Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lucas Matthysse Vs. Danny Garcia

So I watching the replay of Matthysse VS Ajose and if you got a chance to watch it you know it was a brutal display of punching power for Lucas. All throughout that fight they kept mentioning the rematch of Morales VS Garcia and again if you saw that it was a brutal end to a great career and a wicked display of punching power for Garcia.

So how does a match of these two fighters in their prime go? Personally I think Matthysse is the stronger pouncher and better technician. He wins a brutal fight the sees Garcia take a beating but go the distance.

Whats your view?
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lucas Matthysse Vs. Danny Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by Onix View Post
    So I watching the replay of Matthysse VS Ajose and if you got a chance to watch it you know it was a brutal display of punching power for Lucas. All throughout that fight they kept mentioning the rematch of Morales VS Garcia and again if you saw that it was a brutal end to a great career and a wicked display of punching power for Garcia.

So how does a match of these two fighters in their prime go? Personally I think Matthysse is the stronger pouncher and better technician. He wins a brutal fight the sees Garcia take a beating but go the distance.

Whats your view?
    That's a toughie, both Matthysse and Garcia definately have enough power to hurt each other, so it could go either way. At this point however, i'd give the nod to Garcia by a decision. I know one thing, i'd love to see this fight and while we're at it, toss Bam Bam Rios in the mix, we're talking some fucking wars here.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would like to see Garcia do Judah first. Garcia gets better every time out, but still needs work on his defense, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

Whats your view?
    That's a toughie, both Matthysse and Garcia definately have enough power to hurt each other, so it could go either way. At this point however, i'd give the nod to Garcia by a decision. I know one thing, i'd love to see this fight and while we're at it, toss Bam Bam Rios in the mix, we're talking some fucking wars here.
    Would love to see Matthysse get his hands on Rios. I think Rios would come out the worse for wear on that one. Matthysse is calculating, patient, devastating and relentless.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

Whats your view?
    Would love to see Matthysse get his hands on Rios. I think Rios would come out the worse for wear on that one. Matthysse is calculating, patient, devastating and relentless.
    I'd be shocked if you were wrong, I think Matthyse would likely take a few years off of his life. Would love to see him get a chance at such a noble community service.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has Garcia been down in his career?

Matthysse and Garcia is an excellent match. I like both over Rios. I know Rios took Alvarado's bombs, but not convinced he can take Matthysse and Garcia's bombs at 140, and with Rios' style, he has to be able to withstand punches because he gets hit a bunch.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    So I watching the replay of Matthysse VS Ajose and if you got a chance to watch it you know it was a brutal display of punching power for Lucas. All throughout that fight they kept mentioning the rematch of Morales VS Garcia and again if you saw tit was a brutal end to a great career and a wicked display of punching power for Garcia.

Whats your view?
    I'd be shocked if you were wrong, I think Matthyse would likely take a few years off of his life. Would love to see him get a chance at such a noble community service.

I'd like to see these fights--like any boxing fan--but Matthysse is a terrible idea for Rios. Rios, in my opinion, has little or no defense which makes his him a setting duck for Matthysse. The only defense that Rios has is his offense. Rios gets TKOed within four rounds.
    Garcia vs Matthysse is a bad move for Garcia at this time, in my opinion. Matthysse is smart, experienced, confident, patient, and a great puncher. Garcia has all these strong points too, but he lacks the experience of Matthysse. Garcia gets TKOed within seven rounds. A better choice for Garcia would be Judah.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This would be a quality fight. Right now though I think Garcia needs more seasoning. While both of these guys are at a peak and on a major momentum role, I think with respects to Garcia it's at different learned levels. I love Morales to death bit I wouldnt put the cart ahead of the horse when labeling Garcia a major leauge puncher just yet. He's improving big time but he doesn't want to get touched by Lucas they way he was touched by Khan and Morales in 1st. He has a nice selection and is well on his way but tomorrow I got Lucas. Both of these guys are what's 'right' with boxing. They've earned it and hopefully down the road they cross paths.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 10-29-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not seen Mattyesse fight at all but he does get rave reviews from boxing fans. Garcia is a work in progress and is getting better all the time. Rios is a tough fighter but cannot see him beat the other two as he seems he is out of his best weight division.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Not seen Mattyesse fight at all but he does get rave reviews from boxing fans. Garcia is a work in progress and is getting better all the time. Rios is a tough fighter but cannot see him beat the other two as he seems he is out of his best weight division.
    He's a stoic killing machine with real punching power that can also box. Matthysse is clever and always thinking in there. Systematically destroys people or boxes with the best like Alexander and Judah and gets jobbed.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude, do yourself a favor and check out the fight with Judah or even his go with Soto or Corley. He is very 'tv friendly' and a gloved tatted up wrecking ball. I think he knocks the goofy hyena laugh right out of Rios.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Dude, do yourself a favor and check out the fight with Judah or even his go with Soto or Corley. He is very 'tv friendly' and a gloved tatted up wrecking ball. I think he knocks the goofy hyena laugh right out of Rios.
    That is what I would enjoy for Lucas Matthysse to beat Rios. Who has he got lined up next?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Matthyse vs Garcia is more intriguing than either facing Rios. A fight with Rios would be great fun (either guy facing him), but with Rios it will become a question of whether LM or Garcia can control distance better than Alvarado and hurt Rios later on in the fight.

Matthyse vs Garcia is interesting because both guys have power. Both guys can box. LM's technique is underrated. Either would be willing to do some infighting. I favor LM, because I think he is a special puncher (a man that drops every freaking guy he faces is special to me). But you could argue for any outcome. Garcia does have enough power to hurt LM. Garcia boxes well enough that he could win a decision. LM has the power to hurt and possibly KO Garcia. LM's underrated boxing ability (when matched with his power) would allow him to box well enough to win a decision (whether or not any judges would give him one is another story).

So I like LM vs Garcia more than either of them fighting Rios because the way the fight goes could vary much more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting fight indeed.

Garcia has a solid left hand and fairly well boxing skills. But Matthysse's chin is granite. I could see that playing a major factor as the fight went on.

Overall, Garcia and him would go to war early but as it went on no doubt that Lucas would make it further in a war, IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    That is what I would enjoy for Lucas Matthysse to beat Rios. Who has he got lined up next?
    Seems we will have Garcia-Judah next says GBP in 2013. But Lucas Matthysse doesn't have nothing yet so it seems. A fight with the winner of Guzman-Allakhvierdev is interesting to me.

Thread Information