Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manny please RETIRE, I dont what my hero hurt some more.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Manny please RETIRE, I dont what my hero hurt some more.

There is no point of continuing even though he might still have something left in the tank. That right hand definitely took alot out of him, I dont want my hero to end up like Roy Jones Jr.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny please RETIRE, I dont what my hero hurt some more.

He was being more aggressive and just got caught. After all the fights, it seems JMM was just destine to be the Mexican to beat Pac.

A fifth fight would still be competitive and I'm sure Pac will still do some serious damage on any welterweight.

Why retire because he got caught cold? Pacs a warrior, I bet he wants a rematch asap. I think his fans need to be as brave as him. You can't celebrate his victories and be proud then but be cowards when he is the one that got destroyed. His a champ and always will be, don't be surprise if he comes back even stronger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just dont want to see Manny end up having brain damage...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    I just dont want to see Manny end up having brain damage...
    At the bare minimum he needs to take some time off. Let him focus on family and politics. He really has nothing else to prove as a fighter.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's definitely fighting again. See his reaction after the first knockdown. Embarrasment more than anything. I think he really really wants a rematch. He was outboxing Marquez and was faster and he can just box for twelve rounds, keep his chin out of harm's way and get a win. I think there's more chance of Marquez retiring now than Manny.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    He was being more aggressive and just got caught. After all the fights, it seems JMM was just destine to be the Mexican to beat Pac.

A fifth fight would still be competitive and I'm sure Pac will still do some serious damage on any welterweight.

Why retire because he got caught cold? Pacs a warrior, I bet he wants a rematch asap. I think his fans need to be as brave as him. You can't celebrate his victories and be proud then but be cowards when he is the one that got destroyed. His a champ and always will be, don't be surprise if he comes back even stronger.

Yup. I don't get all the retirement talk.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We're all assuming Pacqiuao wasn't irreparably damaged from that knockout. Paul Williams was never the same after Sergio's KO. Throughout history, boxers who have suffered knockout losses like that frequently don't come back the same.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    We're all assuming Pacqiuao wasn't irreparably damaged from that knockout. Paul Williams was never the same after Sergio's KO. Throughout history, boxers who have suffered knockout losses like that frequently don't come back the same.
    True

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    That is a solid point.

I am looking forward to a nice rest and then I will be back to fight.
    Is what Manny said after he was cleared at the hospital.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What about Morales

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

What about Morales
    The Morales that negotiated for pac to use more padded gloves in the first fight and then got k.o'ed in the rematch and quit in the third? JMM fought tougher, bigger, primed pacman 4 times and ko'ed him cold.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac's not even 34 yet, so no need to retire 'cause of age. However, we've seen Pac on a gradual decline, to the point where it's been speculated whether his heart is still in it. He gave it a good go last night, but Marquez just has his number. If Pac wants to continue for the right reasons, no reason for him to retire. But if he's not 100% into it, he could end up getting hurt worse.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This has to be one of the weakest thread titles of all time by the way.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Pac's not even 34 yet, so no need to retire 'cause of age. However, we've seen Pac on a gradual decline, to the point where it's been speculated whether his heart is still in it. He gave it a good go last night, but Marquez just has his number. If Pac wants to continue for the right reasons, no reason for him to retire. But if he's not 100% into it, he could end up getting hurt worse.

Yeah its a tough call. He had a Ct scan and everything was ok. He was stopped cold early in his career also. I could not believe how well he handled the first kd

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Yeah its a tough call. He had a Ct scan and everything was ok. He was stopped cold early in his career also. I could not believe how well he handled the first kd

In a way I think Pac's celebrity status may have hurt his boxing career a little bit. He's been on all the talk show tours... he has his own band (I think)... his political career... he's dabbled heavily in religion. In short, he's become one of the more recognizable faces in all of sport. He does commercials... has probably been on every major magazine cover, etc, etc. And there's been a noticeable decline in his boxing. Controversy aside, he should've been able to handle Tim Bradley easier than he did in their bout. And now this previously unimaginable KTFO loss to Marquez.

As I write, I'm reminded of the Rocky movies. What was it... Rocky III, where Rocky was all "fat and content" and had to be slapped back to reality by his trainer? Anyway, Pac needs to do some serious soul-searching. He either gets back to his boxing roots... or he just drops it altogether and moves on with the rest of his life.

Thread Information