Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Aftermath and repercussions of Obama victory

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    There is too much gray in the world. Not enough Grey though.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Intent So Obama means to follow through on his promises after 4 years of not worrying at all about the economy and forcing Obamacare down our throats? Hahaha....you are such a phoney you'd never vote Republican at least I'm honest when I say I'll never vote Democrat.

Funny you should use the word "phoney". The perfect description for Mitt the Twit.
    And don't project your biases onto me. Just 'cause you'd rather die than vote Democrat, doesn't mean I'm as deranged as you. I'm open-minded, a concept that must be as foreign to you as sanskrit.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    @TitoFan , my State of Texas overwhelmingly voted for Romney 57% to 41% for Obama. So I don't believe having a Dem president will amount to a hill of beans, and for the most part it's not going to change the way we do things here in Texas.

As for Texas wanting to succeed from the Union, that's bullshit talk that's been going on for the last 100 years, it ain't ever going to happen.

I know it won't, @Mars_ax. It's pretty much inconceivable that a state would ever separate itself from the U.S. It's funny... but the "United" States are sometimes anything BUT.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    @TitoFan , my State of Texas overwhelmingly voted for Romney 57% to 41% for Obama. So I don't believe having a Dem president will amount to a hill of beans, and for the most part it's not going to change the way we do things here in Texas.

As for Texas wanting to succeed from the Union, that's bullshit talk that's been going on for the last 100 years, it ain't ever going to happen.

I know it won't, @Mars_ax. It's pretty much inconceivable that a state would ever separate itself from the U.S. It's funny... but the "United" States are sometimes anything BUT.
    I believe the "United" States goes back to the original 13 States. If the Presidential election earlier this month showed one thing, it's that the "United States" is anything but united. More specifically, Americans are divided on social and political issues, but that's nothing new.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know this has been beat to death, but I just couldn't resist.

Seven states qualify for secession response from White House

What put this over the edge for me as far as comedic content was the statement I've excerpted below:

"A counter-petition has been filed calling for the state capital Austin to secede from Texas and remain part of the United States".

I've paid good money to see stand-up comedy that's not as funny as this.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck Austin.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

El Kabong Guest

Intent So Obama means to follow through on his promises after 4 years of not worrying at all about the economy and forcing Obamacare down our throats? Hahaha....you are such a phoney you'd never vote Republican at least I'm honest when I say I'll never vote Democrat.

Funny you should use the word "phoney". The perfect description for Mitt the Twit.
    And don't project your biases onto me. Just 'cause you'd rather die than vote Democrat, doesn't mean I'm as deranged as you. I'm open-minded, a concept that must be as foreign to you as sanskrit.

Open minded? Haha is that why you constantly call my views extremist

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So chief exec Murray decided to do a preemptive strike on the poor bastards that worked for him?
    Sounds like a sound, business, humanitarian move to me.

Never mind trying to outplace these people. Never mind their needs. I'm fucking pissed off that Obama won... so I'll show HIM... I'll just fire all my own people.

"The hurricane is coming and it may damage my house... so I'll just blow the fucking thing up and not give the hurricane the satisfaction of blowing it down".

Give it up, Lyle. You know this is a bullshit move, just like all the bullshit secession talk that's going on.
    Just like @Youngblood said...... epic butthurt.

LOL, you don't get it do you? As the owner of the business that is directly in the crosshairs of the President he probably tightened the belt in order to prepare his company to survive for the next 4 years. You don't run a business do you? I've met with friends and they had deals that were surefire things go belly up after the election....is it because the people are racist? Are they bitter? Well they might be bitter at the thought of a lost opportunity but they wouldn't cut off their nose to spite their face because at the end of the day their job as owner of a business is to MAKE MONEY.

But hey, I'm glad you liberals think it's all just a case of "butthurt", if that makes you feel better and keeps you feeling all warm & fuzzy on the inside as the economy slows to a grinding halt then that's fine. You call me out for generalizing when I show the guy gaming the welfare system but you're telling me that this guy who owns the Coal company and everyone else not making deals after the election is just on account of "butthurt".....that's rich man, quite funny.
    It isn't Obama who fucked the coal industry, it's natural gas and supply and demand. Coal can't compete with natural gas anymore. I could post graphs of both prices going back a few years but you can go and look and learn.

Thread Information