Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default shadow boxing videos

Hello,

guys, I am not lazy, I searched a lot, and I did found some interesting. What I am asking here is maybe you can post something you really like and can recommend and write few words why?

Questions are:
    1) How to throw right hand
    2) Body shots
    3) Movements
    4) Head movements

thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: shadow boxing videos

Hello and welcome.

I'm no expert by any means, but I've been studying boxing since October the first and would like to think that I at least have a good idea in general about things.

As for as shadow boxing videos, there are only a couple that I really like. The first one comes from this man.

He's one of the first good trainers that helped me get the ball rollin'. His videos are very user friendly and concise. This particularly video is, of course, about shadow boxing.

Another video is from myboxingcoach.com. Unfortunately you have to be a member to view it. It's significantly more extensive, but I think you'll have no problem working with the aforementioned video.

As far as your questions. Oh boy, you can break them down into so many different scenarios as far as punching. So I'll say things in general.

As far as I know, and as far as punching is concerned, the jab is the only punch that you can throw that you can also move with. That is why it is so highly regarded, it's versatile.

With power punches, you have to set your feet. You have to get in range and set your feet. I'm gonna go ahead and assume you know how to get into the proper stance so I'm going to leave out a few minuet details. You literally start from bottom to top. Your feet turns, then your leg, then your hips, then your shoulders and finally following through with the arm. Very hard to get right, a lot of subtle mistakes that you can make to take away from the punch in one way or another. Practice is A LOT.

Body shots: Can't help you there bud, I'm still trying to get down my 1,2.

Movement: Something I learned first and glad I did. Not learning movement first is like building a house without a foundation. It's...well, fundamental! I'm not sure what you're asking though. What are the different kinds of movements? How do you move or what kind of movement should you assimilate into your shadowboxing? And so on and so forth.

Head movement: If you're brand spankin' new to boxing, I would recommend you start learning head movement after you learn the 1,2 and how to move in and out. Like with most things in boxing, you should focus on no more than a couple of things at a time until you're proficient enough to incorporate a handful of things at once.

All the best.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: shadow boxing videos

thanks, this is quite detailed answer that I needed. Nice youtube channel find!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information