Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Iron Mike Tyson vs. Wladimir Klitschko

What kind of feeling of terror and impending doom would cut across Wladimir Klitschko's heart if he ever stepped in the ring with a prime Iron Mike Tyson of 1988?

How badly would his glass jaw and back peddling style be exposed by most ferocious human to ever enter a boxing ring? Tyson would literally pounce on Wlad like a lion and send a earth shaking left hook crashing into his jaw ... probably dislocating it and sending half a row of his teeth into the stands. A Tyson hook would viciously KO him even with his guard up. Even a jab would put his lights out, and it doesn't even have to land clean.

Tyson would most definitely end his career and brutality stop his brother as well. A lion cannot be wounded by a gazelle and no Klitschko can ever live with Mike Tyson, the king of boxing. No member of the human species could ever defeat a prime Iron Mike Tyson of 1988.

Tyson KO 1
    Last edited by TysonBomb; 11-24-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad is so push over!
    We saw what happend when a fast David haye ent swinging with prime Roy jones precision and power and wlad saw it and was faster than a fly!
    Tyson I think was too small. Not saying Tyson wins or loses but wlad is a big man

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Iron Mike Tyson vs. Wladimir Klitschko

This is perhaps the most cerebral thread in years !

For the record I'd pick Tyson, but naturally Wlad's height, jab, rabid clinching and boxing skills would pose a challenge.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    Wlad is so push over!
    We saw what happend when a fast David haye ent swinging with prime Roy jones precision and power and wlad saw it and was faster than a fly!
    Tyson I think was too small. Not saying Tyson wins or loses but wlad is a big man
    A bum like Steve Pannell put Wlad down ... fat and slow Sam Peter was able to hurt him ... Corrie Sanders hand speed bewildered and overwhelmed Wlad ... Lamon Brewsters aggression caused Wlad to panic and get KOed ... the list goes on and on and Iron Mike is the most ferocious, sharp, powerful, quick and elusive boxer Wlad would ever meet

Tyson's height and style makes him a difficult target for any heavyweight to hit ... Tyson would storm in and as soon as Wlad throws a single jab to try and check him he's getting clobbered by a massive bone crushing left hook ... prime Tyson also delivered hellacious body attacks ... Wlad doesn't have the close range fighting skills to beat Mike... and his arsenal of 3 punches, being the jab, left hook, and straight right hand is not going to save him from Mike .... and Mike ALWAYS fought guys bigger than him and they rarely posed much difficulty ...

No fighter with a questionable chin can survive with Tyson ... and we've already seen guys with fast hands, power, and aggressive styles dismantle Wlad and give him major problems ... again, who has a better combination of all of these skills than prime Tyson? Lighting fast combos ... otherworldly power ... overwhelming aggression ... evasive style ... all disastrous for Wladimir Klitschko
    Last edited by TysonBomb; 11-24-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome TysonBomb you will get on with Philosopher and El Kabong.

Tyson batters the klits only Vitali survives to see the end bell but takes a pounding like Rudduck did.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Logic would say that Wlad's height, reach and sheer size would make it hard for Tyson. But Wlad's frailty and mental weakness sugget that Tyson would Ko him. Tyson by early ko for me.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was a huge Tyson fan! I think he would KO Wlad inside 5 rounds! I actually think Vitali would have a shot at beating him. I don't think Tyson could KO Vitali and over 12 rounds (if you look at success that Bonecrusher had at times and Tucker at points during their fight), Vitali may have a shot. Dunno
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    I was a huge Tyson fan! I think he would KO Wlad inside 5 rounds! I actually think Vitali would have a shot at beating him. I don't think Tyson could KO Vitali and over 12 rounds (if you look at success that Bonecrusher had at times and Tucker at points during their fight), Vitali may have a shot. Dunno
    Listen to yourself Big H, Bone crusher did sweet FA all the fight except right at the end. James lost every round. Tucker landed one uppercut in the first round. That was it. You had to count the times Tyson was hit properly on one hand in his prime, it was that rare.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Listen to yourself Big H, Bone crusher did sweet FA all the fight except right at the end. James lost every round. Tucker landed one uppercut in the first round. That was it. You had to count the times Tyson was hit properly on one hand in his prime, it was that rare.
    Fighting who though? His opposition was poor in the 80's. The best opponent he faced in his "prime" was an over the hill Larry Holmes. I'd have taken a prime Larry to outbox Tyson.

I can't decide who would win between Tyson and Wlad but Wlad now is far better than any of Tysons opposition in his so called prime. Wlad would certainly give Tyson plenty to think about and if he just tried rushing in all night there is certainly a danger he will end up eating a lot of jabs and being worn down and stopped.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doesn't matter at what stage Bonecrusher had success, he showed how you could get to Tyson. I'm not one of those who things Tyosn is overrated, but I still think Vitali would be a really hard fight to call
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree completely that Tyson-Vitali could've gone either way and would be a hell of a fight. Anyone who actually thinks Wlad could handle a young Tyson has to have a word with themselves though imo.
    To say so is basically suggesting Wlad would pitch a complete shut out without getting touched one time. Mike Tyson could cuff him in a clinch and it would be curtains for Wlad, really try to imagine him getting through a tough spot with Tyson, its laughable. The finish to that fight would most likely be comedy.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doesn't matter at what stage Bonecrusher had success, he showed how you could get to Tyson. I'm not one of those who things Tyosn is overrated, but I still think Vitali would be a really hard fight to call
    Seriously Bonecrusher landed one big punch at the end of the fight, that was it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Fighting who though? His opposition was poor in the 80's. The best opponent he faced in his "prime" was an over the hill Larry Holmes. I'd have taken a prime Larry to outbox Tyson.

I can't decide who would win between Tyson and Wlad but Wlad now is far better than any of Tysons opposition in his so called prime. Wlad would certainly give Tyson plenty to think about and if he just tried rushing in all night there is certainly a danger he will end up eating a lot of jabs and being worn down and stopped.
    If Tysons opposition was "poor" then what words describe glass jaw Wlad's competition Piss poor laughable and pathetic?? What does it mean when a C rated retired S African golfer who was around a 40-1 underdog can destroy him?

Spinks was an undefeated gold medalist and is lauded as one of the greatest LHW ever and Tyson annihilated him in 91 seconds. The man was coming off from three HUGE wins, two decisions over Holmes and a TKO victory over Cooney. Holmes was hardly over the hill or washed up, look at his record after Tyson and the names he has on his resume. Tyson was the only man to ever KO Holmes. Tony Tucker was also an excellent undefeated boxer with an excellent chin, great jab and was very athletic and mobile and at 6'5" he should've been able to keep Mike who was 6 inches shorter at bay with the jab yet he couldn't ... he even gave Lennox Lewis a hell of a fight even when he was past his prime. Lewis who is said to have a good resume has a bunch of Tyson left overs.

The fact that you can't decide destroys your credibility ... Tyson was a master at avoiding the jab and getting in range to get his punches off. Tyson would show no respect to him and if Wlad tries to actually fight with the man he's getting sent out on a stretcher within the first 30 seconds ... if Wlad decides to hold he lasts a little longer before Tyson crushes him. Tyson was able to out jab jabbers like Tony Tucker, he could probably out jab Wlad too.

If David Haye can dodge and avoid combinations from Wlad then what makes you think Iron Mike Tyson can't?? Tyson's defense and chin were first rate. It was hard to tag the guy with anything, even Larry Holmes who had the best jab ever couldn't keep Tyson away.

The only punch that Tyson was really vulnerable too was the uppercut, and Wlad doesn't have the punch in his arsenal.

If Tyson can KO guys that had never been KOed before like Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tubbs, and Larry Holmes what makes you think GLASS JAWED Wlad has a chance?? Tysons wins over a prime Razor Ruddock are easily greater than anything on Wlad's resume ... Ruddock was the most dangerous and feared heavyweight at the time and Tyson soundly defeated him in both fights and nearly ended his career ... he broke his jaw and ribs and Ruddock was never the same after that.
    Last edited by TysonBomb; 11-25-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The prime Mike Tyson rips Wlads head off. Wlad has no chance in changing this to a scrap in a swimming pool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    The prime Mike Tyson rips Wlads head off. Wlad has no chance in changing this to a scrap in a swimming pool.
    Prime Tyson was terror personified ... Wlad would never have a chance

NO ONE ever had the combination of power, speed, athleticism, skill, punching ability, elusiveness and durability that he had.

Easily top 5 all time in power
    Easily top 5 all time in hand speed among the heavyweights
    One of the best chins in heavyweight history, one of the hardest guys to ever hit and probably the best combination puncher in the history of the heavyweight division and definitely the most ferocious boxer that ever lived.

Wlad has 2 choices: Get DQ'ed for holding or get KTFO

Thread Information