123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Romney vs. BO - Saddo's kids race mongering thread

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Bush won a lot of Hispanic votes because he'd been fairly pro-Hispanic as a Texas governor and hadn't come out against amnesty -- he'd basically hinted in the 2000 election campaign that he'd provide a path to citizenship. When he tried to pass a path to citizenship bill after he got re-elected people like Rush Limbaugh led a revolt against it and the GOP base made so many calls to DC that the congressional phone system crashed. Every GOP rep/Senator was told they'd be primaried if they supported the bill and it died an instant death. If the GOP head honchos back a similar plan en masse and give the base no choice the base will revolt and a significant enough number to matter won't tuen out to vote in future.

They can't touch abortion/gay marriage either. If they lose evangelicals they're completely fucked. And they can't give up on tax cuts for the top1% /corporations or they lose the Enron wing of the party and almost all their funding and without serious funding you can't get elected.
    Kirkland, Ronald Reagan did the whole Amnesty for Illegals thing and did he win over any hispanic voters for Reagan or the Republicans No it didn't.

Why do people like the Democrats? Because they aren't very tight when it comes to spending other people's money that is hands down the main reason. You can't tell me the Democrats have been all that helpful to the minorities they CLAIM to want to help. LBJ absolutely demolished the 2 parent household for African-Americans.
    Maybe Hispanics and African-Americans like the Democrats because the Democrats don't call them useless/illegal/lazy moochers/welfare cases etc etc and attack and denigrate them to get votes. Maybe that's it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Kirk,

Why do you feel it necessary to provide me a history lesson on my own country much less my own state? Do you really think I'm not well versed on these topics? Anyway all those issues can be on the table w/o a revolt if they are appropriately messaged. The base is about winning more than anything else. I think Obama's victory is evident of that considering how little difference he has shown from Bush. Give the platforms subtle changes to the dialogue and the base will still Rah Rah Sisk Boom Bah as usual. The GOP of 2012 is different than the GOP 2000 and the GOP of 2016 can be different as well if the power brokers have enough vision and nuts. It make little difference to me personally b/c the end result of Dem/GOP leadership is the same.
    Last week you were saying that the GOP wasn't conservative enough and were saying that a guy like Ron Paul who has a hardline immigration policy could win a national election. Now you're saying that the GOP has to become more moderate to win and that people who last week weren't voting GOP because the GOP isn't conservative enough are now going to vote GOP en masse after they become even less conservative.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seeing as it'll become common knowledge in the next couple of weeks, I might as well pass on some actual insider information about how the fiscal cliff thing is going to go. Over the weekend various Obama Treasury people have gone to Wall Street and met with money industry people and filled them in on what's going to happen with the fiscal cliff. Apparently once negotiations with the GOP get under way Obama is going to announce that he's going to increase taxes for the top 1% only, keep current spending unchanged and add additional spending -- a new stimulus -- of about five hundred billion dollars a year for the next two years and up around a trillion dollars a year for the last two years of his presidency.

Some of this stimulus will be in the form of a tax cut but will go to low/middle income earners in the form of a payroll tax cut to get the GOP on board but the vast majority of the stimulus money will be spent to replace old bridges, roads, schools and similar infrastructure and also to build a national electric power grid fit for the twenty first century. Obama is going to tour the country to sell the plan to the American people, he's going to hold televised town hall meetings in most states, particularly the ones that just voted for Romney, and explain what he wants to do. All of these meetings will be televised statewide and some will be televised nationwide.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Kirk,

Why do you feel it necessary to provide me a history lesson on my own country much less my own state? Do you really think I'm not well versed on these topics? Anyway all those issues can be on the table w/o a revolt if they are appropriately messaged. The base is about winning more than anything else. I think Obama's victory is evident of that considering how little difference he has shown from Bush. Give the platforms subtle changes to the dialogue and the base will still Rah Rah Sisk Boom Bah as usual. The GOP of 2012 is different than the GOP 2000 and the GOP of 2016 can be different as well if the power brokers have enough vision and nuts. It make little difference to me personally b/c the end result of Dem/GOP leadership is the same.
    Last week you were saying that the GOP wasn't conservative enough and were saying that a guy like Ron Paul who has a hardline immigration policy could win a national election. Now you're saying that the GOP has to become more moderate to win and that people who last week weren't voting GOP because the GOP isn't conservative enough are now going to vote GOP en masse after they become even less conservative.
    Sometimes your reading comprehension is appallingly bad. Surely you can differentiate between conservative and libertarian. The Libertarian stance on immigration is open borders which would be more liberal using current vernacular not more conservative. Our previous discussion was specific to spending/taxes/entitlements. On those issues I do believe a more libertarian GOP candidate would be beneficial on social issues the GOP isn't going to go full libertarian but needs to tone down the religious rhetoric and message them better. The GOP has not always been so draconian on immigration (Bush/Reagan examples already mentioned) and yes they need to change this. I believe this could change it w/o a full blown party revolt.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn... the "butthurt", to use @Youngblood 's word, is worse than I thought.

Healing the 'united' states split by presidential election

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like MSNBC has decided to quit the charade of being news and joined in with Fox to provided the best one sided agenda they can.

MSNBC Beats Fox News By Following Its Example - Yahoo! News
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

El Kabong Guest

Maybe Hispanics and African-Americans like the Democrats because the Democrats don't call them useless/illegal/lazy moochers/welfare cases etc etc and attack and denigrate them to get votes. Maybe that's it.
    Democrats only call on them to keep them in power and in thanks they keep those minorities poor and dumb and dependent on the government.

El Kabong Guest

Seeing as it'll become common knowledge in the next couple of weeks, I might as well pass on some actual insider information about how the fiscal cliff thing is going to go. Over the weekend various Obama Treasury people have gone to Wall Street and met with money industry people and filled them in on what's going to happen with the fiscal cliff. Apparently once negotiations with the GOP get under way Obama is going to announce that he's going to increase taxes for the top 1% only, keep current spending unchanged and add additional spending -- a new stimulus -- of about five hundred billion dollars a year for the next two years and up around a trillion dollars a year for the last two years of his presidency.

Some of this stimulus will be in the form of a tax cut but will go to low/middle income earners in the form of a payroll tax cut to get the GOP on board but the vast majority of the stimulus money will be spent to replace old bridges, roads, schools and similar infrastructure and also to build a national electric power grid fit for the twenty first century. Obama is going to tour the country to sell the plan to the American people, he's going to hold televised town hall meetings in most states, particularly the ones that just voted for Romney, and explain what he wants to do. All of these meetings will be televised statewide and some will be televised nationwide.
    .....so like the FIRST stimulus, the one with the "shovel ready jobs" and what not but only this time WE'RE SERIOUS

El Kabong Guest

These are American voters and they are Democrats

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cash for clunkers....

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol u mad.

We could play exploit the low hanging fruit game all day, there are endless supplies of it to go around. But it doesn't help your cause much when you've basically just had your ass handed to you.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    lol u mad.

We could play exploit the low hanging fruit game all day, there are endless supplies of it to go around. But it doesn't help your cause much when you've basically just had your ass handed to you.
    How about you focus on Canada's politics?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You'll have to remind me of when I signed up here at Saddo's, I may have missed it. I don't remember swearing a pledge of allegiance to your flag. Or some kind of thought policing governed by you or your nations interests. Pretty sure I can talk about what ever it is I feel like.

Or, is that too many freedom fries for you to chew on all at once?
    Last edited by Youngblood; 11-12-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Thread Information