Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arrow Robert Guerrero vs. Andre Berto - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Good scrap tonight on HBO. Guerrero who's one of my favorite fighters might have bit off more then he can chew at Welterweight against the hard hitting Berto.

Nov. 24
    At Ontario, Calif. (HBO): Robert Guerrero vs. Andre Berto, 12 rounds, for Guerrero's WBC interim welterweight title; Carlos Quintana vs. Keith Thurman, 10 rounds, junior middleweights.

I really hope Guerrero can pull this off, but I have my doubts, in any event, there should be some fireworks in this title fight.

Last edited by Mars_ax; 11-24-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Robert Guerrero vs. Andre Berto Saturday night on HBO

whom you are going to support?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used to really like Guerrero. Then came that ridiculous period he went through calling everybody out, all the time, especially after pulling out of a fight with Maidana and not showing ANY interest what so ever of rearranging the fight. His PR guy made this situation worse for me, somehow getting my boxing related email, and always sending articles based on Guerrero calling someone out.

Would have brought a little smile to my face seeing him beat by Aydin, but he really sucked it up and got through that fight with the W. His win over Aydin has restored a good portion of my interest and I'll defo be watching this weekend. He should just let his boxing do the talking, as really got annoying back there. I think he can beat Berto, who mustn't have great stamina as he spends alot of time holding rather than fighting. Downside for Guerrero is that he does get hit, and I reckon Berto has fast hands and hits pretty hard. Can see Guerrero Pts and a Berto KO. Either way, should be a good fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a fight I've been waiting on for awhile. I like both fighters, but somebody gotta lose. Guerrero was fading his last fight but showed great heart and won. Its no quit in Berto. The power of Ortiz didn't stop him, so I don't think Guerrero can stop him. Outboxing someone with very fast hands is hard to do. So at some point in the fight, Guerrero is going to get caught. Hopefully is early!!!

The fact that both fighters know that a win can make them very wealthy in there next fight. And the loser will have to start from ground zero. ESPECIALLY BERTO!!!!

Berto by TKO 11th

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by heyram1 View Post
    whom you are going to support?
    If you read my OP, it's pretty obvious i'm pulling for Guerrero, I like Berto well enough though, he's an entertaining fighter, but "the Ghost" is my boy.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    I used to really like Guerrero. Then came that ridiculous period he went through calling everybody out, all the time, especially after pulling out of a fight with Maidana and not showing ANY interest what so ever of rearranging the fight. His PR guy made this situation worse for me, somehow getting my boxing related email, and always sending articles based on Guerrero calling someone out.

Would have brought a little smile to my face seeing him beat by Aydin, but he really sucked it up and got through that fight with the W. His win over Aydin has restored a good portion of my interest and I'll defo be watching this weekend. He should just let his boxing do the talking, as really got annoying back there. I think he can beat Berto, who mustn't have great stamina as he spends alot of time holding rather than fighting. Downside for Guerrero is that he does get hit, and I reckon Berto has fast hands and hits pretty hard. Can see Guerrero Pts and a Berto KO. Either way, should be a good fight.
    I agree Mac, Guerrero "should just let his boxing do the talking", calling people out can backfire, just walk the walk in the ring. I'm a little surprised Guerrero took this tough fight so soon after moving up to WW, but maybe he knows WTF he's doing, I sure hope so.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

I agree Mac, Guerrero "should just let his boxing do the talking", calling people out can backfire, just walk the walk in the ring. I'm a little surprised Guerrero took this tough fight so soon after moving up to WW, but maybe he knows WTF he's doing, I sure hope so.
    You all should check out the Maxboxing article on PED usage and Guerrero being forced to take this fight with USADA doing the testing, as opposed to VADA.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

You all should check out the Maxboxing article on PED usage and Guerrero being forced to take this fight with USADA doing the testing, as opposed to VADA.
    Why is that Rantcat, isn't it because Berto tested positive for PEDs before his rematch with Ortiz?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

VADA caught Berto last time. Guerrero's people wanted VADA testing for this fight but Berto refused and only agreed to USADA, an organisation which has a seriously questionable relationship with Golden Boy who are now Berto's promoters. Draw your own conclusions. It's really worth reading those two PED articles.

I'm going to go way out on a limb and pick Berto to win this weekend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got a really great gift for my bday to go sit down ringside for this one, Im gonna go and sit for the entire card and milk it.

Personally I think it could go either way, Guerrero is a warrior and should have a height and reach advantage on Berto but if Bertos catches him it could be lights out for the Ghost. If the ghost can make the final bell I think he can take a points decision with effective punching and ring generalship...if Berto catches him itll be sometime in the 6th.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onix View Post
    Got a really great gift for my bday to go sit down ringside for this one, Im gonna go and sit for the entire card and milk it.

Personally I think it could go either way, Guerrero is a warrior and should have a height and reach advantage on Berto but if Bertos catches him it could be lights out for the Ghost. If the ghost can make the final bell I think he can take a points decision with effective punching and ring generalship...if Berto catches him itll be sometime in the 6th.
    Thats the only way to do it when seeing live fights. Happy Birthday !
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a fight I would love to watch, I have always like Berto with his fast martial art hands but his development has certainly been stalled with fights falling through against Shane, loss to Ortiz and drugs appeals. I hope he can pull it off but Guerrero seems fearless considering he fought at the lower weights. It will be very interesting who wins as they would have a good case to be Floyds next opponent.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest I hate to pick a winner for this fight and that means I'm gonna enjoy it. I hate fights in which the winner really is a forgone conclusion (looking at you Demarco Broner) but I guess I would lean towards Guerrero as he is taller and he does pop his jab. Berto will have power on his side and he's not exactly slow either but I think Guererro is more solidly built as a fighter.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Robert Guerrero vs. Andre Berto - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Robert Guerrero: Andre Berto Has A Soft Chin

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Robert Guerrero vs. Andre Berto - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Guerrero has had exactly one fight at welterweight and fought a basically untested guy. He's fighting somebody who can really punch at the weight. If anybody's chin is getting tested it's Guerrero's.

Thread Information