Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is better: David Price or Tyson Fury?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Question Who do you think is better: David Price or Tyson Fury?

I'm not sure who would win if David Price and Tyson Fury fought in the new year. Price has tremendous one-punch power, but his defense and overall boxing ability might not be as good as Fury's.

Tyson Fury has been steadily improving over the past couple of years. As we saw in yesterday's fight, he now has very good technical skills. Fury has fought better opposition than Price - I think the experience of being in with decent journeymen like Chisora, Pajkic and Johnson has been helping him develop into a better fighter.

What are your thoughts on these two up-and-coming heavyweights? If they fight in the new year, who do you think would win?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you think is better: David Price or Tyson Fury?

Price is obviously the more eye catching because of how quickly he has ended fights. Fury doesn't have the same power, but in a way you could argue that he will learn more by going the distance against the likes of Chisora and Johnson anyway.

As for Price, he's looked very good this year, but i'm still going to reserve full judgement until he's been in with a proper threat. So far he's looked very good, but he'll not be learning much from knocking out Sexton, Harrison and Skelton. Credit to him, but if i remember correctly, he hasn't been past 8 yet, so it would be good to see how he copes with a distance fight, which he will eventually end up in.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson is younger, improving and going the distance.

Price and tyson are nice guys with tyson being a bit more out there shall we say.

I think tyson wins at this stage.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Price and Fury, both very large individuals who is the better boxer/ fighter, who has the best chin
    I feel there is not a lot in it, what ever 2 good pros-becks next year will probable be the judge till
    then we wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

Price and tyson are nice guys with tyson being a bit more out there shall we say.

Price for my by quite some margin. Better in every department save chin, which we haven't seen tested yet in Price. If Fury had Vitali's chin and a great defence I might change my mind, but he doesn't, and Price's beautiful shot selection should prove too much.

Experience only counts for so much, and I don't think going twelve rounds makes a lot of difference. Tyson. Lewis, Bowe, Vitali and Wlad went the full twelve rounds for the first time in world title fights, and they didn't do to badly.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Price. By quite a margin. His power is something else. Stopping people early spectacularly has prevented him being tested down the straight but his shot selection is good, the execution of those punches is very good and he has the ability to adapt. Head shots, body shots the power he has in each hand is special.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthepen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

Price for my by quite some margin. Better in every department save chin, which we haven't seen tested yet in Price. If Fury had Vitali's chin and a great defence I might change my mind, but he doesn't, and Price's beautiful shot selection should prove too much.

Experience only counts for so much, and I don't think going twelve rounds makes a lot of difference. Tyson. Lewis, Bowe, Vitali and Wlad went the full twelve rounds for the first time in world title fights, and they didn't do to badly.
    That is key in this fight. Can Price hurt Fury before he hurts him. I'd love to see this fight while we wait to see what happens with the Arreola/Stiverne semi.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury is going towards a world title shot.

Price, while more popular has not fought the quality of opponents Fury has.

What is the biggest name Price has beaten?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have to go for Price. He seems the more complete athlete in terms of discipline and boxing skills. Let's not forget his concussive power. The only thing that worries me about Price is that he still looks quite scared when being attacked and lacks composure when he needs to defend. Thus, making his defence quite poor. Skelton got through a few times in those 2 rounds with his mauling flurries.

Tyson looks a little more composed when he is under attack. Although it may not matter how good Fury's chin is because Price's power is so high, it doesn't seem to matter how good your chin is, he'll hurt you.

Prices best opponents I'd say have to be either Skelton or *gulp* Audley! In terms of them both being former world title challengers. But Mcdermott and Skelton aren't pushovers on the domestic scene and Price despatched them with ease.

I'd love to see the fight now while they still carry their imperfections and perhaps later down the line also when both have improved. I don't see how either would lose much stock in losing to the other..who else is on their level domestically? Not many.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Price would smash Fury to bits. Price will get KOed soon too though
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boyla View Post
    Fury is going towards a world title shot.

Price, while more popular has not fought the quality of opponents Fury has.

What is the biggest name Price has beaten?
    Fury has had five more fights, so for a prospect you would expect better opposition.

And besides, what does that have to do with anything? Cotto had fought better opposition than Trout.

Styles make fights, and whilst Fury is facing decent opposition, they are still tailored to his lumbering style, and frankly are awful preparation for his path to world title glory against a Klitschko.

Certainly if Fury doesn't find a hard puncher to step in the ring with him soon he's going to get the shock of his life when he steps in with a brother K and feels their jackhammer rights.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since the start of Furyscareer it has been based around pushing him and getti g him ready for the elite. He was thrown in with the British champ in his eighth fight, 8months in to being a pro. He has fought unbeaen punchers, foreign unknown unbeaten fighters. Hes now fought a world ranked decent opponent, someone that Haye didnt want to fight when he made the move to heavy. Fury looked good last night.

On the other hand Price is more and more just hype. He is taking on lesser and lesser opponents with each fight just to have an exciting finish and has learnt nothing and like someone else just said he shits himself when fighters pressure him and when he does face that big puncher, Maloney will be watching through hos fingers because Price is having no adverstity with all these soft touches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The question is answered by Fury Vacating his titles to Duck Price I would have thought

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can be the best boxer on the planet, if you never fight a quality opponent.

You have not proved yourself.

It is like Usain Bolt, never racing anyone.

Fury will fight a puncher much sooner than Price.

Why should price ride fury's coat tails to he top.

If Fury was not a gypsy he would be much more accepted, but then again so is the English football team.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mofo2 View Post
    The question is answered by Fury Vacating his titles to Duck Price I would have thought

True enough but you know Davids chin might be a little shaky. Did Fury not call out Price recently?

Thread Information