Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My training log

Well I now have a permenant full time job. So my posting here wont be on such a regular basis. That does not mean, that I'm not training. On Monday morning at 6am before work, I went for a 4.6 mile jog. During that jog I did shadow boxing on the run, interval training, running backwards, and side stepping. Using the lamp posts or tree's as distance markers.

Tuesday night I went boxing at the boxing gym. I was put into the main group. Which is very extreme fitness and boxing. Started warming up with skipping, my skipping is so good now, that I have a normal pace which is quite fast, but when the coach gives the instruction spring, I change from jumping with both legs, to actual sprinting on the spot whilst skipping. During the skipping work out, we brake it up with shadow boxing, then repeat. Then we partnered up on the pads. We started off punching a 1-2 combination, but with a twist. We start of with just 1-2, two punches in total, then drop down with your gloves on a bang out two push ups. With a fisted glove hand, makes push ups very hard. The person with the pads also had to drop down and do two push ups. Then the next time your punched a 1-2 but you repeated it again doing 4 punches in total, then drop down 4 push ups. You did this all the way to ten, then all the back down from ten to 2 punches again! Then we did the same but with punches 5-6, push ups replaced with sit ups. Upto 10 and back down from 10. Then we did punches 3-4, with the sit-ups replaced with leg thrusts all the way to ten then back down again.

Then after that we did Advanced punching combinations. One of which was 1-2-3-2. We did that combo upto twenty times, then all the way back down from twenty. I wont repeat all the combos we did. But I assure you it was to twenty and back down again.

Then to finish off. We did more strenght and stamina exercises. Burpees, press ups, sit ups, leg thrusts ect. Then warm down stretches.

Tonight I did another 4.6 mile run, mixing it all up, as written in the opening paragraph. But tonight I came in and did strenght and stamina building exercises. 25 push-ups, 25 Dempsey sit-ups, 20 Leg Thrusts, 10 Neck bridges, 14 Dorsal raises, 3 pull ups, 2 chin-ups, 10 hanging knee raises.

Warm down stretches, and glass of semi skimmed milk.
    Last edited by Dave1066; 03-13-2013 at 09:56 PM.
    Muhammad Ali K.O by Henry Cooper in round 5 in 1963. Ali weighted 204 lbs to Henry Coopers 185.5 lb
    Hidden Content

Thread Information