradiction between living my life with this in mind just as many who believe in reincarnation do. The problem comes as you so rightly point out when monotheistic religions arrive and introduce the concept of hell. A concept you have done well in dismissing. For me personally the fear is only that if this is all there is, I may not have taken full advantage of this wonderful chance and squandered time in pontificating and not experiencing, learning, creating, loving and and giving enough. The cowled ones scythe can never bring more fear than that which we create ourselves. Let it go and be at peace.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never no what your going to get, too true my friends people ask
    me is there a God I don't no , I don't knock them-if they believe ,or not some people need to believe
    in something if it's god or what ever. By the way run Forest run.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post
    I am more concerned with family members leaving me. I have been lucky that I haven't lost many relatives in my life so far but I know as I get older it's more likely to happen and it scares me not knowing how i will deal with it.

I don't think about myself dying very often but I find this very weird....If I have been drinking on a Saturday night (for example) and I have a bad hang over on the Sunday, when I finally go to bed that night I can't help thinking about dying and it terrifies me to the point I have to get up and watch tv to take my mind off it. I have no idea why but I find it strange it only happens with a hangover.

This the same for anyone else?

Great cheerful thread
    Simply because alcohol is a depressant I'd say. Same for me.
    Get yourself some beta blockers from the doctor (you may need to lie), take one in the morning when hungover and go on to have a good day.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used to have an irrational fear death when I was a kid, but the older i've gotten, I just see death as inevitable, so I really don't worry about it. My main concern these days is making sure that when i'm gone, my wife is well taken care of financially, as a result I keep my finances in order, along with having several large Life Insurance policies.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would describe myself as being very passionate about my life rather than afraid of death.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information