Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Romney vs. BO - Saddo's kids race mongering thread

The worst thing that can happen is a watered down compromise that simply kicks the can down the road. Unless the GOP is willing to get behind big DoD cuts, increasing top marginal rates, the Dems are willing to make serious entitlement reforms and both can agree on REAL tax reform then we will get some bullshit that both parties believe they can sell to their base as a victory. I am skeptical that there are enough true leaders to make the best decision not the best political move. That being said, I'll take gridlock.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Either way the country loses. I've never been fond of this gridlock you mention. Ideally, if you disagree on an issue because you truly disagree, partisanship be damned... then fine. But when party lines and loyalty are the deciding factors, it truly muddles things up. Any direction is better than no direction, IMO. It happens here (P.R.) too. We have mostly a two major party political system. When the governor from one party wins, but the other party gets a majority in the Senate and/or House, it's a fucking nightmare.
    By the way, what happened w/PR statehood?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Romney vs. BO - Mars got caught finger banging midget ponies

I'm starting to see the appeal of this guy. Took a long time, but I think I'm finally getting it.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle, you are a fool. Do you seriously think I even respect Korea with its racist ways? Or Britain with its colonial repressionist past? Or America with its horrible support of torture, murder and illegality? Get real. If there is wrong I will say as much and refuse to participate.

I will bandy about comparisons with Nazi Germany because I am not a subject and don't care about appeasement. Tito wants nothing more than to be one of those baggy clothes wearing Americans and thus apologises for a nation that has killed tens of millions all in the noble pursuit of making the world a better place for all. Hitler believed the same thing.

Power corrupts and America has had unchecked power for far too long. Of course those within the borders and in the colony states bow their heads and say yes to master. But they have no self worth.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Romney vs. BO -Mars has a tiny withering penis

And now a word from the Christian Men's Defense Network:

What the Right Doesn’t Get About Elections | Christian Men's Defense Network

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That article is awesome. I lauged my ass off. Fucking sluts!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    That article is awesome. I lauged my ass off. Fucking sluts!
    lol I'm having the best day ever finding this stuff. It's pretty much endless and just various degrees of gold.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Either way the country loses. I've never been fond of this gridlock you mention. Ideally, if you disagree on an issue because you truly disagree, partisanship be damned... then fine. But when party lines and loyalty are the deciding factors, it truly muddles things up. Any direction is better than no direction, IMO. It happens here (P.R.) too. We have mostly a two major party political system. When the governor from one party wins, but the other party gets a majority in the Senate and/or House, it's a fucking nightmare.
    By the way, what happened w/PR statehood?

Our elections, which occured the same day as in the States, included a referendum on status. The statehood status won convincingly, a major victory for statehooders here on the island. We now have to see how the new elected officials plan to proceed with these results, and of course the whole thing needs to be presented to the U.S. I briefly saw some coverage on Yahoo about it today.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was actually just reading this article about that: Puerto Rico Vote Endorses Statehood With Asterisk - ABC News

Completely uninformed about this topic, but I was a bit surprised by how few Puerto Ricans wanted complete independence. Maybe I shouldn't have been surprised, again I'm completely uninformed about Puerto Rican politics.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post

I was too late, the guy has made it private. What they don't get about elections is demographics. Like that Senator said a while ago, there aren't enough angry white guys to make the GOP a viable long term proposition. They're going to have to at a minimum support an immigration reform that Hispanics will vote for when Obama sets one in motion sometime in the next two years, but supporting it will make the GOP base melt down. They're between a rock and a hard place. Decades of bashing minorities to win the majority vote is coming back to bite then in the arse and there's nothing they can do about it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

I was too late, the guy has made it private. What they don't get about elections is demographics. Like that Senator said a while ago, there aren't enough angry white guys to make the GOP a viable long term proposition. They're going to have to at a minimum support an immigration reform that Hispanics will vote for when Obama sets one in motion sometime in the next two years, but supporting it will make the GOP base melt down. They're between a rock and a hard place. Decades of bashing minorities to win the majority vote is coming back to bite then in the arse and there's nothing they can do about it.
    Shame, because it was pretty great. VC covered the gist of it.

Beyond the hahalarious stuff yesterday that was far and wide, my takeaway from pundits on the right kind of went like this.

1. "Yea, we got it all wrong. Time to stop with the rapey, boo minorities, lolwoman and rights stuff. Make a new plan."

or

2. We got screwed by all of number 1.

I guess time will tell which way it goes, but they for sure have some hard work and soul searching to do.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    Was actually just reading this article about that: Puerto Rico Vote Endorses Statehood With Asterisk - ABC News

Completely uninformed about this topic, but I was a bit surprised by how few Puerto Ricans wanted complete independence. Maybe I shouldn't have been surprised, again I'm completely uninformed about Puerto Rican politics.

LOL... you're not alone in that. Independence is an ideal in some people's minds, but realistically, the more feasible options are statehood, or the status quo. Statehood has been slowly gathering momentum over the years, but I think there's a lot of misinformation that doesn't help to make the choice. Of course, once P.R. completely endorses statehood, it's up to the U.S. Congress to accept.

El Kabong Guest

#1 Blacks won't ever vote Republican the way they vote Democrat, it WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Republicans could buy each new Black GOP member a car and a Mansion and they wouldn't leave the Democrat Party that keeps as many of them as they can poor, stupid, and from broken homes. That sounds harsh but that's what years of liberal policies have done to them.

#2 I enjoy this whole discussion of "demographics" when 3 million plus people (majority white) sat on their asses and didn't vote....that would have been enough to get Romney a victory.

#3 Hispanics don't like the GOP for what reason? The stance on ILLEGAL immigration? Well if that's the case fuck them. The DREAM Act? Fuck that too....you should not be rewarded for coming to this country illegally, sorry that's a nonstarter

#4 The road to rebranding the GOP lies with winning Libertarians and not with the Evangelicals. There's plenty of people for the legalization of marijuana and gay marraige and so on (at the very least at the state level), there are plenty of votes to be had from the "isolationists" as well but the key argument is saying States should have the right to pick and choose what they want on their own whether it's pot or healthcare those decisions should be made at the state level.

#5 The GOP is diverse but I guess the following people "don't count" as minorities: Condalezza Rice, Mia Love, Allen West, Herman Cain, Marco Rubio, Artur Davis, J.C. Watt, Peter Boulware, Alberto Gonzales, Susana Martinez, Bobby Jindal, Nikki Hailey, etc....they just aren't "ethnic enough" I guess

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

#5 The GOP is diverse but I guess the following people "don't count" as minorities: Condalezza Rice, Mia Love, Allen West, Herman Cain, Marco Rubio, Artur Davis, J.C. Watt, Peter Boulware, Alberto Gonzales, Susana Martinez, Bobby Jindal, Nikki Hailey, etc....they just aren't "ethnic enough" I guess
    LOL Herman Cain

GOP civil war: Herman Cain calls for third party - Salon.com

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

LOL Herman Cain

GOP civil war: Herman Cain calls for third party - Salon.com
    Like I said.....I guess Conservative minorities just don't count

Thread Information