Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JMMs different tactic in the 4th fight..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: JMMs different tactic in the 4th fight..

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    The foot thing maybe explains why Manny was sparked unconcious for about three hours instead of just being unconcious like a normal unconcious sparkage job.

I don't know.

But I think the trip theory is pretty sound.
    Yup I do think the lights were out a little longer because of it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Youngblood : So if I understand this correctly JMM landed that shot because Pac tripped?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    @Youngblood : So if I understand this correctly JMM landed that shot because Pac tripped?
    No, not at all. Some pacfans are saying that. They'd be wrong. I'm not.

He would have landed it either way I believe. It was just much more devastating because of the trip also. Just because a trip happened doesn't take away from it, but it is also no reason to ignore it when analyzing things. I honestly believe I am one of the most unbiased people on this site, maybe any site. I just see what I see from a technical stand point and say it, my guy, your guy, it don't matter to me.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    No, not at all. Some pacfans are saying that. They'd be wrong. I'm not.

He would have landed it either way I believe. It was just much more devastating because of the trip also. Just because a trip happened doesn't take away from it, but it is also no reason to ignore it when analyzing things. I honestly believe I am one of the most unbiased people on this site, maybe any site. I just see what I see from a technical stand point and say it, my guy, your guy, it don't matter to me.
    This whole foot thing is just funny... But anywho.

I think that shot lands regardless of where Pac steps. He was walking right into it as he stepped forward.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody is suggesting Marquez "tripped" him. Marquez had his lead foot set well before Pacquiao came forward off balance and out of position, the same thing has happened frequently in all of their fights as Inuit said. It doesn't detract from Marquez' win to attribute it to better footwork and patience, surely..Manny tripped up because he came in wide open at the wrong moment, not the other way around.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol cognitive dissonance on display itt.

I don't think it is funny or silly at all to examine. It would be in a thread about kudos for a fighter, where if by design it is to take away from the message. This is about strategy so more apt to discuss technical issues. Important to separate the two.

If you look at what happens to Pacs hands mid way, they go from the usual delivering a jab reaction, with possibly a followup left, to one of natural reaction to falling. Think about the human reaction to falling. Both hands tend to pull up almost 100% of the time to protect the head for when it hits the ground. It's not something someone chooses to do, it just happens.

Like I mentioned, when I watched it that night I only had real time footage of the waist and up and from a stream, a good one mind, but not taped, or in HD. It bothered me as something seemed off. Mostly the heads speed and angle driving in. Next morning had all the information, DL'd HD version, gifs, and so analyzed it and it made sense and had the aha moment to what didn't seem correct in the body mechanics of a typical KO.
    Last edited by Youngblood; 12-11-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Youngblood and P4P are right on here. The trip was obviously something and It does nothing to discount Marquez' victory. I don't buy that he was wearing a bigger shoe, that seems absurd. Yb is right though, I didn't see it until the next day either. Rather then be repetitive, I'll throw one more accidental consequence of the trip and that the trip may have opened Pacquiao up a bit. Pacquiao isn't an amateur and it was off to see him have a little 'bow and arrow' lunging with the jab like that

Boyle Heights, Lost City of Angels, Califas
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't really thing much changed tactically. Only thing with this perfect shot was that Marquez baited Pac and he bit. All that time from the third fight marquez was rotating to his left and pac followed. setting up his punch in the fourth was predictable even for marquez and nacho.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Youngblood and P4P are right on here. The trip was obviously something and It does nothing to discount Marquez' victory. I don't buy that he was wearing a bigger shoe, that seems absurd. Yb is right though, I didn't see it until the next day either. Rather then be repetitive, I'll throw one more accidental consequence of the trip and that the trip may have opened Pacquiao up a bit. Pacquiao isn't an amateur and it was off to see him have a little 'bow and arrow' lunging with the jab like that
    No doubt. Manny was already walking into a perfect shot, but losing his balance at the last second like that made it unreal. Marquez had already lined him up perfectly and committed to the punch, the fact that Pac tripped over his lead is only further to his credit! It's not hard to imagine the effect being magnified by that kind of lapse, Marquez was already almost beside him by the time he turning the shot over, Manny didn't see it to begin with.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First of I don't want to take any credit away from Marquez.

However, the first thin I always look at when Pac gets caught by Marquez are their feets and usually Marquez feet is the one ontop of Pacs.

Seeing the knockout punch and seeing Pac falling forward instead of away from the punch is like he ran into a wall without balance and without the force to knock him backwards.

YB, I think when you thought something didn't look right. I felt the same and realize the fact that why did pac fall towards the punch instead of the punch powering pac away with its force. The trip played a major part, just saying.

Again, I do not intend to take credit away from Marquez. I actually didn't want to engage into this whole trip/out of balance because as a pac fan if I did I knew nobody would believe me. Just adding my 2 cent since the neutral guys saw it too.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well as long as it's not an excuse it's all good.

Also did you guys notice JMM also tripped on Pac's foot in his knockdown?
    I didn't notice that on fight night maybe cuz I jumped out of my seat and started yelling "fuck! fuck! fuck! fuck! fuck! here he comes now"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well as long as it's not an excuse it's all good.

Also did you guys notice JMM also tripped on Pac's foot in his knockdown?
    I didn't notice that on fight night maybe cuz I jumped out of my seat and started yelling "fuck! fuck! fuck! fuck! fuck! here he comes now"
    Haha, what a fight these two always have, its just amazing at this point. I really wouldn't mind seeing them continue there saga as long as its competitive.

Yea JMM def trip on pacs foot too in his knockdown. I didn't think that was what got him in trouble, I think it was the punches he was eating without going down. I really thought pac was out to destroy him that night but just got caught dead on his track. Just shows how dangerous both guys are. What a fucking rivalry I can't get enough honeslty!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey as long as we are bringing up foot trips, im pretty sure Pac stepped on JMMs foot when he knocked him down ! And then JMM was like "oh no he fuckin didnt" and then JMM proceeded to knock Pacman into the stone age. Its been 3 days and im still rewatching the knock out and still fuckin happy about it.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Yes his strategy changed. Went from being genius counter artist, to bulk up and and get super strong, then KTFO Pac with a right hand from the pit of hell. Seems to have worked too.
    Perhaps so, but it was kamikaze as Marquez lost his face in a couple of rounds. The early rounds Marquez was quiet, but clearly in the 3rd and last he took Manny's soul.
    He took pacs sould in the third, then pac comes back to kd jmm and then plaster jmm and bloody his nose in the ko round?

I guess pac got his soul back in round 4

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was out for so long cause he chose to stop his fall with his face.

Thread Information