Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My training log

Well I now have a permenant full time job. So my posting here wont be on such a regular basis. That does not mean, that I'm not training. On Monday morning at 6am before work, I went for a 4.6 mile jog. During that jog I did shadow boxing on the run, interval training, running backwards, and side stepping. Using the lamp posts or tree's as distance markers.

Tuesday night I went boxing at the boxing gym. I was put into the main group. Which is very extreme fitness and boxing. Started warming up with skipping, my skipping is so good now, that I have a normal pace which is quite fast, but when the coach gives the instruction spring, I change from jumping with both legs, to actual sprinting on the spot whilst skipping. During the skipping work out, we brake it up with shadow boxing, then repeat. Then we partnered up on the pads. We started off punching a 1-2 combination, but with a twist. We start of with just 1-2, two punches in total, then drop down with your gloves on a bang out two push ups. With a fisted glove hand, makes push ups very hard. The person with the pads also had to drop down and do two push ups. Then the next time your punched a 1-2 but you repeated it again doing 4 punches in total, then drop down 4 push ups. You did this all the way to ten, then all the back down from ten to 2 punches again! Then we did the same but with punches 5-6, push ups replaced with sit ups. Upto 10 and back down from 10. Then we did punches 3-4, with the sit-ups replaced with leg thrusts all the way to ten then back down again.

Then after that we did Advanced punching combinations. One of which was 1-2-3-2. We did that combo upto twenty times, then all the way back down from twenty. I wont repeat all the combos we did. But I assure you it was to twenty and back down again.

Then to finish off. We did more strenght and stamina exercises. Burpees, press ups, sit ups, leg thrusts ect. Then warm down stretches.

Tonight I did another 4.6 mile run, mixing it all up, as written in the opening paragraph. But tonight I came in and did strenght and stamina building exercises. 25 push-ups, 25 Dempsey sit-ups, 20 Leg Thrusts, 10 Neck bridges, 14 Dorsal raises, 3 pull ups, 2 chin-ups, 10 hanging knee raises.

Warm down stretches, and glass of semi skimmed milk.
    Last edited by Dave1066; 03-13-2013 at 09:56 PM.
    Muhammad Ali K.O by Henry Cooper in round 5 in 1963. Ali weighted 204 lbs to Henry Coopers 185.5 lb
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, last night I went to a different boxing gym. As it's much cheaper and concentrates on Amatuers. It just a supplement to my other gym. So that I get two approaches to my boxing training. To hopefully make me a better rounded boxer.

The gym I went to last night. Uses the more traditional western structure to its training. Warm up with skipping and shadow boxing. Then we shadow boxed for three rounds. Some people were actually sparring. After that we did a routine on all the different bags around the gym. After that we went what I would guess is a two mile jog. Then back in the gym and straight into circuit training, each exercise has ten reps and I did two sets. Then it was warm down stretches.
    Muhammad Ali K.O by Henry Cooper in round 5 in 1963. Ali weighted 204 lbs to Henry Coopers 185.5 lb
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi, well went to the boxing gym tonight. Was a good training session. Really enjoyed it. Did the usual warm up. Of 1 round of skipping and then shadow boxing. Then we did strenght and stamina building exercises. Then we did combinations. Then warm down.

Well the gym seem to be pleased with my progress, they asked me if I wanted to become a full member. Which of course I said yes. So now I can goto three training sessions a week. At the moment though. I'm going to keep it to two sessions. My normal Tuesday night session, and a Friday night sparring clinic. Best get some decent head gear.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi well I have been doing my normal training. I went for a 4.6 mile run on Sunday, which is my boxing style run. If doing shadow boxing, interval training, running backwards, and sideways.

I went to the gym last night. Which was a good session. We did the usual warming up of skipping and shadow boxing. Then we all gloved up. Partnered up, practiced moving around, whilst firing shots at out my partners glove, then dropped down and banged out as many press-ups as possible until the coach said stop, then we did light sparring without contact head shots, meaning light contact body shots. Which was great as I got to practice my defence skills, blocking, dropping the elbows, glances, stepping back. After that we got the pads out and practice technique whilst moving around. Then it was cool down.

The reason for why I'm not posting so much on here, is because I have started a new full time permanent job. As a manual labourer,gardener,grounds man. So keeping up my training, my job, and diet is tiring. So I am spending a lot less time online. That being said, I suppose I'm like the old school boxers now. Going to work doing manual labour, then going to the boxing gym. Like back in Dempseys era. So will certainly tone nd strenghten my body up.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi, well went to the boxing gym last night. Wow what a beasting we had. Only 4 guys and a girl turned up last night. This session was different from Tuesdays. We did shit loads of circuit training and plyometrics. At one point we did shuttle runs, then we had to bang out 10 stright punches, this we continued until we had been told to stop by the coach. Then we did the same but with 10 hooks ect...One exercise I did enjoy which was new to me was. We got a 4 foot punch bag. Practiced offensive hops over it, and when the coach gave the command, knelt down on it and banged out as many punches as we could, until we were told to hop again.
    Last edited by Dave1066; 03-29-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi well today. I weighted myself to keep check on my weight and gave myself a visual run down. A couple of weeks ago I weighted 165.5 pounds. Today I weighted 162.2 pounds. Sometimes with my job and working out, I do feel hunger. But I'm not worried about my muscle eating itself away. As I still have some fat on my abs. Only the lower half really.

Because of Boxing and my manual labour job. My body, immune system has taken a hit. I have now had a cold for three weeks. I haven't been my usual alert jokey self, my brain function has waned, as well as my energy levels. So I have decided to start using supplements. I have ordered MyProtein Alpha man super multi vitamins, to boost my immune system and general well being. I have also ordered MyProtein Omega 3 Liquid for my joint care. As I have an old left elbow injury that is servicing. So taking the fish oil for general well being and suppleness for my bones,tendon and ligaments. To stop muscle wasteage, and not to gain muscle. Just to maintain what muscle I have, I got MyProtein Recovery Evo.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi, well Tuesday night. I went to the boxing gym. We did the normal. Warm up with skipping and shadow boxing. Then we did circuit/plyometrics. Then we did a special type of pad exercise. Where you had two people on pads and the third person boxing. This we did for 3-4 sets. The person on the pads decided the combos. Then we did warm down stretches.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well just got back from a run, my normal boxing style run, which includes shadow boxing, interval training, running backwards, and going sideways. Today as it is fairly dry, and knowing how bad the land gets water logged around here. I decided to go off road, and mix in some trails, which range from bare soil/mud to gravel. Which upped the anti.

Straight back and Myprotein Recovery Evo drank. This is the first time in weeks, after going back into full time employment, that I have wanted to get out there and run. Whether that is the mix of supplements I'm taking or the fact the weather has been better and the sun has been shining I don't know. Time will tell.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well went to the boxing gym tonight. Went to my first full contact sparring session. Didn't do to bad for my first time. I did get some good shots off and some good combinations. My defence was ok, but needs work. I need to stop looking away at some points. My foot work and moving around is generally good. Everyone was friendly and offered advice. I did successfully use Dempseys falling step, but I became dependant on it and started getting taggged and advised to stop via the coachs and use the jab as a range finder more and to relax.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well after going for a days airsoft skirmishing yesterday.. you'd think that would be tiring enough. I came home and did an hours work out, which was the normal skipping and shadow boxing for warming up, 3 rounds of each alternatively. With no rest between.

Then I did three rounds on the heavy punch bag, and three rounds on the speed ball, alternatively. With no rest between rounds. I did the speedbag with my 16oz gloves on...now thats tiring and fatigues you quickly!

Then I did my circuit training routine. Which I have updated. I will update my list here in the future.

Tonight straight after work. I went for a 4.6 mile jog mixing it up with some cross country. As I have boxing tomorrow night. I did not shadow box during the run. But I did do my interval training,running backwards, and running sideways like jumping jacks but with out my hands going up into the air.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information